“Amazing start of our honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of andBeyond Klein's Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Serengeti National Park
andBeyond Klein's Camp
You added andBeyond Klein's Camp to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Serengeti National Park, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania   |
“Amazing start of our honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was out first safari stop on our honeymoon, followed by Ngorongoro crater lodge and Mnemba. Can't recommend that itinerary highly enough; it's a perfect combination if safari and relaxing beach time, especially if this is your first trip to Africa.
Klein's is such a special place - you really get the sense of being one with nature, and the vastness of the Serengeti really sinks in on your drive up to the Mara river. The sightings on the game drives were great, even though we missed the leopard, and the drive up to watch the river crossing is an unforgettable experience.
Service was very friendly, the lodge is very relaxed and the view is incredible. Singoi, our butler, still comes up in our stories. My husband started the trip with food poisoning (from Arusha) and the staff was so helpful making sure he recovered quickly.
This place was everything I had hoped it to be; strongly recommend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Having been persuaded by my husband to go on a safari holiday I have to say I wasn't looking forward to the trip at all.
This changed the minute our ranger Selou greeted us at Lobo airstrip.
The next 4 days were the most amazing ;
The lodge itself is clean with beautiful accommodation and fantastic views,
The food was excellent and the bar area warm and welcoming.
The rangers and the general manager would pop in in the evening and chat about what we had seen.
The safari experience was superb we saw all the big 5 in 3 days and were lucky enough to see two rhino and a Wilderbeest crossing .
Selou and Mo were friendly kind and very knowledgeable in fact it was more like they were travelling with us than earning a living!
We even had a Masai dance performed for us in the restaurant along with a cake and champagne for our wedding anniversary.

Since returning home I look back and still can't quite believe how wonderful it was.

Stayed October 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 days here while on our honeymoon and it was beautiful. Klein's is one of the only places where you can drive off road and so we were able to really experience the safari. Our ranger Rabine and guide Jackson were the best and they made sure to make us breakfast and lunch in the bush. Amazing experience and I hope to one day return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Spectacular and enjoyable, the private concession means you can off road to be right alongside the animal action. Superb outlook, fantastic service and ambience. Of the 3 and beyond's we stayed at, this was the best. Outstanding, we had a sensational time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's taken me almost a year to get around to writing a review about Klein's Camp, and I still think about it almost every day. Our experience there was amazing. This was our first trip to Africa, and Klein's Camp will forever be the standard by which we compare every future trip. In a nutshell, it is a private concession, so 1) You can drive off-road. 2) You can take guided bush walks 3) You can go on night drives, and 4) Have it all almost to yourself. We did not realize how important these things are until we visited other more touristy places. Highlights of our trip were countless, but I'll try to name a few: We saw a lion kill a zebra about 20 feet from our vehicle. It was horrific, but beautiful. Terrible yet sacred. I don't ever need to see another kill again, but I'm glad I saw it once. A happier highlight was seeing a family of 6 cheetahs together just basking in the sun, playing, romping around, grooming eachother. We were within 20 feet, again, and a few of the baby cheetah walked right by our vehicle within inches, looked up at us and chirped, like "come play with me". It was just me and my husband and our wonderful guide, Patita. Just the three of us hanging out for the longest time with this happy family of cheetah. Other highlights were sundowners every day out in the bush while on night drives. We stop out in the bush, surrounded by the sound of roaring lions and elephants trumpeting, and enjoy some gin-and-tonic and snacks. We took a bush walk (again just me, my husband, and Patita) which was breath-taking. Another highlight was visiting a local Massai village. I described the experience to some other travelers who had visited local villages at other lodges, and I got the impression that other lodges were more of a tourist experience when it comes to cultural experiences (dances, productions, things like that). This was nothing like that. They were friends of Patitas... Just about 3 women and 4-5 children. We visited there homes, saw a new home they were building, and bought some handmade jewelry. Another thrilling highlight of the trip was RUNNING ON FOOT from a SIXTEEN FOOT ROCK PYTHON. Now, that's a real safari. We were out on a game drive, came upon a rock python and got out of the vehicle. Long story short, we got our exercise and it was one of the most thrilling, funny, exhilarating memories of the entire trip. Anyway more reviews to come. We stayed in Tanzania for 14 nights and stayed at 4 lodges. Kleins Camp was our favorite. Our trip was booked through andBeyond, and we highly recommend booking your trip through them (andBeyond.com). They took care of all of the details and transfers and we will definitely travel with them again.

Room Tip: There about about 10 rooms (little huts). They are all wonderful I'm sure. The bar and dining...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

And Beyond camps have the safari experience down to a fine art. The food at this particular camp was outstanding. What a chef. He could be in Paris running a michelin star restaurant. The camp is safari luxury, the staff great. We had Eresto the finest ranger I have encountered. The area is teeming with game. The views from the rooms gorgeous. Highly recommended in every way.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I travel a lot, stay at 5 star hotels and its first time I have to look for the right words to explain my experience
the room is great , the food is tasty , the guide and the personal battler are real professionals
but how can i describe the attitude of the all staff - from the lodge manager to the last security guy
on the last night the house keeper Irene left a short note on my bed - thanking me for being their guest
its real FAMILY and HOME feeling

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to andBeyond Klein's Camp? Share your experiences!