“" One of the best experiences in the wild - The Serengeti Simba Lodge"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serengeti Simba Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Serengeti National Park
Serengeti Simba Lodge
You added Serengeti Simba Lodge to your Saves list
Ikona Wildlife Management Area, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania   |
Kilimanjaro National Park, Tanzania
“" One of the best experiences in the wild - The Serengeti Simba Lodge"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My recent stay at the Serengeti Simba Lodge with my friends was one of my best experiences in the wild. As I walked into the Stone House my eyes were griped to the awesome view of the Serengeti planes from my room. I was stolen away by the amazing views. I could see a migration of zebras far away, they looked like infants walking, as I looked closely through the clear glass window I felt as if I was walking with them.
The lush landscape around the lodge and the cool breeze as I walked from the lounge to the stone house was so refreshing. I really enjoyed sitting at the pool side with an amazing sun set over the plains. Another highlight was the traditional tribal dance of the Ikoma around the fire place in the evening. The dancers wore colorful outfits and energetically danced to the traditional drum beats, we could not resist joining them towards the end!
After the hot refreshing shower, we went for dinner. The guard was standing outside our room, ready to escort us to the lounge. There was a variety of food at the lodge. The waiters were extremely helpful and caring. The food was great! The lodge is eco friendly and runs on solar power but there is generator power to assist with the charging of our electronics.
At night I could hear sounds of different animals at a distant which just felt magical and waking up to the sunrise was just amazing. It was sad leaving the lodge I wish I could stay longer! I would extremely recommend Serengeti Simba lodge to any traveler seeking for a unique experience in the wild.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bremen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This lodge was the best we stayed in during our trip in Tanzania. Everything was perfect: the rooms were stylish, comfortable and very clean, service was very good with very friendly and helpful staff and the location was simply stunning, up on a hill looking down over Serengeti, right in the middle of nature.
The lodge has free wireless and allows you to use a computer in case you do not have one, there are guards who take you to the rooms during the night and are on call for any emergency and last but not least, it also has a great pool and very nice atmosphere.
Also, what I found particularly positive was that they also offered accommodation to the guides and allowed them to eat together with guests. We didn't have that in other lodges.

Room Tip: If you want to be closer to the main building ask for the rooms Giraffe or Ostrich, although even if...
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

From the welcome we received to the goodbyes when we left the service we received here was so friendly that we felt like family. The Eco friendly values of the lodge are so in keeping with area. Watching the sun rise over the Serengeti with the sound of hundreds of wildebeests is an experience we will never forget.

• Stayed June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great sunset views over the plains of the serengeti. Great food-many choices for dinner to satisfy even vegetarians. Fresh vegetables, soup from scratch, local choices. Hospitality was amazing. My wife and I felt very welcomed.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's was our last stop on our safari and great to save the best for last! The staff seems very happy to be working there and the service is great with lots of smiles. The pool overlooking the Serengeti is so refreshing after game drives. Lovely to sit out on porch and enjoy a drink and the amazing sunsets. A little weak on vegetarian food but everything else was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
auroraafrica, Marketing Manager/Guest Relations at Serengeti Simba Lodge, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your very positive review. The staff at the lodge is always pleased to get such wonderful feedback. We're so sorry the vegetarian food was not up to your expectations and will mention it to the chefs so they can improve on that front.
Annie Birch
Marketing, Serengeti Simba Lodge
North Landgrove, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Located on the top of a hill overlooking the plains it is a great way to end the trip. The food is fabulous and the service is wonderful. Getting past the road up is well worth the trip. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were even taken on a night safari which was amazing. Bring an extra camera battery since you do not always have time to recharge when the generator is on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KEBS1010

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review and for the tips for future travellers. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the food and service and the night game drive, we agree that's a special experience.

Annie Birch
Marketing, Serengeti Simba Lodge
Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The best thing about this lodge, and there are many good things, is where it is located. The lodge is built atop a kopje overlooking the plains of the Serengheti. Everywhere you go, there are amazing views of the savannah, and with binoculars, or sometimes the naked eye, you can watch herds of Impala, zebra, and giraffe roaming the plains. I also saw Cape buffalo and a topi family. Every room has spectacular views, and my room was a place I was content hanging out in for hours, sitting in my chair, watching the wildlife from the wall of glass. Walking from my room to the lodge was another treat because the air was so pure, the colors of the vegetation so vibrant, and the birdsong was almost heartbreaking: all wove this hypnotic state of calm and relaxation I hadn't experienced for some time.
The next best thing was the staff, who were friendly and accommodating. The waiters were very responsive to requests, and on the game drive, the driver and guide worked well together. The guide was very knowledgeable, and if he wasn't sure about a specific name, he looked it up in one of several resource books he kept with him.
The food was delicious, providing a lot of variety, including vegetarian options. I couldn't stop eating the bread, which was especially tasty! It took a lot of will power not to sample every offering at each meal, because it was all good.
My bed was very comfortable, with netting provided, solar torches and plenty of hot water in the shower. It was beautifully decorated and I loved returning to this room either to take a nap, to watch the vistas, or to read. I would suggest that if you like to read in bed, bring a battery operated head light.
The lodge also provides a local cultural experience where people from a nearby village come and perform dances and songs of their tribe. It's really fun to sit around the fire, watching the sunset with a glass of wine in hand, experiencing this ancient tradition. The lodge, because of it's orientation, offers equally good views of the sunrise and sunset.
Lastly, the pool. It's clean and set in a nice sunny spot with a deck and lounges for sunbathing.
The setting is gorgeous and it's a great way to either cool off, get some exercise or just laze around while you enjoy the serenity of the Serengheti.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the Stone House, which I loved. It's quiet, you can open the window to listen...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Serengeti Simba Lodge? Share your experiences!