“Great value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort

You added Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort to your Saves list
Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Bagamaoyo Road | Kunduchi Beach, Dar es Salaam 1000, Tanzania   |
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I a stunning place. I love the excellent view. The food is above avarage. The place is real vaule for money. The staff and management is brillant....Always friendly and very helpfull. Mr Thiart make a big different. He goes the extra mile for the customers.. You will see me again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Riaan T, Manager at Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Frank

Many thanks for the positive feedback received.

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our lovely hotel. Yes, we are proud of our product. The changes introduced have produced great results. TEAM KUNDUCHI is committed to our property and most of all our GUESTS.

I will relay the positive feedback to my TEAM. Karibu Kunduchi

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Staff second to none, nothing is too much trouble. Excellent breakfast, well served and nothing left out. Rooms wonderful, relaxing and immaculate. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Tanzania. Evenings in the lounge and bar are relaxing and friendly with close attention from the barman from behind the bar (who remembers your favourite drink) and snacks fresh from the kitchen - just like a country house. Pots of tea whenever you want during the day. Can't recommend it enough for the discerning traveller who has a business trip but requires attention to detail and service to match - this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: If you have specific requirements, discuss with staff and they will assist...

Thank you Thiaart, u made my business trip.....a pleasure, me an d the the mates from Capco will be joining you for another business stay in Dar.

Eric
Capco Australia

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I started myleave at Kunduchi which I really enjoy -Perfect seaview for myroom- Staff they are much friendly-Enjoy the walk on the beach- peaceful no beachboys to disturb me..I love the water park next time I won't leave myson behind(home)TO THE MANAGEMENT I SAY KEEP IT UP THEY ARE DOING A GREAT JOB! myson

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Joy

Many thanks for taking time to write a review on Kunduchi Beach Hotel and Resort. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is key for us. We have introduced some finer touches to ensure that we will exceed expectations.

We trust that you will visit us again in the near future. Karibu Kunduchi

Crawley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The good
Location is nice with a long private beach. You are however not allowed to stray any further for safety reasons. In general the staff are friendly, service is however often very slow.
Our room was clean and had a nice view.

You can also make an excursion to a nearby uninhabited island. We had a fantastic day there, try the bbq lobster.

The bad
The food was hit and miss. We were on half board and got a very limited choice of dishes. We opted to pay extra to eat from the normal menu instead. The breakfast was extremely poor.

The hotel looks like it had seen better days and some investment is badly needed. The pool is also quite small and they had a shortage of towels when we visited.

We also walked over to the waterpark which was bigger than I expected but also in need of maintenance.

Would I come back? Only if they made some improvements and spent some money on maintenance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Riaan T, General Manager at Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking time in writing a review.

Kunduchi Beach Hotel and Resort values the feedback on our facility. The points mentioned are valid and we will use the guidelines given to improve our services. Major renovations and upgrading are part of our immediate plans. Our swimming pool we find is adequate with our Wet and Wild Water Park next door. All residents have free access to the Water Park. As you mentioned we also have a beautiful private beach.

We have introduced new menus. On job training for the service staff is also part of our daily routine. We are committed in providing our guests the service they deserve.

We would love to welcome you back to Kunduchi Beach Hotel and Resort in the near future. Please contact me directly with your next booking.

Riaan Thiart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Once again we were at the resort this time it was during Easter, the stay was superb filled with alot of fun for the kids starting from Easter egg hunt to acrobatics show by a local Tanzanian group. The service was perfect and the managers were always concerned about the guests which was quite impressing. My wife is 8 months pregnant so we requested for a ground floor room and we were gladly accommodated for. The staff were very polite and helpful. The food was very good as well especially the dinner that was on the beach however a little more lighting was needed. Rooms are nice and comfortable with a good sea view. Overall it's an excellent beach resort and I would certainly recommend to all to stay at the resort.

• Stayed March 2013
Riaan T, General Manager at Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Mr Alloo

Asante Sana for taking the time to write this positive review. We are grateful for your feedback during your stay with us and we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed all the food, services and hospitality Kunduchi Beach Hotel has to offer.

Guest satisfaction is priority number one at Kunduchi and we are constantly striving to deliver quality services that matches this beautiful property.

Karibu Kunduchi Beach Hotel
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at Kunduchi Beach Hotel and enjoyed the stay very much . The management very .
professional and eversince our arrival we were treated like royalty and welcomed with open arms
The hotel in whole has improved a lot since our last stay and one can see a positive and happier staff . Not sure who is responsible for the changes and improvement , but well worth mentioning in this review . WELL DONE KEEP IT UP

Room Tip: all rooms with view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We are pleased that you have noticed the improvements.

We are a new Management Team and has spend a lot of time with training and developing of staff in order to raise the service standard.

Please make Kunduchi Beach Hotel your second home. Looking forward to your next visit.

Asante Sana (Thank You)
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had read a lot of the reviews of this property so I was not expecting much to be honest but I wanted something on the Dar Es Salaam coast and I had already been to the neighboring White Sands. I cannot believe how pleasantly surprised I was and I almost thought I was at a different place to the one I had read about. It does take a really long time to get there from the airport but this is due to the fact they are working on the road there so I am sure once that is finished it will be easier.

The location, one you are there, is wonderful with one of the best beaches I have seen of this coast. The resort itself was really spacious with the most wonderfully attentive staff. We were there over Easter and it was packed but the staff were completely in control. There was quite a few activities for the children which was good. I did learn that there was a new management team on board that had recently joined and already made a big difference and you could see them all the time working as a team which was good.

The rooms are not huge but they for a resort they are just what you would need as you spend most of the time outside. They do all have tv, tea/coffee making facilities and a separate toilet to bathroom.

The swimming pool is nice but it is too small for the size resort and gets VERY busy so that was a bit of a disappointment.

Next door is the Wet n Wild Water Park which was a good addition for the children but it is a bit tired and needs some TLC (and paint). If these were given a little overhaul it would be brilliant (as long as they keep the music down as the was deafening).

The food is buffet in the main restaurant but with a lot of choice and there is also al la carte which was very good.

I would certainly go back there.

I

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Riaan T, General Manager at Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Many thanks for the time taken to write the review.

Kunduchi Beach Resort has a new team who are ALL committed in creating a good guest experience. We have introduced new food and beverage menus. Staff training is part of our daily routine. Even our entertainment program has been changed. We have a lovely facility and the best beach in Dar Es Salaam.

We do realize that the drive from the airport can be frustrating. The new roads will eliminate most of the traffic issues. Your comment regarding the swimming pool is an interesting one. At Kunduchi Beach Hotel we also have the biggest waterpark in East Africa with various pools and slides. The venue is child friendly and a perfect location for a family vacation.

Asante Sana (Thank you )

Been to Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort? Share your experiences!