Our stay at the Kempinski in Dar was a very short one.... we arrived from Tanzania in the evening and caught the early BA flight back to London in the morning - it would have been nice to be able to spend some more time at this hotel..
The Taxi dropped us off, but sadly there was no porter to meet and greet us/assist with our luggage - not a great start. However, this was eventually taken care of. There was only 1 member of staff on reception as we checked in and she kept having to pause to answer the telephone.
The rooms are charming and clean and the beds and linen are really comfortable. The bathrooms are typical for a Kempinski in style and look through the bedroom - very well done, although storage for your personal toiletries and wash bags is rather limited. We stayed on the 3rd floor and there was minimal pressure for the shower.
We ventured up to the bar at the top of the hotel for some pre-dinner drinks - the service was good and you can have light snacks here as well, although the football was on the main television..I also noted that the WiFi does not appear to work throughout the hotel..
We tried the Oriental restaurant for dinner after craving sushi in Zanzibar - the restaurant was very busy (it was a Saturday) and on a whole the food was very good. The only issue was the waiter brought Pad Thai instead of a Pendang Curry, so I had to wait 15 minutes for the curry to arrive, by which time my wife had finished her main course and quite frankly it wasn't worth the wait - they brought a bowl of tough beef in a runny (not curry) sauce that was very disappointing and I didn't finish it. The restaurant also didn't offer a concession for this, despite it being their mistake.
We had a quick breakfast, but everything looked fine. Sadly, we didn't have an opportunity to use the other hotel facilities (spa/swimming pool, etc).
I would use this hotel again for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a synonym of exclusivity, luxury and service. With 180 modern elegant rooms and impressive exterior Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a landmark 5-star hotel in Dar es Salaam. Both business and leisure travellers can experience true European and African comfort at ease. The hotel is regarded as the best hotel in Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Dar Es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam