Located in downtown Dar es Salaam, there are a number of restaurants within walking distance. Airport pickup was excellent, nice vehicle and efficient. Check-in was quick and friendly.
My room had a nice view of the port area and was relatively quiet during the night.
The power points in the desk have every conceivable plug, so adaptors are unnecessary. Internet connectivity was reasonably good and included in the daily room rate. TV had a good choice of programming with around 30 channels being available.
Breakfast is expansive although the wait staff service quality was poor on both mornings although the breakfast area was not very busy.
I thought the daily hotel rate was high and didn't really offer good value for money.
Word of caution: Do not believe the bell boys’ estimate on travel time to locations around Dar es Salaam. On both occasions, they were off by a substantial amount (greater than 50%) - rather ask the taxi drivers who have a much better idea of driving times.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Dar Es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Hyatt Regency Dar Es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro Hotel
- Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a synonym of exclusivity, luxury and service. With 180 modern elegant rooms and impressive exterior Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a landmark 5-star hotel in Dar es Salaam. Both business and leisure travellers can experience true European and African comfort at ease. The hotel is regarded as the best hotel in Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.