We stayed here one night on our way to safari and then a night on our return. Pleased that we chose to stay an extra night on the way back and get a full day in Dar before our late evening flight home.
The room, bathroom, service from all the staff all good. Buffet breakfast choice and quality excellent. On the way out to safari we left really early and the hotel laid on a good early choice of juices, coffee, pastries. Just what we needed.
We used a taxi from the hotel to visit several places in Dar and the service was good and the price very reasonable.
On the way back we were used to getting up at 5 am for safari so did the same at the Kilimanjaro and walked the 200 yards down to the fishmarket before 6am - a great experience of real Dar and very friendly people.
Dar itself we loved. Our chief stewardess on Swiss had said it is a lovely city as they get so few tourists they think you must be an ex-pat. We loved the people, the interesting sights and the cleanliness,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a synonym of exclusivity, luxury and service. With 180 modern elegant rooms and impressive exterior Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a landmark 5-star hotel in Dar es Salaam. Both business and leisure travellers can experience true European and African comfort at ease. The hotel is regarded as the best hotel in Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Dar Es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam