“Delicious thai food, fast service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Kani

Thai Kani
86 Tha Compound, Off Kahama Rd | Msasani Peninsula, Dar es Salaam 23425, Tanzania
+255 757 165 514
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 175 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Thai Kani is the best kept secret in Dar es salaam,A Thai/ Japanese fusion restaurant,it serves the best Sushi/Sashimi this side of Tokyo, and and the most authentic Thai outside of Bangkok ! Order up the best Sushi/Sashimi in Dar and delight in our signature rolls, Octopus,Crabs,Lobsters and Curries. Come and experience the warmth of our welcome and food sensations second to none ! We are located off Kahama Road, THA compound (turn left before Spice Rack lounge).
Bergen, Norway
“Delicious thai food, fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been at Thai Kani three times, and so far I have not been disappointed. The green curry is so far the best I've ever tried! Service is fast, and the waiters get the orders right, most of the time... Just to be sure, I make them repeat the order before they leave the table.
This place has become very popular very fast, so it's smart to make reservations for table in the weekends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“They are overwhelmed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have eaten here three times so far. The first time was fantastic! Food was delicious, although the water refused to bring me "hot" food I had asked for so I had to add chili afterwards. The second time I went for a plate of lovely noodles, but they got the order wrong. The third time was an utter disaster. We waited for 1 and a half hours and were not even offered an appetizer or anything. When the food arrived it was cold and the order was wrong. Again I was refused "hot" food. When you pay these prices you expect the food to be spot on! I guess they have been a victim of their own success and are not managing to keep up with the number of clients. I hope they can get back on track as Dar really needs a good thai!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Sushi and Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was hands down the best sushi I've ever tasted. The service was also fantastic! Five stars*****

• Visited September 2013
Dar es Salaam
“Thai Kani puts an "authentic Thai smile" on my face”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

After having lived in Thailand, the land of smile, made me smile due to the variety and great taste of its cuisine.
It is now difficult for me to find restaurants abroad which you leave with a smile on your face as you often get disappointed about the "not-so-authentic" Thai taste.

Having ordered several Thai dishes at Thai Kani, I am happy to say that I did not get disappointed. Typical Thai spices & herbs and most importantly typical Thai taste.
It is a welcoming and cozy restaurant inviting everybody to have a good time with drinks and as I said great Asian cuisine. I very much like the size of the place as it hosts just enough people to come with a group of friends but also sit together with your partner for a tasty and intimate dinner without being surrounded by crowds of people.

Having tasted authentic Thai food again after quite some time, I can happily say that I left Thai Kani with a smile and am looking forward to going back again.

Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Exquisite food and al fresco dining !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Exquisite Thai food coupled with delicious Japanese Sushi served at the cozy outdoor deck !! What more can one ask for ??

The menu consists of a variety of culinary delights to tickle your tastebuds for both Veg and Non Veg diners. The flavors have remarkable depths and the reputation it has earned over a short span is well deserved !

Would surely be frequenting !