“Great RAMEN!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 175 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
横浜
“Great RAMEN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love japanese nodle RAMEN.
Here is africa, but ashibe makes it real japnese taste.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Constantia, South Africa
“OUTSTANDING sushi - wish i lived in Dar !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

best sushi i have had on the continent. we had an incredible plate of super fresh whitefish sashimi last night (grouper); spicy tuna rolls were delicious, too. the slabs of tuna they serve up are beautiful (and yummy). highly recommend -- and will be back :)

wine menu could do with some improving but i found that to be the case at ALL restaurants in Tanzania; maybe stick to the sake instead ?

Visited October 2013
Seattle
“Authentic mouth-watering Japanese food by a passionate and talented chef from Japan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm Japanese and I'm a foodie, and I absolutely LOVE Ashibe's food. I recommend Ashibe to all my friends from the states and also bring my Tanzanian friends when I want them to taste the authentic Japanese flavors. Ashibe trained under a well-established Japanese chef in Tokyo and he serves the most intricate, beautiful, super-balanced and mouthwatering food.

He makes his own fresh ramen noodles. I have had a lot of ramen in Japan but I have to say Ashibe's is my favorite. I never thought I would find a flavor-bursting real bowl of ramen in Tanzania. Pork chashu melts in your mouth, the broth has the depth and fragrance you look for in ramen soup and the noodle is al dente and slurplicious.

You have to try ALL the appetizers on the menu. Each dish is like an art piece and delivers such pungent and refined flavors. My favorite is tuna tar tar served with roasted garlic and balsamic sauce. You will be licking your plate.

I don't know how many times I've ordered Nigiri sushi and Chirashi zushi and felt incredibly satisfied. You get the fresh seafood from the Indian Ocean and they go so well perfectly seasoned sushi rice.

With the local ingredients he finds locally, Ashibe creates such refined, authentic Japanese flavors and it illustrates his true talent, creativity, tenacity and commitment to Japanese cuisine.

You must go to Ashibe when you are in Dar. I promise you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“I love this little hideaway for Sushi in Dar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have tried 4 different sushi restaurants in Dar and this is definitely my favorite. I love going there for lunch. Their portions are nice, not like the scrawny servings in the other sushi restaurants in Dar. Their bento box lunches are really great. The sushi here always seems fresh and the California roll is great.

• Visited September 2013