Stayed here for a week in January on a business trip. Overall, this is a nice place, immaculately clean and spacious, for an excellent price. But service is slow and at times lacking in competence.
- rooms and ensuite bathroom are large and spotlessly clean
- in-house restaurant with very good prices and wide selection, with varied food choices.
- located in the heart of downtown
- rooms have many electrical outlets
- rooms have mini fridges
- breakfast is not bad: breads, cereals, fruits, eggs, sausages, baked beans, freshly made juices.
- free wifi
- staff is very friendly and warm. They organise sim cards, phone credits, taxis and are very eager to help with whatever you ask of them.
- there is a money exchange place right downstairs with excellent rates
- you can print at their business centre downstairs
- bed and pillows very comfortable
- poor lighting in room makes it impossible to do work at night. No lamps in rooms.
- staff is slow:
Your restaurant order will take no less than 45 mins to an hour GUARANTEED. Drink orders like tea or fresh juice- 20-30 minutes. Do not bother to order here if you are in a hurry.
If you have any kind of problem, though willing, staff is very slow to respond.
- do NOT rely on the wifi for ANYTHING. It's slow, sometimes non-existent, and if you have a problem after hours, there is no IT assistant to help you.
- windows are not double paned. You can hear any and everything on the noisy streets.
- desk and chair were uncomfortable for working
- the toilet had no extractor fan and there was a bad smell coming from the drain in the toilet
In summary, I would definitely stay here again if I came to just see the sights and was looking for a good clean place to stay. I would not stay here at all if I was travelling for business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 72 rooms Business Hotel complete with 4 conference halls in the heart of Dar es Salaam. We have a 24 hours restaurant, a Gym, Spa, Bar and Night Club. WiFi is free and available in all rooms and public areas and of course we offer impeccable services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and Despegar.com so you can book your Tiffany Diamond Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.