“Misha” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 190 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, European, Fusion, Continental
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tanzania's first and only revolving restaurant.
“Misha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Celebrated my first anniversary at akemi last weekend..absolutely an amazing restaurant with beautiful view..excellent environment..loved the food too!! Would love to go again x

Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hi there!
Many thanks for taking the time out to review Akemi. I am so pleased you had a great first anniversary and we appreciate the fact that you chose to celebrate it at our restaurant. I hope you'll be back again very soon.
Regards,

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“One of the best views in Dar Es Salaam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Akemi's location and its revolving floor, make it perhaps one of the restaurants with some of the most exotic and lovely views of Dar Es Salaam city and its port. Food is just about average. Service is quite efficient. Would have helped if the menu had been a bit more creative and inclusive of far eastern / asian preferences. Prices are a bit over the top. But all in all, a good place for a business meal and even a family meal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi there,
Many thanks for visiting and for taking the time to review Akemi.
I'm glad you enjoyed the service and our views. We have recently introduced a 'From The East' section in our menu to accommodate the diverse cultural population of Dar es Salaam. As far as our pricing we believe it is on par with any other premium restaurant in Tanzania. Our lunch buffet is 30,000 Tsh (appx USD$18), our A La Carte main courses range from 29,000 to 47,000 (Appx USD$18- 30).
Either way I'm glad that your overall experience with us was a positive one and hope to see you again soon.
Dar es Salaam
“Nice Place, Nice Food, Amazing View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was there with my best friend from Rotterdam/Cape Town. It was both our first time there and we liked it very much, the view was amazing and the lunch buffet was so nice and delicious. The staff was very friendly and still remembering the lady who was serving us with a charming face and smile called Mwasiti.

I will be returning there many times whenever I get time and of-course resources.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi and thank you so much for all your great comments about Akemi.
I will let Mwasisti know you were pleased with the good service she gave.
We hope you'll visit Akemi again during your next visit to Dar es salaam.

Oxford
“Terrific experience, decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Visited in May with our local manager, who knows Priya, the owner. He promised spectacular views, and he was dead right! The revolving restaurant is a real winner, and the decor / ambience absolutely first-rate. Cool cocktails and a good range of beers (I always drink the local ones). The food was slightly disappointing given the scale and excellence of everything else, but was perfectly decent - I was expecting culinary fireworks! Still a place I'd thoroughly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi David,
Thank you very much for visiting and taking the time to review us. We are working incredibly hard towards creating an all round spectacular dining experience. We have recently brought in an excited and dedicated team of chefs and I am convinced they will deliver to the full promise of Akemi.
We look forward to your next visit.
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Akemi has the potential to be amazing but it just fails miserably. I will start with the menu- total and utter joke. The chef(s) is terrible. After waiting for almost an hour, the food delivered was cold and terrible. The manager is very friendly, so are the staff...and thats the only reason I gave it a 2. The cocktails menu is decent however dissapointed they couldn't make half of them due to not having mint or cranberry juice( like 5 separate occasions). The lunch buffet is awful, very few choices and very terrible. It is conviniently located and has good potential, it must make you wonder why its not as popular.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Akemi. I am sorry that your experience with us was not so positive. I would like to follow up with you directly as I am convinced that we offer a better experience than your comments suggest. Please email me at info@akemidining.com.