“Very good experience with Waterbuck” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Activities in Dar es Salaam
More attraction details
Owner description: Dar es Salaam is the commercial capital of the country; it wields immense political and economical power. The atmosphere is pleasant in the city with picturesque Harbour, exotic beaches, and historical buildings such as state house, Ocean Road hospital and churches, as well as the most famous sculpture of Askari Monument. It is the city renowned for its lively nightlife.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Very good experience with Waterbuck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We booked a last minute trip late March (beginning of the rainy season) and went to Mikumi national park for the weekend. We had a great experience, our guide was very knowledgeable about the area, also connected with the other guides so he was able to take us to see a lot of animals. We saw lions on both days, which is pretty lucky for both days, i would partly attribute that to our guide knowing the area very well. We encountered some delays on the way back given the rainy season but our guide was patient and resourceful to get us back in town safely. Overall very good experience, would recommend their service for Mikumi or other national parks in Tanzania in general.

• Turkish first
Macon, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Waterbuck Safaris = Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently took a group of 22 on a 9 day trip to Dar es Salaam. Our goal for the trip was to learn about the culture of Dar es Salaam, visit a local school and interact with the students, visit a hospital and have a brief safari. Waterbuck Safaris (Gulzar) help with the preplanning for the trip and handled the ground transportation, day tours and safari in Mikuma National Park. Upon arrival in Dar es Salaam we were greeted and transported to our hotel. It was a great welcoming experience. We had arranged for two coaster buses with A/C and English speaking guides throught our trip.

Our guide was J4. He is a real treasure. He has a wealth of local knowledge, speaks excellent English is an outstanding safari guide. Since this was not my nor my wife's first safari (15th), I was very pleased with his wildlife knowledge. He really bonded with the students and group. His attention to details and preplanning for the next day makes everything run smoothly and enjoyable. When we decided at the last minute to change our plan for the day he was flexible and helped us to rework our schedule without missing a beat. He did a great job of taking care of us even retrieving a package for us that was left a our hotel after we had checked out and were already at the airport. I recommend that you ask for him as your quide.

Gulzar was extreemly helpful in helping us plan for an extended trip for me and my wife to Lake Manyara, Ngogogoro Crater and Mt. Kilimanjaro. The accomodation were excellent and it was quite a trip. As seasoned travelers this was a great highlight for us. It will greatly help us in planning for our next trip.

Thank you Gulzar for excellent service!!

Waterbuck equals Great Service!!!!

Toronto, Canada
“Waterbuck Safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My sister and I travelled to Tanzania and did the safaris at Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro, followed by four nights in Zanzibar and two nights in Dar. Gulzar and Nurez put together the trip for us and I cannot say enough about the planning. The trip went without a glitch and we had an absolutely wonderful time. Our driver/guide, Hamisi, looked after us well during the safaris - thank you Hamisi. They also took the time to meet with us at their offices to make sure we were satisfied. I would definitely recommend this tour company to family and friends (and others). Thank you Gulzar and Nurez.

Amsterdam
“Best tour operator in Tanzania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Waterbuck Safaris organized our entire vacation in Tanzania in Feb/March of 2014. They are not just organizing day tours! We spent time in Dar, the Selous and Zanzibar. Gulzar (of Waterbuck Safaris) organized all hotels, lodges, tours and travel in between. Everything worked out perfectly and they checked on us regularly. We were travelling with a small child (3 yrs) and therefore had some special requests that were all met instantaneously. All the people that Waterbuck arranged to assist us (drivers/guides and the like) proved trustworthy, knowledgeable, helpful and fun. I cannot recommend them enough.

Visited February 2014
arizona
“Mikumi Safari With Waterbuck”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We just took this safari with Waterbucks.. First of all let me tell you about the people who owns the business. They are superb people and are very understanding about your needs. They would plan your trip well.
The drawback is that their cars are very old and not air conditioned. You have to keep the windows open and breath the polluted smog and exaust from all the cars and trucks and buses. It was a horroble experience to travel on these road. I actually got very sick the night we came back to DAR with sevear headaches.
So I would advise any one to see if you can get a A/C car. Secondly fly to the park if you can. I would use Waterbucks again if needed.

Visited February 2014