“Henrie12” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Coral Beach Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Coral Beach Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Coral Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coral Lane - Masaki | Msasani Peninsula - P.O.Box 2585, Dar es Salaam 2585, Tanzania   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Henrie12”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed 3 months in the hotel after regular weeklong stays between 2011 and 2012. It is definetely the place for a long stay...it became my home away from home.Homely atmosphere, very warm and supportive staff; nice swimming pool; great gardens by the water; feels very secure.
The hotel would do well to improve on its menu; and particularly the breakfast menu - to include more food varieties . Otherwise, my stay was great and if I had to do it again, I would still stay at this hotel on long stay.

Room Tip: Request for rooms facing the water; and if possible, the ones with a balcony, though the latter are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Sir,
it was indeed a pleasure having had you here for the long stay. As you know, we are upgrading our restaurant and the breakfast setup. Be assured when you return that our layout and offerings will be of the top quality you would expect from us. I look forward welcoming you back soon.
Thank you and kind regards.
Hans J Heuer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is very nice located on the peninsula.
The sunset from the garden and garden restaurant is great.
There is no real swimming beach.
The pool is very small.
The breakfast is too poor for the hotel grade.
The stuss is very freindly.
The rooms are nice furnitured, clean and nice garden/sea view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
thank you for your valuable feedback. As you may have read on the notices swde placed in the Restaurant, we are in the process of upgrading our Restaurant and as part of this excercise, our new Breakfast layout and offerings will be implemented. I am sure when you return you will fully enjoy our Breakfast and the choices we provide. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward welcoming you back.
Kind regards
Arusha, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It will be unfair to the staff and management of Best western Coral beach hotel in Dar, if I will not express my opinion that i found them very supportive and most friendliest hotel staff i ever met.
The place itself is very tranquil and conducive! This is the place to be whenever you are in Dar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir or Madam,
we thank you for your valuable response and are looking forward welcoming you back at our Hotel in Dar es Salaam.
Kind regards
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Arrived early in the morning to have our rooms ready and perfectly presently is always a plus after an 18 hour flight!, staff were welcoming and catered to our every single need.

The new head chef has really upped the stakes in menu creation and to have a hotel so customer focused and staff smiling at you and willing to approach to see how they can help with anything is a breath of fresh air. The fact that we did not notice the staff until we needed them gave a great presence of mind that we could be left in peace until we needed a reaction and when we did they reacted without out us mentioning anything or hesitation.

Great for a business trip but will be bringing my better half over next time i come as this place is to beautiful not to share with a loved one, to create new memories and really enhance our passion for travel!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are amazing here but to spend that little extra on an upgrade definitely worth ever...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

As a businessman, I travel and stay at some of the worlds greatest places. I don't usually write reviews but felt it would be unfair of me not to write one up for Coral Beach. The view, the service, it has been a great place to stay. I will certainly add this to my preferred place to stay when I come through Dar again! Well done to the Management and Team at Best Western Corral Beach. This is a stay I will not forget.

• Stayed November 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you can get rooms here -- my November room was $150 for bed & breakfast -- the Coral Beach offers modern, comfortable rooms with good A-C and wireless connectivity. The breakfasts are not bad; the other meals &, especially, room service are no great shakes.

The menus are quite short. Not a hotel for long stays.

Among the peninsula hotels, this is probably the best value for money.

Room Tip: If time permits, ask to see the rooms. Ask for a room with a view over the water.
Bloomington, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was in Dar for 8 days and this was a great hotel to come back to each evening. I had dinner on the patio overlooking the ocean and sat back and had a great meal, with friendly service. Every meal I had, (I tried just about everything on the menu) was delicious. My room overlooking the ocean was spectacular. They have a nice workout room with eliptical machines, treadmills, and free weights too. The beach is next door and you can't really get to it except when it is low tide. The staff there was probably the friendliness most professional of any hotel I have been to in the world. Certainly better than a Marriott. They arranged for taxis to take me into the city each day and bring me home. Very simple, and after the hectic pace of the city it was really nice to get away. I'm glad I stayed at Coral Beach rather than in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Coral Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!