My colleague and I have recently spent a few days at the Southern Sun in Dar. Whilst this was our first time at this particular hotel, it was our 4th time in Dar. Normally we book our hotels on the basis of their location and star rating. I have no problem paying for 5 star accommodation, but when doing so I expect 5 star service. So, having previously paid for the only (so called) 5 star accommodation on offer in the area, and having left that accommodation somewhat disappointed, we decided to book into the Southern Sun (our choice being based on the location of the hotel).
You need helpful people when you're abroad. Rarely do you meet them. We were made to forget this fact during our stay at the Southern Sun. From the porters to the general manager we were met only with a genuine friendliness and willingness, not only to accommodate us in the hotel, but ensure that our stay in Dar was the best it possibly could be!
The Southern Sun is, now, definitely our home from home in Dar es Salaam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Sun Dar-Es-Salaam offers the best of all worlds with excellent facilities and within walking distance of the city centre. It is situated in a quiet part of town, close to the sea, next door to the Botanical Gardens and numerous diplomatic missions. The Hotel was recently awarded Silver status by the Heritage Environmental rating program in recognition of our commitment to reducing the Hotels environmental impact. A free Wi-Fi service is offered throughout the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Southern Sun Dar es Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam