“Christmas comes Early @ 56!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 190 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Description: Full Desi Food/Snacks. Bright, Cheerful ambience. Tasty and Healthful mix of traditional and new-age Desi food, prepared with the freshest and best ingredients from India. 100% Veg. Eat Happy!
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Christmas comes Early @ 56!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I started my culinary adventure one fine Sunday afternoon, convinced by a vegetarian friend that Chapan Bhog would not disappoint. And it didn't. I was blown away! Everything was delicious! I ended up on a relentless mission to try everything I could fit in my mouth. Dai poori, sev poori, bhel poori! Idlee sambar. I hope I'm spelling these right. And of course the POW baji! It was only made better by the servers information that I could get it with cheese! Spicy paneer! The list goes on. I've been back a couple times a week since - the food is so inexpensive they basically give it to you. My adventure continues- and that vegetarian friend is now a best friend!

London, Canada
“Best of all types of Indian cuisines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Chapan Bhog is the perfect place to enjoy dishes from all parts of India! You can also see chefs prepare the items right in front of you if you go at dinner time. Friendly servers too :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Great vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I ate at Chapan Bhog last night and it was amazing. I'm surprised I haven't been there before. I don't remember the names of all the dishes but I plan on going back to learn them all.

• Visited September 2013
Dar es Salam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“"The complete Desi Cafe"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am a Sunday regular at this Desi joint. It has elements of a complete Indian cafe and I can easily relate to the streets of Mumbai, the dhabbas of Punjab, the Mithai counters of Bengal, the walk-in walk-out restaurants of Chennai, and the rekdi's of China town Kolkata .

Pau-bhaji is made on a counter outside the cafe, it takes me back to my Mithibai college (Mumbai) days. Vada Pav (The bombay burger) is served just as it is in Mumbai with the green and imli chutneys. The idli seems very fresh and soft and the sambar is a classic. the raso-gulla tastes very bengali as the sugar syrup mix is just right. Indo-chinese fusion dishes are also made on a counter-stove outside the cafe, its quite a sight, the chef is an expert at making the dishes without any measurements and it takes no longer than 5 minutes for him to prepare any dish. He swirls and tosses the food around like an artist would do with his painting - chat-phat khanna.

The sitting arrangements remind one of Dhabbas in punjab with benches within the restaurant and by night you have outdoor arrangements with plastic chairs and tables

The best part about Chapan Bhog is that it gives you value for money. An average meal with a bevearge would cost you Tshs 10000 per head (US $ 6).

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, Especially if you want to Taste India!!!

“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very tasteful vegetarian food served by attentive waiters in an welcoming atmosphere. We will most certainly be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food