“Good generally” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Ridge Spur

Coral Ridge Spur
Shop No. 1 Sea Cliff Village Toure Drive | Msasani Peninsula, Dar es Salaam 3030, Tanzania
764 700 657
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 163 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Dessert, Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Spur serves its famous flame-grilling burgers and steaks, fresh salads and decadent desserts to families from all over the world. As a distinctly family-orientated brand, we offer an environment where the whole “tribe” can come relax and enjoy themselves. This is the way it has always been at Spur and the reason why we have found a special place in the hearts of our customers over several generations!
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Good generally”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is one of the few places I can take my family and not worry about flies as my youngest child is a slow eater. The service is prompt amd friendly, the food is of good quality and always tasty. It is annoying that sometimes when I do take aways I get what I did not order.

Visited October 2012

kabul
“Spur Coral ridge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Used to visit Spur a lot during a 1 year stint in Namibia, we literally lived in the place and had fond memories of great ambience and some good food
Decided to revisit while in Dar, and went to the Coral ridge.
Food was decidedly average, prawn starter,, chewy rubber perhaps the worst prawns i have ever had while next to the coast period, Steak and prawns main course, the steak seemed like a decent fillet, a little on the blue side for medium rare. overall, tasteless.
And as mentioned here, the onion rings left a lot to be desired. Very uninspiring.

Dessert was great, but HUGE, couldnt finish it, best part of the meal
Probably a good place for the kids or a large group, ambience is nice, and place is busy enough. Fast service, but at least 3 hints about leaving a tip, 2 of them before i even had the bill. All in all a little disappointed. Wont be going back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Consistently good and great for the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When I'm in need of a good feed and fun dining experience I go to Coral Ridge Spur. i'm from the UK so I love the western menu... It is consistently good food and you can bring your kids there as there's a staffed play area. We found that if you feed your young children beforehand, then release them into the play area, you can have an uninterrupted dining experience... Perfect! I've worked my way through the menu and my favorites are the hot-rock fillet and the ribs. A great birthday venue. The staff are great, they are kind and courteous (we always get a bag of bones for our dogs). I wasn't impressed with their prawns, but they are a steak-house after all. if you want sea-food go upstairs to Fishmonger. Great desserts, WiFi for a working lunch and separate smoking area. A safe bet for ex-pats and tourists, I love it!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere, bland but very pricey food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Went the a couple of days ago for my girlfriend's bday dinner..great atmosphere to have such a meal..but the food is uninspiring to say the least..with such high prices i expected to be blown away but alas..special mention to the onions ring by far the worst i ve tasted..that said the staff is helpful and attentive..management needs to take a look into their food quality and presentation

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
dar es salaam
“great SA foods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

any time favourate for any meal time, trained staff, service on time, freash and tasty foods , and really distingushed taste.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lokesh M, Manager at Coral Ridge Spur, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for visiting Coral Ridge Spur in Dar es Salaam.

Regards to the review in TripAdvisor, We highly appreciated for valuable time you took to wrote positive comments for us.
i believe this comment will help me to motivate and encourage my staff,

Best Regards