“Excellent Grill” 4 of 5 stars

255-784-243735
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 163 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Local BBQ & Chinese Fusion Locally Owned and Full Family Operated Business. Relatively New* Come Check it out and ask for our Fav. Specials.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Excellent Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The meat is great with an excellent selection and you never find yourself regretting the wait. The Salad however is none existent and all but one option. Not good as are the chips but the Grill compensates for it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington
“delicious food - You got wait for what is good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Absolutely love it!!! Mamboz food's great! tons of people!!! big portions and low prices, extremely reasonable (at least for American/European/Italian standards....) even for locals affordable!!!

We were highly recommended by our friends from Denmark, Switzerland. My friends told me to make atleast one stop @Mamboz, ours became everyday stop whilst in the city. Recommended this place to my 'peeps' because it’s been consistently delicious. The servers & owners are very friendly and the restaurant is energetic in good way. We were warned that it might take long to get our food because of how busy they were & yes, was absolutely packed, the wait was worth it. BBQ was a really nice surprise--Smokey and flavorful. No matter what you decide to choose, there will be no regrets. We were a group of 7 & almost tried everything -- there are a variety of appetizers, side orders and entrees -- variation of flavored chicken & wings.

Mamboz is very popular not only with tourists but with locals and you certainly get value for money, no complains for petty things, if our order is late or mistake in fries, no big deal, it happens even when you pay $75bucks for a plate. Yo Mamboz keep it up, will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Food and Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

If you're hungry and are looking for great food in Dar, Mamboz is the place to be at!

Excellent food and amazing service.

Wishing them all the best!

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“A must visit for Food lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I do have to say first off I'm not from Dar, so I did try eating at several BBQ restaurants here... but MAMBOZ’s food is something out of this world.

I recommend the Gajar Chicken, Chicken Pili Pili and Snapper Pili Pili, they are really good... My friends had BBQ Prawns and they said it was awesome.

The prices are affordable and service was great. I was impressed by the interaction of the owner with customers and this made me feel like coming again and again

Woodside
“100% agree with HusaynKara's comments: can't stand the heat, get take out!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had so many recommendations from friends & relatives to visit MAMBOZ, I had planned my trip last summer with family. We had an awesome experience at MAMBOZ... the food was delicious and the price you cant go wrong at all...the service was good, as the place was packed and we knew so we wanted to catch this moment of busy time.
One of the owner, Shan came to our table and greeted us -- he was courteous & friendly that we felt so comfortable talking to him just like an American friend, yes, rare you see owner comes to the table -- in our conversation we found he was from New York... I would not hesitate to recommend this awesome restaurant MAMBOZ to anyone & we had the best experience.
MAMBOZ keep it up as my family says the QUALITY is same as ever....WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK TO THE MANAGEMENT & you will find some retards-losers crying for fries... Shan, loved your honesty that you said go ahead and write on tripadvisor.

• Visited July 2012