“A Good Choice in Dar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Slipway Road Msasani Peninsular, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A Good Choice in Dar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The rooms are lovely. Beds are comfortable with great pillows! Bathroom and towels are clean and shower is good. It is located close to the airport and on the seafront. Internet access is free which is fantastic. The buffet meal was good - I never tried the other menu options as I was only there for one night. If you have the choice, do not take a room on the 6th floor. It’s basically a lower ground level area and is damp with no view. It’s also quite noisy as staff members walk up and down a ramp to the terrace.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on floor 6. Any room that starts with 6: example 619.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Judd L, Regional Director: Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Dyan
Thank You for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton, Dar es Salaam. the sleep experience is wonderful as mentioned and echoed by many other guests.
we are working on a solution to the rooms starting with 6..... and modifications and new initiatives to make these rooms as good as the others is well underway. we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very nice with friendly staff. The fastest check-in and check out I have had. The location is safe and fairly accessible. The hotel pier is a great place to relax with the view of the sea. The rooms are clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Christine
Thank You for your valuable comments. The Team appreciates your positive comments as we all see the results of the efforts made to maximise the guest experience. we warmly welcome you come back on your next visit to Dar es Salaam.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I enjoyed my 4 day stay at the Doubletree. Room was comfy. However, we could hear employees talk at night as we were on the ground floor. I was not impressed with the restaurant food: the menu is limited. The gym was ok but the trade mill needs to be replaced. Location is in safe neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a post with Trip Advisor. Its always nice to receive such comments.

I'm delighted that you had a good stay with us whist you were visiting Dar es Salaam, and so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. I shall certainly take action over the unnecessary noise, and I am happy to inform you that we do have a complete new set of Gym equipment ordered and we are just awaiting its arrival.

I do hope to be able to welcome you again to the Double Tree on your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

this is one of the worse experience had in traveling all over the world , leave it !!! they do not know how to issue a bill and ask to pay more because of mistakes in calculating the extra, I had to wait 1,5 hour and then I decided to leave , they still owe me money because a mistake in the booking I was charged higher price in the room rate , they did not come to pick me up at the airport as arranged . they are very slow and careless , if you order a drink it takes 30 minutes to come......not worth !!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Pier Paolo Boccardi:

Once again please allow me to apologise for the difficulties you experienced on departure and for the missed pick up at the airport. Both of these incidents as I have explained during our previous written correspondence were in no way the standard you should have expected and indeed the standard we strive for.

I am addressing this situation and will ensure that this type of incident does not occur again.

As I have expressed to you earlier, I sincerely hope that you will return to our Hotel so that we can show you that we can preform to both your and our own expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 4 solid days and every day the service and comfortability was increasing! I really planning again to visit the hotel and make a stay with my family soon! The location is good as the place where the hotel is, there is a lot of safety! The views to the sea is really nice that it makes your mind so relaxed! When comes to service provision everything so nice, food, breakfast and soft drink with affordable price!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a post with Trip Advisor. Its always nice to receive such positive comments.

I'm so delighted that you had such a lovely stay with us whist you were visiting Dar es Salaam, and so pleased that you enjoyed our hotels atmosphere, and the helpfulness and friendliness of our Team. I shall pass on your comments to all.

I do hope to be able to welcome you and your family again to the Double Tree on your next visit.

Milwaukee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel staff made my stay more like a homecoming than a business trip. Enjoyed 5-star service at a 3-star rate. Rooms were spacious and amenities were top-notch. Service went above and beyond my expectations.

Dear Guest,

I'm delighted that you had such a great stay with us whist you were visiting Dar es Salaam, and so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, and the helpfulness and friendliness of our Team. I shall pass on your comments to all.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at the Double Tree in Dar es Salaam for 2 weeks on a business trip and we had the most fantastic time. The hotel staff were very helpful and always went out of their way to satisfy any request. Special mention must be made to Sebastian at concierge, Ramadhan also at concierge and Frank in the coffee shop. These individuals always exceeded our expectations, not only with the friendliness and genuine interest in ensuring our stay was pleasant but assisting us in all matters of our stay, including wrapping our handicrafts and boxing them for us - all complimentary. The food in the restaurant is also excellent and servings huge! It's a shame it is not always full or busy. The terrace is a real asset to the Double Tree. I particularly enjoyed smoking sheesha in the evening, over looking the lagoon and enjoying the sea breeze from the Indian ocean. Sheesha is excellent there and reasonably priced and a real delight were the excellent pizzas that were served! I used the gym on a number of occasions. It is very basic and could do with some updated equipment. I always felt a bit uncomfortable using the treadmill. But otherwise, there was a bit of equipment to satisfy everyone's exercise needs. The rooms were also excellent and spacious. The bathroom was also of good standard. You noticed an obvious deviation of Hilton standards as most of the bathroom products seem to be Chinese branded rather than traditional German Groehe or American Standard, but this was minor and the products all worked well. Room maintenace was excellent and the cleaning staff friendly and thoughtful. Rooms and bathrooms would be cleaned in the mornings and another attendant would arrive in the evening for a tidy up and prepare the rooms for bed time. This I thought was very thoughtful. The location at Oyster Bay is also enviable. Right in the heart of the Bay and next to the Slipway, it means that supermarkets, craft fairs, a range of restaurants and bars and ATMs are within walking distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would certainly stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RoderickPeck, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I'm delighted to hear that you so enjoyed your stay us and I shall pass on your thanks to those you have mentioned by name. We really do aim to be able to make all our guests feel welcome and your Home from Home comment is much appreciated.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the Double Tree on your next visit to Dar es Salaam.

Roderick Peck

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay? Share your experiences!