“Delightful Night Out - Something Different” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 175 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lusaka, Zambia
“Delightful Night Out - Something Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Used to live in Ethiopia and haven't eaten Ethiopian for a while. Loved it. Food was authentic, flavoursome and delicious. My friend cleaned up and thoroughly enjoyed it. Service was great. Obviously some people will be out of their comfort zone eating with hands and tasting the assortment of dishes. Give it a go for something different. A good night out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Klagenfurt, Austria
“Cutlery?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Amazing tasty food and fun to eat. No cutlery required. Really great. Goat and all the tasty staff you never tried. I spot not to miss in Dar.

Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good authentic Ethiopian food and wonderful evening atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went with a large group to dinner while in Dar. We were seated right away on this lovely rooftop restaurant. As usual, you want to take a taxi there and preferably have your taxi come back to pick you up but there are taxi drivers outside the restaurant. Food was tasty. Service was only OK. Not much cheerfulness but mostly efficient other than one of the dishes being delivered to the wrong table (we had 2 tables) and dumped uncermoniously onto the pancake of the other table without confirmation of proper delivery. Otherwise, we enjoyed the food, atmosphere and setting. I recommend it.

Visited July 2013
London, Canada
“Good food, didn't feel well after”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Delicious food and good service, but me and a few other people weren't feeling great after. No one was physically ill, but just feeling a little off!

Visited September 2012
Toronto
“the food and ambiance were amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love Ethiopian food, so Addis in Dar didn't have to work too hard to win me over. And the food was delicious!! The set up was gorgeous as well and the coffee at the end was great.

I also have to compliment the guys working at the gate as they made sure I was safely in a fairly priced bajaji before letting us leave. Please don't walk down that road in the dark.

What can be improved? 1) Offer a mixed plate for guests with smaller appetites. I was there with my young daughter and we wanted to try a few things, but had to order a plate for two or else only get 1 dish. Not cool. 2) Once we were done eating I had to wait FOREVER to get someone to actually come over and take my order for coffee. Once I finally got my coffee my daughter suggested we just leave without paying as we waited another 30 minutes to get the bill. Frustrating.

• Visited June 2013