“Tanger Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 29 Activities in Tangier
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear Valued Client! I am Abdel-hamid Idrissi, and I work as a private guide in Morocco. The kingdom of Morocco is my motherland, and that's why it is such a pleasure for me to share my culture and history with the Visitors, help them feel the special atmosphere of Morocco and its unique flavor. I have been living in Tangier for more than 25 years now, and that's why this city is my specialty now. Enjoy the personal attention of a family owned and operated Tangier Private Tour Services! There are so many guides online that can sell you tours. I am among the most popular of tour guides experts in Morocco. I open the doors for you to experience and enjoy in comfort the awesome and often mysterious places of Morocco. All or parts of your experiences can be your treasured memories. I accommodate couples to small groups and strive to guide and provide for your every dream or whim while you have a carefree and safe adventure in Wonderful Kingdom called Morocco. I organize different private tours in Tangier. I used to be the President of the tour Guides Association in Morocco for three years. Besides that I am a member of A.A.G.T.T. At first I offered my service mainly to my friends and the members of the family, but soon I progressed significantly and now I am a high level tour guide for the travelers and tourists from all over the world. I have a special document which certificates my knowledge in the tourism field and right to work as a guide. It is worth noting that I speak four languages. They are English, Arabic, French and Spanish. It would be my pleasure to help any person learn more about the culture and history of my beloved country. I am eager to be the one to show you all the wonders and beauties of Morocco! I would like to share my knowledge and experience with each and every of my clients. You should note that I have a personal approach towards each tourist. It means that we can discuss the itinerary and make some alternations there to accommodate your preferences. Let me take you on the experience of a lifetime, I CREATE EXPERIENCE!
Ontario, Canada
“Tanger Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent two days with Abdel Hamid while touring very specific places in Tanger. As my husband was born in Tanger and left as a small boy we planned the trip around going back to see places he'd lived, gone to school the cemetary where his grandparents were buried etc .. Abdel was wonderful he not only made sure we saw and found all the places on our list - he also arranged for us to see and talk to people who knew the history of the places (especially those that no longer exist in Tanger) - much had changed in the last 40+ years and the experience was incredible and somewhat overwhelming at times .. no matter our pace or request Abdel was more than willing to do all we came to do ... trip of a life time especially for my husband - Abdel made this a wonderful experience and as specialized as we requested

Visited September 2012

Birmingham, England
58 attraction reviews
“Another Great City in Morocco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Around 5 hours there and back from Rabat, You must visit the Hafa Cafe over looking the sea between Morocco and Spain, you can quite clearly see Gibraltar, The Hafa Cafe was thr Moroccan Resistance meetng place in their fight against the Spanish, it was established in 1921

Visited October 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“Trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We spent two days with Idrissi and we could not have asked for a better experience. On the first night we were shown around the Medina of Tangier and had a wonderful dinner. The medina is something that needs to be experienced. It stands out as one of the most exotic and exciting places I have ever visited. Everyone seems to know Idrissi and he knows the best spots including the best local fare. We were never encouraged to buy anything (in fact we did not). The second day Idrissi drove us up into the Rif Mountains to visit Chefchaoen. The beautiful blue city was breathtaking. We always felt very safe with Idrissi, he was super nice, and knows a great deal about the area. He even made sure we caught our ferry back to Spain. We could not ask for a better trip and will be back one day.

Visited July 2012
TangierTours, Owner at Tangier Tours - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Julie, thank you for your your Visit and for you kind positive review about my private guided tours I offered you and your boyfriend in Tangier and Chefchaouen. again, thank you, looking forward to work with you now and for years to come!!

warm regards, Abdelhamid (Charif Idrissi)
Lampertheim, Alsace, France
“Tangier tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was in Tangier for one daytrip and i hired my guide his name is Simo,he met us in the port and he took us in a van for the one day trip. we experienced memorable time in Tangier because of the proffesionalism of our guide Simo.
he was very helpful, informative, and well organised. he gave us the best experience in North Africa.
if you want to contact him, his email is mo_ben_@hotmail.com, phone number +212 661225820
you will have value of your money

Visited August 2012
Atlanta
33 attraction reviews
“Fun!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked this day trip from Marbella to Tangiers with Viator Tours (with Julia Travels as the tour group.) I was hesitant to book this, but we had a wonderful time. You DO have to know what to expect, though.

The PROS: You are picked up and dropped off at your hotel (or a central location in the city where you are staying) so you do not have to worry about where you are going, getting lost, where to park, etc. The bus is comfortable and air conditioned. Customs, passport check, etc., are all taken care of for you. You are with a group and "protected" from some of the corruption some people have faced when traveling solo. Our tour guide in Tangier, Hassan, was extremely knowledgeable and his English was very good. (Perhaps the tour guides are hit and miss, but ours provided a good historical and cultural overview.) We saw a lot of different areas of Tangier and also the caves, the snake charmer and the camels. Lunch was good as well. Everything was included in the cost of about $100 (US) per person--the only extra money we needed was for drinks at lunch, tips and souvenirs. (If you want to take a picture of the snake charmer, they ask for a tip and it is 1 euro if you want to ride a camel.) The other people on our tour were lovely and a lot of fun as well.

CONS: It is a long day and a lot of it is transportation. This is a touristy trip and not a deep cultural experience. It DOES include a rug demonstration (sales pitch) and the spice market (another sales pitch). The street vendors do harass you a bit, but I think that would be with any guide or if you were on your own.

I would think a city like Tangier would be very overwhelming to try to conquer on your own for a day trip, so it would be better to have some type of guided tour--whether you book a private tour, a group tour, or just hire a guide when you arrive. If you are going to day trip from any location other than Tarifa, then there will be some transportation time that must be factored into your trip, in addition to the ferry ride itself.

We were expecting the "cattle call" type of experience and were pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had. And it was very nice to have someone else in charge of the driving and the details. Just a few tips: If you show even polite interest at the rug place or the spice market, you will be aggressively pursued to make a purchase. The street vendors will aggressively pursue you no matter what. Men will hang around and act as a secondary tour guide, then demand a tip at the end. It's up to you whether or not you want to give them anything, but they aren't really guides. Even though they are aggressive in their sales pitches, they are not threatening in any way at all.

If you are in Southern Spain--it is just a quick ferry ride over to another continent and such an exotic experience. There are many options for tours--the Viator option was extremely inexpensive and convenient.

Visited May 2012