“Wonderful stay on the edge of the ocean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Baraka

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rabat
Dar Baraka
Save Saved
You added Dar Baraka to your Saves list
26 rue Jamaa | Kasbah des Oudaïas, Rabat, Morocco   |
Ranked #27 of 40 Rabat B&B and Inns
Rabat, Morocco
“Wonderful stay on the edge of the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Fantastic small hotel on a charming blue street in the Kasbah. Close enough to walk to the Medina and the downtown area, but far enough away to have some peace and quiet! Slept like babies with the sound of the ocean. The manager was incredibly helpful, and was nice enough to let us pay with our hodgepodge of USD, Euros, and Dirhams.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

If you are ever spending the night in Rabat and want to stay in a place that is cool, well located, quiet and comfortable, then Dar Baraka is your option.
The location is simple perfect, the house is amazing, comfortable but totally relaxed. Breakfast is served in a wonderful patio with a stunning view.

Congratulation to staff and owner!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

We stayed 2 nights at Baraka.
Arrived by car which proved a bit of a problem for parking initially, but once squeezed in the very limited space in the Kasbah, was OK.
My wife has limited mobility, so uses a wheelchair with me pushing. It proved very difficult in the Kasbah and meant she could only see it from the road. Also being on a hill and across a busy road from the Medina gave us a challenge in getting out and about ... but we did although I arrived back exhausted!
The house only has two rooms so is quiet and so is not for anyone looking to spend sociable time with many others.
The garden and terraces are lovely with fantastic floral aromas and great views over the estuary. The house has an Edwardian style elegance.
We weren’t overly impressed with Rabat, although to be fair 2 nights (1.5 days) doesn't give time for much exploration. I'm glad we stayed at Baraka though as I think it was probably the most picturesque location and I certainly enjoyed wandering the narrow blue and white alleyways of the Kasbah.
We had the larger double bedroom which was very roomy with a very comfortable bed and pillows!
Baraka is run as a house rather than a hotel. It doesn't offer the level of service you would get at a hotel (or Riads we stayed in), which isn't a criticism, just an observation. Hamsa, who runs the house, did cook a nice dinner for us. Breakfasts whilst not the best we had in Morocco were quite adequate.
A pleasant stay in a comfortable and picturesque setting. You pay a premium for the exclusiveness of a two bedroomed house.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Nürnberg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We stayed 2 days in the Dar Baraka - the location is really great (Kasbah Ouyad) as the room had a great view to Sale and the river bay (only that the are constructing a marina so that nearly only sand was visible) In the Souks of the Medina you need around 5 Minutes.
The Guest House rembered me a little bit of staying at my Grandma's House: quite old furniture, nothing renovated and many things that were not working and no fancy interior. For me a little bit of a bity as I think that this house shows a lot of potential for more. Even though our room was big, but I did not really feel relaxed and comfortable there.
There is a nice Terrace (only that it is not nicely kept & clean) where you can enjoy the view over the bay.
The breakfast was really great: a lot of choice like Ricotta, Croissant, Baguette, marroccean crepe, yoghurt, cake etc.

We got a rental car (you can drive in the Kasbah and park really 10 m from the Guest House - if you dare to do so as the way in the Kasbah is really narrow) which was great as all the restaurants are outside of the centre in the area where the embassies are (Mohammed VI). The prices there were not too expensive and food was nice.

My resumee would be: The price for the room is too expensive for what you get. We would only get back if we do not get something better

• Stayed April 2009
Kawasaki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

The Dar Baraka is a recommended villa in Rabat where there are not many hotels or villas. This Dar is located in the innermost place of Kasbah Oudayas and very near to the Atlantic Ocean and the mouth of a big river.

The Dar was like a usual house redecorated. Guest rooms are only two. We were very snug. As the Dar was built on slope for the river, the view was very good.

We stayed at the smaller room. It was a little narrow, but had a lovely balcony, we were possible to go down straight to many Patios in the garden. Patios and the garden were made by using the slope well and were interesting.

There was a bathtub in the bathroom, and it was very welcome for Japanese. But we did not put a lot of hot waters on the bathtub because of supplying hot water by a tank.
Breakfast in the dining was also delicious.

The owner was a kind French woman with gray hair. She said that she has come to travel to Japan before ten years or more, as her daughter lived in Japan at that time.
The receptionist man was also very good person.

• Liked — Patio and garden
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
brenhell@aol.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

This is a lovely. quiet and intimate place to stay. The guy who looked after us was Hamza who couldn't have been more helpful and pleasent. The food is good value and the location in the Kasbah is superb!

Rabat itself is a good place to stay for a few days- a more sedate place for a stop off if taking the train from Fes to Marrakesh

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manasquan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

When I booked this Dar, the owner Pauline wanted a money transfer. Booking through the US, I did not want to do this. She promised to save me the large room. I promised to be there on the 10 may,2007. I kept emailing her to make sure we still had the room. She kept her promise. Not knowing what day of the week it was I checked out of a Fez hotel on the 11 th May. Oh, my God !! I had the hotel call her, she still had our room. We alerted her we would be on the next train. She was a little pissed at us, however got over it quickly. She runs a tight ship. I would stay there again, but show up when expected. The art work in our room was lovely and throughout the whole Dar . I highly recommend this place.

• Liked — Quiet location
  • Disliked — everything was great
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dar Baraka? Share your experiences!