“Location Location Location” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Avenue Moulay Youssef, Rabat, Morocco   |
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Rabat
“Location Location Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

It's simple, you can't get a better location than this! It doesn't matter what you're in town for, if you stay here you're n the middle of it all. Best part of my trip: walking out of the hotel every afternoon and just wandering, going wherever my feet took me. The great thing is that the hotel is really modern and safe and fancy, but as soon as you step out you are in authentic Morocco, and it was so nice to meet locals and eat their food and see their history. Reception staff very friendly, gave great recommendations for places to visit.

• Stayed March 2013
Belere H, Manager at Belere Rabat, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Caprisun1330, Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review about the Belere Rabat. We are delighted to hear that you found the location of the hotel to be extremely convenient, and that you were able to enjoy the city of Rabat, and all the wonderful things it has to offer. We are also very pleased to learn that you found the staff to be both friendly and helpful. It was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us, we are eagerly awaiting your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I booked I was a bit concerned about some of the reviews complaining of noise, but that concern was offset by management's online comments saying that they were happy to move people if they found it noisy. We stayed one (Thursday) night and the noise from the adjacent night club, which we first noticed around 11 PM, woke us up several times during the night and completely ruined our stay.

At about 3 AM the nightclub noise was so loud that the bass was actually vibrating so strongly that we couldn't even sleep with earplugs. After about 30 more minutes I went down to the lobby to express my utter disbelief at the level of the noise and the vibration in the building and that it was so late. The night clerk told me that he agreed with me and that I should bring it up in the morning. He said it would be over in about 15 minutes, but it actually stopped at 4:23 AM.

No offer was made to move us, but frankly it wouldn't have mattered, as I had actually walked down the hallway of each of the floors of the building, from bottom to top, and you could hear the music and feel the vibration on every floor, albeit somewhat less on the upper floors (we were on the third floor).

The next morning when I was checking out, the same nightclerk was about to overcharge us for the room, and I told him that I had left a copy of the lower rate confirmation with the front desk the day before upon check-in, adding that I couldn't believe he was going to debate 8 Euros with me given the horrible night's sleep we had just had. Instead of agreeing with me again as he had 4 hours earlier, he replied that I should not be making a big deal and that I should let him do his job!

I was shocked at his attitude and that we did not receive any kind of apology, let alone a discount. I'm not sure how often the noise is that loud, but it only has to be on the night you are there trying to sleep to totally ruin your stay. In a way I feel sorry for the hotel owners/management, because the rooms themselves are quite nice, but it must be quite frustrating for them if they are stuck with a nightclub that even occasionally runs so loudly until 4 AM and they are powerless to do anything to stop the noise. Most of my reviews on Tripadvisor are quite positive, but in this case, do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else, rather than risking a night like we had.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Belere H, Manager at Belere Rabat, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear CashorCredit,
It was an immense shock to read your review. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay, but I can assure you that the Belere Rabat is nothing like what you have described. We are very sorry to hear that you found the rooms to be noisy. Though there is a nighclub in the basement of the hotel, all of the rooms are soundproof and the noise is not heard in the rooms. That being said, on occassions where a special event is being held at the nightclub and a guest can hear the noise, we are always more than happy to move them to another room. As a matter of fact, it is in our customs that if for any reason a guest is not 100 % satisfied with their room, they are immediately given another room. I am very surprised by your description of the receptionist’s nonchalant attitude, as our staff is often acclaimed for their hospitality. I am unsure as to why the receptoinist did not offer to move you, but I am certain that if you had requested a change of rooms, it would have been granted on the spot. I think there may have been a misunderstanding or confusion in regards to the payment problem that you mentioned, and I apologize for it. I will be sure to speak with the nighclub staff to determine why it was exceptionally noisy, as well as with the receptionist to clear up any confusion and remind him that the satisfaction of our customers is our number one priority, and all measures must be taken to ensure it. Once again, on behalf of everyone at the Belere Rabat I apologize for your rare and misfortuante experience. I hope that someday you will return to the Belere Rabat, and realize that it truly is a calm and convivial place.
tunis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

A wonderful hotel with modern fixtures and amenities, this hotel made us feel much better after the disaster in Casablanca ( that is another review) . Right in the city center , this hotel has a nice bar upstairs and an excellent restaurant . Breakfast was rich, many choices ( eggs, platters of cheese , cereals, fruits,..) . The rooms are all modern in style, incredible shower. Excellent staff that helped us recover a lost wallet and sent it to us all the way to Marrakech .
I will be back again with another group in the upcoming months

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Belere H, Manager at Belere Rabat, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear MouldiTunis,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review about the Belere Rabat. We are thrilled to hear that you appreciated the style and decor of the hotel, enjoyed the cuisine, and had pleasant interactions with the staff. It was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are eagerly awaiting your next visit! If you would like to make a reservation or if there is anything we can do to make your upcoming stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact us. We are always at your service.
Cambridge England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a conference to attend in Rabat and my wife chose to accompany me. We stayed at the Belere for 12 days. We are very happy to have chosen it, we had a wonderful stay. The location of the hotel is ideal : a short taxi ride to my conferences, and my wife enjoyed walking around and exploring the beautiful city that is Rabat. Since she was alone most of the time, she was very pleased to have free wifi in the rooms, and luckily there were many international tv channels so she didn't miss her favorite shows ! The rooms are very clean and the staff is incredibly friendly ! Breakfast has a wide variety, lots of delicious items to choose from. We went to the lounge on two occasions ; great music and tasty drinks. Recommended !

Room Tip: enjoy free wi-fi in the rooms have drinks at the lounge
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cohen M,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience at the Belere Rabat. We are delighted to learn that you and your wife had a pleasant stay, and enjoyed the wifi, television channels, breakfast, and lounge. We are also very happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly. It was a pleasure to have you among us, and we hope that you and your wife will return very soon.
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

On.y 5 minute minute walk to Rabat Ville train station. No better place to stay if you come by train Rabat. I came from Meknes, and went to Casablanca by rail.

Very clean and friendly hotel.

I would stay here again.

Great breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Zip22313,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Belere Rabat. We are thrilled to hear that you appreciated the location of the hotel, and found it to be very convenient. We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the overall ambiance of the hotel, and found the breakfast to be savory. It was an honor to have you stay at the Belere Rabat. We are eagerly awaiting your next visit!
Taif, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

i wa in hotel belere with my colleagues between december 30 and january 3 we are verry huppy to travelling for your business at the belere because you have free wifi and fax and free drinks in the room. when you want to do a meeting there is a conference room equipped and wiyh a nise view of tht palace they organized for us a buffet lunch on the roof terrace. at night the room is very cleane et verry quiet . my colleagues were truly happy with the hotel and the service and the food olso delicious

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ahmad Talib A,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to review Belere Rabat. We are very pleased to hear that both you and your colleagues had an enjoyable sejour, and appreciated both the food and the view. It was a pleasure to have you stay at the Belere Rabat, and we look forward to your next visit.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

we were a big group and we were deceived by the stuff. They were very very very unfriendly and nervous. The breakfast is very simply and the diner was horrible sice it was a set menu and not an open buffet. We hated the hotel though the location is fine
Too bad

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Abdullah A,
We were very surprised to read your review, as we have never had a customer with so numerous complaints. On the contrary, the majority of our customers are beyond pleased with the various aspects of the hotel, from the quality of the rooms to the staff, from the cuisine to the location of the hotel. The experience that you describe is an atypical one. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I will be sure to speak with the staff to inform them of your experience, and immediate action will be taken.

Been to Belere Rabat? Share your experiences!