“Second time in Rabat and MUCH happier at this hotel than the previous.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel la Tour Hassan

Save Saved
You added Hotel la Tour Hassan to your Saves list
Hotel la Tour Hassan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26, Rue Challah, BP 14, Rabat 10000, Morocco   |
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Rabat
“Second time in Rabat and MUCH happier at this hotel than the previous.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The entire hotel smells wonderful. Service is hospitable, friendly, and reliable. Most of the staff speaks English which is very helpful.

The spa service is nice but there aren't any changing rooms.

The gym is minimal. There are some dumbbells and cardio equipment only.

The food is very good and service is great for anyone who has any special dietary considerations. I'm a holistic health professional and eating hear was a wonderful experience.

I would recommend this hotel to other people traveling for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rabat, Morocco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Moroccan restaurant offers a classic choice of traditional food. Unfortunately, every single one of the specials have to be ordered 24 hours in advance and for a minimum of four people. What was on offer was at best average, and certainly not worth the high prices asked. The bread, a staple of Moroccan food, was all stale and dry.

Before the meal I was ignored by the occasional passing waiter for twenty minutes. In the restaurant, waiting staff were also invisible for the entire meal, leaving drinks to run out, and us waiting excessively long periods for food.

There are many restaurants in Rabat that offer superior food at far more reasonable prices.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My first visit to Rabat - and a very good place to visit indeed.

The hotel is very well located for the Medina, however, it does take some time to try and obtain a taxi from the front door due to the fact that this is a one way street.

From the outset all went wrong.

I had (by email with reservations) organised a car to collect me from Casablanca airport to the hotel - 1.5 hours away. There was some sort of mix-up and I ended up taking a taxi who upon arrival in Rabat, took approx 1 hour to try and find the hotel (not the hotel's fault, but it is not well sign-posted as to where it is).

At the check-in desk, I asked for the manager who tried to tell me that it was my fault and the driver was still at the airport waiting for me. (I was with a colleague and we did not see anyone whatsoever at the airport).

The hotel room was very small (147) with a view of nothing!

The WiFi in my did not work and only worked when I complained that I could not receive the signal! This is a grand hotel with concrete walls, hard for a WiFi router to transmit, therefore, La Tour Hassan invest in better routers!

I had to LOG-ON every time I wanted to access the network, could this not be simplified and at least log-in for 24 hours?

Service at the Piano Bar (outside) was very slow and it was as if the staff were only capable of focusing on one table/one order at a time - took over 15 minutes to even get a cold beer. One day, with colleagues, we ordered lunch at 1200, it arrived at 1305, cold and under-cooked. The manager did take it away and did not charge, however, this was indicative of the shoddy service - not one person stood out, all seems to be moving very slowly - not what one wants from a hotel of this stature.

The staff did not seem to think ahead at breakfast, I had to ask for coffee, juice etc.... this should be automatic.....

OK rant over, I may go back in June and will give it one more try and report back on completion - however, I do think that the staff need to change their attitude and become more customer focused......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We are sorry to learn that you were less than satisfied with your stay experience in la Tour Hassan Palace.

We can assure you this experience is atypical of our standards, and we are confident that when you join us again, you will be more than thrilled with the quality and the choice we provide daily to our guests.

On your next getaway to Rabat, be sure to e-mail or call ahead and we will be happy to personally follow-up on your overall satisfaction.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Loved this Riad -- our first in Morocco. Beautifully appointed with excellent service and startlingly good food for dinner and again for breakfast. Very nice wine selection. Sorry we weren't staying longer!

Room Tip: Our only caution is for travelers who have trouble navigating steps. Ask for a room other than the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Central Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Beautiful hotel set close to the Medina. The pool and gardens were simply beautiful. Our room was very large, and very nicely furnished. The breakfast buffet was delicious with a very nice variety. We feel fortunate to have stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at La Tour Hassan Palace in Rabat.

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your last stay with us and we would like to thank you for these very kind words of praise which will delight all our teams.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, for another outstanding stay.

Washington, D.C., USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here as part of a group tour. Dating to 1914, the 140 room hotel is Rabat's last surviving hotel to be constructed using traditional Moorish-Andalusian design. Good wifi (unusual for Morocco), lovely rooms and good food. Located close to the medina. Excellent buffet breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for such positive feedback.

Our aim is to meet and exceed our guests expectations in terms of level of service and I am pleased to hear that we have achieved our goal.

Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several weeks while conducting business in Rabat. In fairness, this was my first trip to Rabat and my first stay in a Moroccan hotel. A nice hotel that is within walking distance to the Medina (the Old City) and close to plenty of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is clean and looks quite nice, with Moroccan motif throughout. Many members of the staff were nice and pleasant, others, not so much. My room was nice and the large bed, especially comfortable. The furniture in the room, 2 small/small chairs and a sofa, looked nice, but were not comfortable at all. A larger desk chair provided some comfort, but lying in bed was the only real option to feel relaxed. By-the-way, they had the same small uncomfortable chairs and sofas in the lobby. I gave up on the room’s air conditioner after the first day, I think the thermostat was there for show only. Instead, I opted to keep the window open for fresh cool air and got used to the rooster crowing after about a week. Hotel staff kept the room clean and were meticulous about changing towels. Only issue there was, they would knock lightly and enter the room before giving you a chance to respond. I quickly learned that double locking the door was a good idea. On my first day, I wanted to connect to the internet and called the front desk for instructions. After being routed to a phone that never answered - three times - I decided to get dressed and walk to the front desk for guidance. They gave it, it was easy, and made me wonder why they just couldn't have told me that the first time I called - even better, give internet instructions when you check in. The breakfeast buffet was very good and I enjoyed eating in the hotel every morning of my stay - with just a few exceptions. At times it was very difficult to get a second cup of coffee served and each morning I had to ask for sugar, salt, and pepper or get up and take it from another table. Most waiters didn't seem to get it, others did. For example one waiter knew my room number after the first 3 days, another one acted as if I was new everyday (I was at the hotel 4 weeks). At previous hotels I've stayed in for that long the waiters knew my name, my room number, and made a point of getting me what I needed each morning - like coffee and table condiments. Tipping for extra cups of coffee seemed to work with some, others didn't seem that interested. Overall I would say that my stay was ok, not real bad, but just a few additional steps on the part of the staff could have made the stay much more enjoyable. Of course a nice comfortable chair and a working thermostat would have helped too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We are sorry to learn that you were less than satisfied with your stay experience in la Tour Hassan Palace in Rabat.

La Tour HassanPalace

Been to Hotel la Tour Hassan? Share your experiences!