“WOW!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Rabat
Central Pennsylvania
“WOW!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Beautiful hotel set close to the Medina. The pool and gardens were simply beautiful. Our room was very large, and very nicely furnished. The breakfast buffet was delicious with a very nice variety. We feel fortunate to have stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at La Tour Hassan Palace in Rabat.

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your last stay with us and we would like to thank you for these very kind words of praise which will delight all our teams.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, for another outstanding stay.

La Tour HassanPalace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington, D.C., USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here as part of a group tour. Dating to 1914, the 140 room hotel is Rabat's last surviving hotel to be constructed using traditional Moorish-Andalusian design. Good wifi (unusual for Morocco), lovely rooms and good food. Located close to the medina. Excellent buffet breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for such positive feedback.

Our aim is to meet and exceed our guests expectations in terms of level of service and I am pleased to hear that we have achieved our goal.

On your next getaway to Rabat, be sure to e-mail or call ahead and we will be happy to personally follow-up on your overall satisfaction.

Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several weeks while conducting business in Rabat. In fairness, this was my first trip to Rabat and my first stay in a Moroccan hotel. A nice hotel that is within walking distance to the Medina (the Old City) and close to plenty of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is clean and looks quite nice, with Moroccan motif throughout. Many members of the staff were nice and pleasant, others, not so much. My room was nice and the large bed, especially comfortable. The furniture in the room, 2 small/small chairs and a sofa, looked nice, but were not comfortable at all. A larger desk chair provided some comfort, but lying in bed was the only real option to feel relaxed. By-the-way, they had the same small uncomfortable chairs and sofas in the lobby. I gave up on the room’s air conditioner after the first day, I think the thermostat was there for show only. Instead, I opted to keep the window open for fresh cool air and got used to the rooster crowing after about a week. Hotel staff kept the room clean and were meticulous about changing towels. Only issue there was, they would knock lightly and enter the room before giving you a chance to respond. I quickly learned that double locking the door was a good idea. On my first day, I wanted to connect to the internet and called the front desk for instructions. After being routed to a phone that never answered - three times - I decided to get dressed and walk to the front desk for guidance. They gave it, it was easy, and made me wonder why they just couldn't have told me that the first time I called - even better, give internet instructions when you check in. The breakfeast buffet was very good and I enjoyed eating in the hotel every morning of my stay - with just a few exceptions. At times it was very difficult to get a second cup of coffee served and each morning I had to ask for sugar, salt, and pepper or get up and take it from another table. Most waiters didn't seem to get it, others did. For example one waiter knew my room number after the first 3 days, another one acted as if I was new everyday (I was at the hotel 4 weeks). At previous hotels I've stayed in for that long the waiters knew my name, my room number, and made a point of getting me what I needed each morning - like coffee and table condiments. Tipping for extra cups of coffee seemed to work with some, others didn't seem that interested. Overall I would say that my stay was ok, not real bad, but just a few additional steps on the part of the staff could have made the stay much more enjoyable. Of course a nice comfortable chair and a working thermostat would have helped too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We are sorry to learn that you were less than satisfied with your stay experience in la Tour Hassan Palace in Rabat.
We can assure you this experience is atypical of our standards, and we are confident that when you join us again, you will be more than thrilled with the quality and the choice we provide daily to our guests.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A beautiful, well maintained hotel in old Rabat. Lovely pool area and gardens, and good location. Ate dinner at the hotel, the food was not very special. However the breakfast buffet was excellent, with many choices, including an omelet station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great location (close to mainnstation and medina), well kept and clean, amazing traditional architecture and decoration. Breakfast was included and was excellent. Pool area and gardens very pretty, although it rained the whole time I was there so never used it :-(
Only downside was the gym.....the equipment was either broken or not working properly.........
The restaurants looked good and were recomended but a little pricey compared to what is nearby.....but maybe worth the splurhge if you have never had Moroccan food.

Room Tip: Looking over the pool if possible...otherwise you have a beautiful construction site view, Like I di...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manassas, Va.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just spent three nights here for work and I'm not sure I'd stay here again. The one desk clerk I was dealing with on day one was a little too surly. I came back down telling him my AC was not working and my room was hot. I was very friendly and looking for help. Twice over the day he said he would tell the right person. Finally someone came up and told me the AC has not been turned on yet for the hotel due to the cooler weather they were still experiencing. I have never seen this in what's supposed to be a nice hotel. Why the desk clerk could not tell me this I don't know. By this point he was pretty cool towards me for the rest of my stay. The other employees were nice and professional. The rooms my partner and I had were small and overlooked a pretty ugly courtyard with some loud construction taking place. We ate in one of the hotels nice restaurants one night (La Brazziere) and we both had the absolutely worst steak we have ever had and the service was bad. I barely ate the steak. Eating shoe leather would have been easier. Overall for the price paid here this is a less than stellar hotel.
The sleep quality is rated lower due to having to leave a bedroom window open (no screen) to cool the room down to sleep. My partner had to do the same thing..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is very beautiful! It is a renovated old traditional Moroccan palace that has a very serene atmosphere. The location is perfect and the greenery is very relaxing. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The Moroccan restaurant at this hotel offers great food at a not so high price.
The staff are very friendly; ALL of them!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel la Tour Hassan? Share your experiences!