“Beautiful Traditional Hotel in Rabat” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel la Tour Hassan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26, Rue Challah, BP 14, Rabat 10000, Morocco   |
Ranked #5 of 38 hotels in Rabat
Brasilia, DF
“Beautiful Traditional Hotel in Rabat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great location (close to mainnstation and medina), well kept and clean, amazing traditional architecture and decoration. Breakfast was included and was excellent. Pool area and gardens very pretty, although it rained the whole time I was there so never used it :-(
Only downside was the gym.....the equipment was either broken or not working properly.........
The restaurants looked good and were recomended but a little pricey compared to what is nearby.....but maybe worth the splurhge if you have never had Moroccan food.

Room Tip: Looking over the pool if possible...otherwise you have a beautiful construction site view, Like I di...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manassas, Va.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just spent three nights here for work and I'm not sure I'd stay here again. The one desk clerk I was dealing with on day one was a little too surly. I came back down telling him my AC was not working and my room was hot. I was very friendly and looking for help. Twice over the day he said he would tell the right person. Finally someone came up and told me the AC has not been turned on yet for the hotel due to the cooler weather they were still experiencing. I have never seen this in what's supposed to be a nice hotel. Why the desk clerk could not tell me this I don't know. By this point he was pretty cool towards me for the rest of my stay. The other employees were nice and professional. The rooms my partner and I had were small and overlooked a pretty ugly courtyard with some loud construction taking place. We ate in one of the hotels nice restaurants one night (La Brazziere) and we both had the absolutely worst steak we have ever had and the service was bad. I barely ate the steak. Eating shoe leather would have been easier. Overall for the price paid here this is a less than stellar hotel.
The sleep quality is rated lower due to having to leave a bedroom window open (no screen) to cool the room down to sleep. My partner had to do the same thing..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is very beautiful! It is a renovated old traditional Moroccan palace that has a very serene atmosphere. The location is perfect and the greenery is very relaxing. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The Moroccan restaurant at this hotel offers great food at a not so high price.
The staff are very friendly; ALL of them!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had several occasion to stay at this hotel (about 4 times) always for business purposes, but it is always a great pleasure to stay there. The staff is really friendly, the gardens and swiming pool are a glimpse of heaven! Another good thing about this hotel, is that it is walking distance from the Medina and the souk. The restaurant of traditionnal moroccan food is as well highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
la_tour_hassan2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback in taking the time to write such a comment about your experience at Tour Hassan Palace part of Palaces & Traditions in Morocco.
We hope that you had a wonderful and unforgettable experience staying at our Palace.
As you may know there are also many highlights to discover in Rabat such as the Oudayas, the Hassan Tower, the Marina, and the Dar Es-Salam Golf among many others. We will be delighted to ensure that you have a well balanced and exciting visiting program during your next stay with us.
Further, we look forward to welcoming you soon to enjoy a cool and revitalizing break by the Atlantic Ocean.
To make proper arrangements for your future stay or for any other enquiries, please contact our reservations department.
Thank you for choosing Tour Hassan Palace, your place in Rabat, Morocco.
rousse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was great. We stayed only for 1 night. The rooms was very clean and spacious.
The bathroom was also big and clean. The bed was really comfortable.
The dinner and breakfast were very reach, the buffet had almost everything for the different tastes. It was very delicious and good.
The garden was very quiet and beautiful in the evening.
Our stay there was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tour Hassan Palace, your place in Rabat, Morocco.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for four days last week in superior room. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff were not so friendly, we had to beg for simple things such as a bottle of water. Internet should be a standard inclusion at a hotel charging such rates. Late checkout was a problem, but the lady chef at breakfast cooked the perfect omelet. I won't stay there again, there is better value close by.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
la_tour_hassan2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at the Tour Hassan Palace. Feedback such as this is valued and will be taken into consideration, as we are always striving to maintain a high level of Excellence.

The experiences you have described have been brought up to the concerned departments in order to ensure the service we want deliver to our guests.

Most importantly it is YOU that we are thriving to satisfy and remain confident that your comments assist us in achieving the high standard of service we are aiming.

Please feel free to call me directly and I would be pleased to organize your next stay at Tour Hassan Palace.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in the Hotel for a conference. Service was very good, rooms clean and nice, no real swimming pool to speak of and a basic gym. Food was OK but not great. French is the preferred language but you can get by easily enough on English. as for Rabat its not a place I would recommend again. For an African city its pretty clean but still is quite dangerous particularly if you wander about solo. Be warned also the local favourite sport is fleecing or robbing tourists. Negotiate everything before you buy whether its a tour guide or a taxi. Two taxi rides to and from the hotel cost 800% difference. Anyway there you go - the hotel is absolutely fine but not cheap, go if you like as Morocco is interesting but not to relax.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Webmaster2012, Directeur général at Hotel la Tour Hassan, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
However, a large part of your comment concerns the security level in a city like Rabat. As you may know, many large cities in the world have their share of insecurity including Paris, London or New York. Having worked in many places all of the world as a Managing Director, I can assure you that Rabat is one of the safest and pleasant places I know.
As to your stay with us, the experiences you have described have been brought up to the concerned departments in order to ensure the service we want deliver to our guests.
Most importantly it is YOU that we are thriving to satisfy and remain confident that your comment assist us in achieving the high standard of service we are aiming.
Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be pleased to organize your next stay at Tour Hassan Palace.
Managing Director

Been to Hotel la Tour Hassan? Share your experiences!