“excellent location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mihad Hotel

Mihad Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rabat
Mihad Hotel
You added Mihad Hotel to your Saves list
7, Avenue Atlas, Agdal, Rabat 10000, Morocco   |
Ranked #22 of 42 Rabat B&B and Inns
voorschoten
“excellent location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

the mihad hotel is located near a nice shopping street and also plenty of cafe's and patisseries nearby. the tram stop is 2 minutes and takes you to the centre in 10 minutes.
the receptionist were very helpful, with a credit card malfunction there were no problems and it was solved when the accounts were checked. compare that to a five star hotel where you can spend enless time with the cashier and the manager!
room very good, bathroom excellent. Noise from the street bearable and after 7 pm it is quiet and it starts again at 7 am. the breakfast buffet is simple but up to the standard of this class

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed in the Mihad Hotel, Agdal on two different occasions and have been very happy with the service and value on both of these occasions.

The best aspect of the hotel is it's location - it is right in the heart of Agdal, the modern area of Rabat. Just at the doorstep are numerous cafes, restaurants, bars and shops. A 2 minute walk takes you to the Tramway station which can connect you to the medina, centre ville and other areas of Rabat and Sale. A taxi to the medina takes around 5 - 10 minutes and costs approx 15DH from the hotel.

The rooms themselves are simple, clean and comfortable. I didn't experience any hot water shortages and had no complaints with the room itself.

The staff at the hotel are fantastic, I had quite a worrying personal issue whilst I was staying here and each of the staff I dealt with were kind, caring and understanding. They were quick to check me in and provide me with all the details needed - they are very nice, thanks guys!

I would recommend staying at the Mihad Hotel if you are looking for a great location, service and value for money. Next time I'm in Rabat I'll be sure to stay here again!

Room Tip: I imagine the rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter than those at the front on the road....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rabat, Morocco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've only been in the hotel two days, but am already experiencing many frustrations. First, the room itself is large, and well-lit. It has comfortable beds, and semi-ample hot water (don't shower in the morning when everyone else is showering).

That said, the frustrations have been legion. I've asked for extra bath towels for two days now. No towels appear. I also entered the room to find a wet bath towel hanging from the bathroom bar, no wash cloth, no hand towel.

The wifi is adequate, although it gives out at night. The rooms are inadequately wired. For example, to plug in my laptop, I have to unplug the small room refrigerator. There was a lamp on the desk too, but no outlet that would work. A side note about outlets generally: Difficult-to-plug-in outlets and outlet strips appear to be a commonplace in the Moroccan businesses I've visited.

The room has no microwave, so I'm dependent on the continental breakfast service for hot water for my tea (I prefer mine to the Liptons the Hotel serves). Breakfast is over, so the hot water pot is gone.

The desk did send up two water bottles without hesitation, and did deliver the hand towel and "washcloth" (actually a small hand towel, but I'm tired of fighting with them.

Fighting with one of the desk clerks consumed one of the first conversations I had here. I wanted to know the room number of a colleague. First the clerk told me we were sharing a room, yet when I visited the room (not suite), no sign of my colleague. When I returned to ask about this, the clerk then insisted that my colleague, who had been here for a week, was not in the hotel, and was due to arrive next month. Finally, a senior desk clerk found the colleague and room number. The fighting desk clerk was apologetic, but really, why the disagreement?

People everywhere here seem reluctant to say "I don't know."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent about 5 days at the Mihad during a workshop. The hotel is modern, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. The hotel is located in the newer section of Rabat, among many restaurants and shops of the modern, rather than traditional variety. The tram stop is about 2 blocks away. The only negative aspect was that some seemingly lower-quality materials were used in hotel construction and, therefore, some wear (e.g. broken or partially functioning bathroom fixtures) was evident despite the newness of the hotel. Free wireless internet is included.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business