“Fabulous! Highly recommend it” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Ryad Dar Karima
8 Rue Jamaa Moreno, El Gza, Medina, Rabat 10000, Morocco   |
Ranked #12 of 40 Rabat B&B and Inns
“Fabulous! Highly recommend it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We will definitely stay here again when we revisit Rabat. Very clean, great hosts, eat dinner there too! The food is wonderful. We had dinner there several nights. Great location in the medina and close to all highlights in Rabat.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hastings on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We just got back from Morocco and I wanted to write a review of the extraordinary time we had at Ryad Dar Karima in Rabat. I had decided to take my mother to Morocco. She had always wanted to see it, but at the age of 89, the opportunity seemed to be slipping away. I wanted her to have a great ryad experience as part of her overall Moroccan experience. I read what seemed like hundreds of reviews of dozens of ryads trying to discern the combination of architectural beauty, convenience, cleanliness, and comfortable hospitality. Ryad Dar Karima was a little short on reviews but the ones I read hit a chord. The place sounded just right.
Well, Salah and Najia validated my incredible deductive powers. I really wanted the best for my mom, and in the back of my mind I hoped Ryad Dar Karima would be a great experience for her, and that it would exceed my most hopeful expectations. Well, it did. We only spent three nights there but by the end, if felt as if we had all known each other for years. And when we departed there were tears as if we were losing contact again with a couple of long lost friends.
The place is beautiful, and it is pristine - up to western standards, which is not always the case in Morocco. Salah is a contractor consultant by trade and he used his talents to great advantage in building his ryad. The rooms are beautiful, as is the center courtyard.
We ate our last two dinners at the ryad. If we had known better we would have eaten all 3. those were the best dinners we had in morocco and we have eaten in some excellent restaurants. One night he fixed a whole fish for each table. It was tremendous. We and the other guests sat around tables in the living room area. It was extremely comfortable and friendly as we passed conversation and exclaimed about the food. Breakfast was served in this room as well and again it was typical moroccan but one step better.
The owners went to all lengths to be helpful and took especially great care of my mother. I had wanted to find a driver to take us on a day trip to Fez. After calling several people Salah thought the cost was too high. So he decided to take us himself. He said it would be great opportunity to practice his English. He cleared his schedule we had a most memorable day in Fez traveling around with Salah. Staying at their Ryad was an incredible experience and a big part of our trip. I am grateful to Salah and his lovely wife Najia for their wonderful hospitality to my mother my wife and me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

A wee bit challenging to find but Salah and Najia guided us there over the phone like the pros that they are. It's an outstanding place to stay. The plan was to spent the night in Rabat, but we loved the riad so much we booked another night moments after we checked in. The rooms are gorgeous and huge, the shower hot, and there is heat in each room (most places we stayed did not have heat. I wore a hat to bed most nights.) The food was amazing, and the company, even more so. Salah and Najia were natural born hosts, and I have never felt more welcome on the road. I would go back to Rabat just to have the pleasure of staying with them again.

The riad is right in the medina, which is a bit calmer and easier to navigate than the medians of Marrakech and Fes. We were able to find parking just a couple blocks away. I'm glad we stayed to explore Rabat longer as there is a lot to see nearby. It's also just a quick walk to the beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Ryad Dar Karima is the very best Riad anybody could ever stay at. Salah and Najia are gracious, helpful and make you feel at home, the Riad is absolutely beautiful with very large rooms, details that are custom made to the very specific Moroccan style and each room is different, we were given a choice. Breakfast is delicious beyond expectations and when they invite you to their specialty Tea (they put in various herbs and mint) with sweet treats, you know you are in a very exceptional place. If you are in Rabat, stay here you will be so glad you did. They fine people will take care of you and do everything and anything to make you feel comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a fabulous Ryad and the hosts, Salah and Najia, are simply superbe! The rooms are spacious, elegant, and comfortable. The mixture of colors, odor of natural wood, lights, and miraculous shapes and shades everywhere put you in a different world. Yet, Salah and Najia do everything to make you feel right at home. They are warm, cheerful, and welcoming. We were there in August 2012 with two of our children and we will do it again with no hesitation. Our girls loved it! They read, made up fun stories, watered the house plants, enjoyed the good food and simply had fun in a completely different environment. There is more to visiting Ryad Dar Karima than staying in a luxurious place. It is a memorable experience.

Room Tip: The Ryad is located in the middle of the old Medina (old quarters) of Rabat. This is a great locati...