“good choise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Texuda

You added Hotel Texuda to your Saves list
Hotel Texuda
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   32, bd Almoukawama | Quartier L'ocean, Rabat, Morocco   |
Ranked #24 of 39 Rabat B&B and Inns
Tehran, Iran
“good choise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

i had booked another hostel to stay there on 26th of March 2013,but when i arrived,found out that it isn't fit for me,so tried to find another hotel around,because i needed to be near the Kasbah and seaside.
then i found this hotel,the staff,very friendly and helpful.room very clean and breakfast was o.k too. it was important for me that the price was not so high that i had thought,so staying there was a very good idea and opportunity. there are some restaurant around too that you can find different meals with your budget.i am happy with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 weeks earlier in 2012 on a work assignment. Before we arrived we were promised a few extras like safes, irons and kettles in each room - these were not available upon our arrival but we got safes after 1 week and 3 kettles to share amongst us all were provided late in the first week.

All the rooms on a floor are different - smallest has just 2 single beds, largest is a nice suite. Several others were 2-room suites. Mine was a single room with 1 double bed and 1 single - was big enough for me. The bathroom was quite strange - the shower, toilet and bidet were in a separate room, and the handbasin / vanity was around the corner off the bedroom area.

I was on the floor underneath the kitchen and dining room and I heard all the banging and clattering from up there starting at about 5.30am each day. Others in our group had noisy people in adjacent rooms - the sound proofing isn't the best.

The staff were almost all very friendly - we had some fond farewells when we left. They mostly tried very hard to accommodate us.

My biggest complaint would be the cleanliness of the floors - the cleaners just sprayed some liquid on the tiled floors and then wiped it up with a (usually) dirty mop - hence the floors were always sticky and my white socks were filthy after one night of walking around my room.

I had one issue with a cleaner - she took a small item, it was only my spare bed attached to something else but her excuse was she thought it was a present for her. The management got it back for me and I heard the cleaner was fired.

It was a 5 minute walk to the Medina, and not far from a main street where there were several restaurants, a supermarket, and the tram line. The streets at night are dark and it's not a very populated area so I wouldn't be walking around at night alone - best to be in a group.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you don't need the rooms to be too fancy. and are a heavy sleeper!

Room Tip: Rooms will be priced based on size, all the rooms on a floor are different configuration (e.g. 1 roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

my name is farhan manaf my stay in the hotel was amazing the staff provied a lot of help and great service it was beautifeal here i thanks to the managment team of texuda i hope see you somtimes once again thanks to the management team of texuda hotel

from hotel to txuda to mr farhan we wish that you spend a best time with us in our hotel thank you for all mr farhan

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

DON'T EVER GO!!!
Definetely you can find better accomodations in Rabat!! Rooms are wery strangely defined, with bathroom's window inside the bedroom (difficult to explain, but trust me, you woudn't like it!). Not clean at all! Staff very unpolite and inneficient, hardly speeking some english. Moreover credit cards don't work properly although they say thay accept them: we had to stay there twice within ten days and both times, in order to pay the hotel, we had to go out and look for a cash machine because they told us credit cards were not working properly. Or at least that's what they told us... infact they were working: so we payed twice,once by credit card, but they told us the transaction was null "because of technical problems" and another one by cash...
In fact the transaction was ok (we realised it after we left, checking on our bank account) and we are still wainting the refund AFTER 5 MOTHS althought we mail them or phone them every week to ask for it!!! next step will be the police!
STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
roaming, ranging gypsy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed here for nearly a week with family/large group and I am very disappointed in the hotel.
At face value it is clean and comfortable but several things happened which far outweigh comfort.
One person in our group walked in on the cleaners going through his personal belongings one day, another had money stolen from her room and one of the cleaners got fired during our stay because she was caught using a guests mobile phone in their room while they where out.
This hotel gives the impression of high class with the prices they charge, but you cannot expect anyone to give a great performance in any area if they are treated with disrespect as the cleaners were, they are paid next to nothing. It lacks the class it advertises.
The staff were on the whole, lovely and very helpful. Unfortunately there was one person (wish I remembered his name) who made things very difficult for us, he was very sneaky and obnoxious.
The hotel were very inflexible when any changes were needed whether it was saving a room (which had already been paid for) while one of our group had to leave for 3 days, or meal requirements.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010
Cambridge MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I stayed with a group of colleagues at the Hotel Texuda for 3 nights in the end of March. In general, the hotel was very nice. We were greeted with mint tea, and when the internet didn't work at the two computers in the front lobby, the woman at the front desk insisted that I sit at her desk to check my email.

The hotel is located very near the medina--maybe a 5-10 minute walk. The location of the hotel seemed somewhat desolate, as there was not a lot of activity going on at night, and the streets were pretty dark. Overall, though, I would give this hotel a good review! It was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Texuda? Share your experiences!