“Delightful riad with charm” 5 of 5 stars

You added Riad Kalaa to your Saves list
Riad Kalaa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-5 Rue Zebdi, Rabat 37000, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Rabat
“Delightful riad with charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I usually rate a hotel by its towel. The thicker, fluffier and soft it is, the higher rating it will place in my book. If this rating is solely used on Riad Kalaa, the riad (which is similar to best and breakfast) would sit comfortably high up there with five stars establishments.
But the towel alone is not only why I would rate this riad so highly. The entrance as you step into the big house welcomes you with warm lighting, the courtyard embraces you with soft music and the soft scent in the room seduces you.
I stayed here during my wife's baby moon at Etoille suite. Tatiana, the manager greeted us warmly and took us to the room, up a flight of stair. The suite is really nice with local details along the wall and animal skin rugs and heated floor beneath your feet. The sitting area outside the bedroom is filled with coffee table books of Morocco. Besides the bathroom that is a bit cramped, overall the details in the room is what boutique hotels around the world would envy. There were fresh fruit, fresh made cookies on tables and even rose petals in the bathroom. Tatiana even went the extra mile to fix my pants that was ripped the day before during the trip.
Dinner here is a set menu that would set you back 300 dirham per person, but we really enjoyed the fish tagine, which we tried and loved. Breakfast, which is included w the room rate consist of coffee, fresh fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice, assortment of local warm bread and home made jam was also lovely. As it was winter, we had both breakfast and dinner downstairs, but there is actually an outdoor dining area and dipping pool at the rooftop.
Right outside the gate, you can wander around to the medina and souk which is great. This riad is just located minutes from both where you can get lost, and spend couple of hours finding your way back to this little haven. Overall, I'm extremely happy staying at this riad and glad my guides from Around Morroco travel agent suggested it

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Azuelos007, Guest Relations Manager at Riad Kalaa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Yudanta,

I really want to thank you for your comment. All the team is really happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay in Riad Kalaa.

We try to offer the best services to our guests and be present at any time in case they need something. I will forward this message to the team, it will encourage them to carry on.

Thank you again and you will always be welcome in Riad Kalaa, with pleasure.

Kind regards,

Laetitia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Whangarei, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our first experience of a riad - situated close to the old Kasbah. It was dark when we arrived and following a young man (who we had met only minutes previously) through narrow dimly-lit alleys was a trifle un-nerving. However on arrival at the riad and were very impressed with what we saw inside. We sat on the fringe of a beautiful dining area and were served a glass of wine while our booking was sorted. After being shown to our room and depositing our luggage, we enjoyed a lovely 3-course meal for a very reasonable price. Our room was on the top floor of the riad, comfortable, quite spacious with full bathroom and beautiful Moroccan decor. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We would certainly recommend this riad if you're staying in Rabat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Azuelos007, Guest Relations Manager at Riad Kalaa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Madam,

I am pleased that your first experience in a Riad was with us. I really want to thank you for your comment and will forward it to the team.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the dinner.
We want that our guest live a real experience of Morroccan hospitality and feel really confortable in the Riad. We treat our guest one by one and answer as more as we can to their requests.

If you are coming back to Rabat, we would be pleased to having you as our guest again.

Best Regards,

Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at Riad Kalaa the 2nd night of our 2 week Moroccan tour. I wish we had come here from the first night and had stayed 2 instead of one night. We stayed in a number of really nice riads during our trip, but this one stands out as a favorite. We received a warm welcome with tea and biscuits before being shown to our lovely rooms, all of which were on the ground floor. The atmosphere was very relaxing. I would love to return one day.

Room Tip: One of the ground floor Sahara suite rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Madam,

I thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment on our tip advisor page. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in the riad. We would be really pleased to welcome you again in the riad one day.

A warm thank you from all the Riad Kalaa team, who try to make your stay as perfect as we can.

Best Regards,

Redding, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We started the first leg of our Moroccan journey in the capital, Rabat. My friend and I stayed in this gem of a riad for 3 nights in December 2012 (my apologies for the late review). But trust me, the experience of the Riad Kalaa remains fresh in one's mind.
From the minute you step through the main door, you have that feeling of entering an exotic dream. The architectural design and attention to detail of this riad is quite remarkable.
We stayed in one of the smaller rooms - Santal (Sandalwood) - nevertheless, it was very clean and comfortable and afforded us a restful stay.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
My only true disappointment would be that I didn't get to enjoy the hammam experience because it was not functioning on the day I had booked the 2-hour hammam & massage spa service. However, the body massage alone was good.
I would highly-recommend the riad's private transfer service upon your first arrival. Thereafter, getting around the medina and back to the riad on your own is a piece of cake.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Azuelos007, Guest Relations Manager at Riad Kalaa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about your stay in Riad Kalaa.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will share your comment with all the staff; I am sure that it will encourage them to give the best service to our guest and improve the quality.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our only regret was not spending more time at this riad. Riad Kalaa is spacious, and our room was beautifully finished. Breakfast and dinner were served in the central covered courtyard, and the quality of the food was excellent. There were only two couples staying the night we were there so it was very quiet, but ideal to relax after a long flight.

Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
dsm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night 15/12 ...warm welcome by Sanaa wit mint tea n homemade biscuits. Quick checking, room was clean n good for my family wit two kids. Food was very good n the riad is beautifully decorated...keep it up the same standard.

• Stayed December 2012
Carol Stream, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here the first night of our trip. The courtyard was gorgeous! We loved the seating, the lighting, just everything. We stayed in La Favorite which had one bed on the main level and upstairs had a second bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was really cool, except of course I hit my head on the entry decor (was a little low). We ate dinner here and it was just excellent. Breakfast was very filling and the staff was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Kalaa? Share your experiences!