“Friendly staff, relaxed elegance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Majestic

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meknes
Hotel Majestic
You added Hotel Majestic to your Saves list
19, AV Mohamed V, Meknes, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Meknes
Rabat, Morocco
“Friendly staff, relaxed elegance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

definitely a nice place with a great atmosphere, clean and comfortable although it does not have the luxury feel that the decor and architecture aspire to. A very helpful staff, cash only. Close to the train station and within walking distance to the old city. Lots of places to shop nearby. breakfast included (chocolate croissants bread and coffee) Wait 20 minutes for hot water, especially on upper floors.

Room Tip: no elevators, so ask for something on the first if you have lots of luggage and corner rooms have ba...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I arrived and asked for the price for two nights, went to see the room and then paid them for the room for two nights. The staff seemed to be okay and friendly until I checked out and they denied that I'd paid them. I had an argument with them because I knew I had definately paid.

I'm pretty sure that they were trying to bully me into paying twice because it didn't seem like they had genuinely forgotten. Either way it's bad that this happens.

Not sure if this happens to everyone, they probably only do this with a few people and I'm a solo traveller which makes me an easier target unfortunately.

Nice hotel so it's a shame this happened, just want to make people aware.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here for three nights. The room was clean and had character and was budget friendly. It was a block from train station. Located in ville nouvelle. Its a long walk to the medina so I recommend a petit taxi, but its an interesting, get to know the city walk if you chose to. There a good, affordable restaurants and cafes nearby. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are some rooms overlooking an interior patio area that may be interesting
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is not a luxurious hotel by any means, but then again it is not claiming to be ... it classes itself as a comfortable, family friendly location and that is exactly what it seems to be.

We stayed there for one night as part of an Intrepid Tour so not sure what the rate charged was, but as most of the places on our trip were the equivalent of (decent) 2/3 star hotels, I assume it was in the budget range. The rooms were clean, the staff were pleasant, the courtyard was quite nice, and there was free wi-fi. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful if not spectacular.

As others have said, its a bit of a walk to the Medina from here, but that was not a big deal in our opinion. In fact, it is a bit of a trade off ... We preferred the fact that it was only a 5 minute walk from the train station to the hotel on the day of our arrival as we'd rather walk 15/20 minutes to the Medina carrying just a day pack than walk 20 minutes to the hotel with all our luggage !!!

Ultimate test for me is to consider whether I would stay here again and the answer is YES. If I was on a tight budget, and not booking a more expensive, higher star hotel, then I would have no problem booking in here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Located near the train station, easy walking distance with backpacks. However, it is a decent 30 minute walk to the Medina. Clean rooms and en-suite, friendly staff and cheap restaurants nearby,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Room is basic, and decent. It is steps away from the train station and a 5 minute petit taxi ride from the touristic sights in town. My room smelled musty and was cold. My friends were checked into a room with someone else's hairs on their pillow and the towels were damp. The staff apologized and gave her a new room immediately. The showers were good. The room was quite loud in the morning. The breakfast was edible, not really "good"... but for the price I can't really complain. The staff is friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Luang Prabang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Lovely deco and staff, very attentive and our driver Janati Abdelhay was wonderful for the day trip we took to the middle atlas area. The manager Maid spoke perfect English and was a huge help with everything we needed for our visit.Meknes is a wonderful place to visit.
The rooms are very clean and the water hot.

Room Tip: Get a room in the courtyard side
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Majestic? Share your experiences!