Riad Laksiba, a Beautiful Medina Riad in Marrakech

Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night
Rental Home –
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lows E
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“The holiday experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

We were greated at the airport by a lovely mini bus driver who took us to the Riad. Upon arriving at the gates of the medina we were greated by Hamid and Mohamed who led us to the Riad which is hidden away in the middle of where all the locals live. We were advised prior to arriving not to judge a book by its cover, and this was definately the case. The front door does nothing to capture what we would find inside the Riad - a morrocan paradise! On our first evening we were given some mint tea which I left Marakesh being addicted to! We were cooked a meal on the first night and served wine. The nine of us felt like princesses.

Being nine british girls in Marakesh we had some apprension when exploring the city the following day but we were given some great advice which let us relax and enjoy the amazing culture and surroundings. Exploring the back streets and the food is a must have.

As we were on a hen do, we were keen to have one evening out at Pacha Nightclub. Not only did Hamid and Mohamed arrange everything for us, but they accompanied us on the evening, put up with our tipsy behaviour and danced the night away.

My most memorable moment was when myself and three of the girls decided to experience the marakesh square at night and experience the famous market food. Upon returning to the Riad we found that most of the party had gone to bed. Hamid and Mohamed were keen to hear all about our adventure and could see that we were craving some home comforts. They made us mint tea, gave us a selection of movies to watch, projected a move on the wall for us and joined us in munching our way through sweets and laughing our heads off to the funny movie we chose.

I have to say that my experience in the Riad was one of my favourite ever. Customer service was the best I've ever experienced and nothing was too much for the boys. Everything was arranged for us from getting us a can of coke, to arranging taxi's, cooking amazing food, the lovely ladies in the Riad cleaned and cooked for us every day, and helped us in experiencing th real Marrakesh.

Highly recommended and can't wait to return :) Thank you xx

Jun 15, 2013
"Hamid dancing the night away". I should have been there..... Abdelhamid "Hamid" and dancing has to be seen to be experienced! Both Hamid and Adil will be delighted to get a mention on TripAdvisor, as will Nadia and Raja for the hard work they do. We seem to go through purges of Hen Parties and time after time we hear of success. Specific groups and Laksiba seem to be a great combination. Yoga Groups, Hen Parties, Climbing Groups, Fossil Collectors, Marathon Runners, Ambassadors, Musicians, Film Crews, Actors and Writers alike descend on Laksiba; all with different aspirations but all getting the same level of service. A place that caters for individuals to remain anonymous and be themselves. A group of 9 Female travellers has every right to be nervous about visiting an alien culture to their own; the speed that they loose those inhibitions and relax into being themselves and finding the "fun factor" is a true reflection of genuinely caring and dedicated staff, ensuring that any concerns who may arrive with are quickly vanquished. Well done you guys and well done Staff. We look forward to arranging further adventures to Marrakech. Best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
helzabell...
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fab Place, Fab People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

I arranged this for my hen party in March 2013. We hired out the whole of the Riad.There were 9 excited but slightly worried girls going to a country which was unlike anywhere we'd been before. Simon the owner couldnt have been more helpful, answering quite a few of my concerns via email before we went and making me feel at complete ease. He told us about the wonderful culture, the food, places we could visit - he basically give us all the options possible whilst taking into account what we had expected from a hen party. Our transport was all sorted before we got there, we had a chauffer pick us up from the airport and take us to the Riad where we were greeted by Mohammed & Hamid - 2 of the friendliest people you will meet. The Riad itself is out of this world, the detail, the decor, even small things down to the doors were so beautiful. if you are ever travelling to marrakech DO NOT stay in a hotel, the riads are stunning & i couldnt recommend a more beautiful one than Riad Laksiba. The staff are brilliant, Nadia & Raja cooked our breakfast every morning and we ate in on our first night, the food we had was delicious! We got shown around the old town briefly and then made our way every day into the medina (just an easy 20mins walk away). Riad Laskiba is in the perfect place, we also took a day trip to Kasbah Ourika retreat via taxi then camel ride(scary for some-maybe think twice before doing this) ha! And in the evening we partyed until the early hours in Pasha night club (short taxi ride away). We finished our last evening in a fancy resturant in the new town - all arranged by Simon and the other staff perfectly. If you want to experience a bit of morrocan culture then this riad is perfect and beautful and CHEAP! But our holiday wouldnt have been so great if it wasnt for the staff, mohammed & hamid were fantastic hosts and catered to our every need. I am definetly planning a trip back next year, its perfect if your travelling in a big group, in couples or on your own. i really dont think you'd find a better place.Thank you for making my hen party perfect!
Helen Williams
South Wales, UK

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The staff/The decor/The helpfulness before we booked/stayed
Liked least: The pool wasnt in use in March
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
helzabell...
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place with fabulous people”

Helen Williams
South Wales, UK

Jun 15, 2013
Thanks Helen. I am always marginally petrified when asked to organise an Itinerary for Groups on Exclusive Use (especially Hen Parties !). PHEW... I am so pleased that my recommendations lived up to expectations. By all accounts the Staff at Laksiba informed me that it was "a blast" and borderline hilarious on several occasions. Next week I am hosting a group of Public School students who have just finished their GCSE's and A-Levels. Hopefully they'll have "a Blast" too. We are more than looking forward to your visit next year. Love for all of us. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
sylvcarl
Ashford, England, United Kingdom
“We felt like we were missing 2 people from our group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Group of 7 ladies!
Well on arrival we was greeted by Hamid and Adil! We was crying with laughter within about 20 minutes of arrival.

These guys are just fantastic. On our first evening we was so tired we couldn't be bothered to go out and eat, Adil asked if we'd like anything, and brought us some food back to the riad.

We had a meal in on the 3rd night, beautiful tagines, and then played card games, the guys joined us. We had such a laugh.

The riad is lovely but I really think its the staff that make the visit so memorable, when we was out it felt like a couple of the group was missing.

The ladies that come and cook are wonderful too, helpful and like to laugh too.

The staff here are just wonderful. As laughing is my favourite thing, this was a perfect break away with my friends.

5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
Jun 15, 2013
Ha ha... a delightful Review. Adil and Abelhamid could not have received a greater reward than being adopted into your Group. Abdelhamid visits the UK next week. His first venture outside Morocco. He wants to see where all of these eccentric English people live for himself! Thank you for taking my staff "under your wing" during your stay at Riad Laksiba. There is no doubt that working in a Riad is not easy. Maintaining a positive attitude and ensuring that a Guests holiday ambitions meet expectation is a permanent juggling act. Certain Guests offer the Staff a real respite by allowing genuine engagement and light hearted fun. I am very pleased that Laksiba met and exceeded all expectations and I know my Staff were delighted to share in your enjoyment. A big thanks on behalf of all of us. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
lizaj40
nottingham england
“The jewel in the crown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

We visited riad laksiba 21st - 24-april 2013.What can i say other than it was fantastic.The riad itself was very clean and comfortable and situated in a great position within the medina.The staff here all go out of their way to help you (you wouldn't get this in many places) .They gave us maps and contacts and escorted us out on our first night to get our bearings.They also advise you on where's best to shop and places of interest. Breakfast was always served with a smile and was fresh and filling.I would definitely recommend this stunning riad and we will be back.

Traveling group: Family
Jun 15, 2013
Thank you Liza. What a positive Review. I am delighted that you have taken time to share your experience with others. TripAdvisor is a significant "Virtual Guestbook" and you election to write about the various facets of our service towards Guests comfort and enjoyment both inside the Riad and when out and about is a very appreciated commentary. We look forward to your next trip. Best regards Simon. Riad Laksiba
Penny H
Kent
“Feels like a little palace, so peaceful, safe & homely. Within walking distance of so much.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

From the moment we inquired about booking, all our emails were answered straight away and Simon was so helpful. The craftsmanship that has gone into restoring the riad shows and it has lots of little touches around the riad to give it that special Moroccan feel. There were seven of us and we all felt so comfortable there.

We were met at the airport and taken back to the riad, where Abdelhamid explained all about the area and showed us on the map the different attractions and gave us a idea what what we should pay for things, he also walked with us to the main road to show us the way. Whenever we need help he was there, he would happily arrange taxi's for us and walk with us to the gate to wait for the taxi's with us, he would double check the bookings for any day trips, nothing was to much trouble for him. The girls are fantastic cooks, we had two meals during our stay, we all enjoyed the starters and dinners there was no shortage of food.

It was really handy having the honesty bar, the fridge full of soft drinks, wine and beer which saved you having to buy them whilst out. Buying wine & beer in Marrakesh is very hard so having them ready for you at the riad was a blessing after a long day out, you could grab a beer and relax either on the roof terrace or one of the settees.

We booked a trip to Ourika Valley which was a good day out and did the dune buggies which was great fun.

We loved Riad Laksiba, the place felt so special, Abdelhamid and the girls were so happy and willing to help. Marrakesh is a very busy place but this gem of place makes you soon forget that. Great location, about a twenty minute walk to the square, the tombs and palaces are about ten/fifteen minutes walk.

Riad laksiba is located down a small street, where children are happily playing whilst their Mums watch.The men are all sitting outside cafes drinking tea, playing games or just chatting to each other, you get a feel for the real Moroccan life. Everyone seemed really friendly and would greet you and at no point did any of us feel unsafe. In the mornings we would watch the men in the stable opposite wash the horses and prepare them for their day ahead. They would always give you a wave (the men not the horses) You will see lots of cats/kitten in the street playing so if you are a cat lover take food for them. The riad has two lovely tortoises that are really friendly and seem to come out when people are around, one of them loves feet and will follow you around.

Thank you Simon, Abdelhamid and everyone for making our holiday a lovely one. We hope to see you all soon.

Jun 15, 2013
Thank you Penny, this is a super review offering excellent observations. Abdelhamid will be delighted that his efforts have been rewarded with such compliments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the "Urban Tourism" that the immediate vicinity offers and your observations read like the opening of a book that I would thoroughly enjoy reading. Best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
catwoman4...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“'Home from Home'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Have just spent 4 nights at this wonderful riad and am missing it already. Having stepped inside the first time,I felt my stress leaving me (work pressures/queues at passport control/losing the driver/the unfriendly kids in the alleyway who punched me hard on my arm - twice)
However, all was soon forgotten inside the incense laden riad, where we were greeted warmly by Mohamed and Abdelhamid and served mint tea. They both spoke good English and were able to offer us loads of advice and information. Throughout our stay they were extremely helpful, from walking us to the tombs on our first day to assisiting us in arranging a visit to the local orphanage to deliver gifts.
The riad was exactly as I imagined it to be, beautifully decorated and in an ideal location. A tasty and varied breakfast was served whenever we chose it by two lovely ladies.They also cooked us a lovely meal on our first evening.
I have taken away fabulous memories from my time in Marrakesh, not least from Riad Laksiba.
I will return.....Insha'Allah.

5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
Jun 15, 2013
I too hope that you return .....Insha'Allah. Thanks so much for you review. I am delighted that Mohamed and Abdelhamid were excellent hosts during your stay. You are right... their ability to communicate so fluently in English is a major bonus to guests. Looking forward to serving you again in the future. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$36
/ Night
Request to Book
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 26 days ago
Payment Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing