From beginning to end, our stay at this Riad was absolutely wonderful. The room and bathroom were clean and neat, the food exceptional, it is quiet, and a stone's throw way from Djemaa al Fna, Badi Palace, Saadian Toombs, and Palais Bahia.
I understand that this could be a little hard to find on your own, but if you call ahead and make a plan to meet, you will be met and guided to the Riad with no problem. It is down a quiet little alley that is clean and tidy and filled with pot plants.
The Riad seems to have been repainted and changed slightly from the pictures already posted, and we really loved the simple decor that has been so beautifully done, with a gorgeous courtyard with floating curtains, and wrought iron furniture, lots of beautiful plants in planters and pots, many cushions and places to just relax, read, play a game of cards, catch some warm sun.
Breakfast was always delicious, and we had a variety of jams rather than the ususal apricot youget everywhere, including different fruit (like kiwi or strawberries) and lots of gresh coffee. We took the half-board option and very glad we did. The food was absolutely outstanding! Carrot/raisen/corn/cinnamon salad, to strawberries that tasted of roses, kefta that sizzled when it arrived at the table, to nummy couscous dishes. The food really was exceptional, and even though I was a little sad not to explore some of the restaurants in Marrakesh, I dont think we could have eaten so well for the overall price and value of staying at this Riad.
Katherine is great! My french is non-existent, but no problems at all as she was able to converse really well in english, and answered all my questions. She is exceptionally knowledgeable about where to go and what to do, and gives great directions. She helped us with understanding what prices really should be (the gift shop recommendation was perfect), and the little bits of extra info we needed about sights etc. We also got to just chat and indulge my desire for local knowlege! Everyone at the Riad makes you feel welcome and are very helpful. They oganised for laundry to be done too at a very good price.
The room was comfy and clean and cleaned every day without request. It was warm as there was a aircon/heater in our room. Only thing...there needs to be a mat or carpet on the floor, as coming out a hot shower onto cold tiles is not really great. There was space to hang or fold clothes, soap, bedside tables and an extra blanket. The room as long and narrow, not overly spacious, but we were very happy.
I really recommend this Riad to anyone visiting Marrakesh for its safety, proximity to various sights, and the Djemaa, and overall excellent service and value.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Villa Harmonie Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Villa Harmonie Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad "Villa Harmonie” is situated in the heart of the Medina in the Kasbah district, just minutes walk from Jemaa El Fna square and the souks. Near the Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, Saadi Tombs and the new Royal Palace. Access by car nearby. Parking near Free WIFI. 7 NICE ROOMS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Riad Villa Harmonie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.