“Couldn't have asked for better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Shaden

You added Riad Shaden to your Saves list
Riad Shaden
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   222 Derb El Kadi, Bab Ailen, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #167 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Edinburgh
“Couldn't have asked for better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Amongst the hustle and bustle of the vibrant city it was so lovely to stay somewhere where I felt both comfortable and immersed in the culture.
Youssef, Said and the girls made us feel welcome, and it felt much more like staying with family friends than strangers. The rooms are lovely, the outdoor areas are stunning and the team make sure you are fully equipped to navigate your way through the vibrant city, as well as offering excursions. And if you need a swimming pool they'll point you in the right direction.
I would happily recommend Riad Shaden to anyone wanting stay in Marrakech, and will be returning myself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I came to Riad Shaden based on a recommendation from somebody I knew. I can not than that person enough! I had the most amazing time and the whole team really try to make sure you're 100% happy.

We arrived in the morning and were picked up from the airport by Abdul. He chatted all the way to the Riad, pointing out various points of interest and attraction including the fake palm trees to hide telephone poles. We were greeting at the entrance to the alley leading to the Riad by Shona and Youssef. The streets are very narrow so cars can't drive down them. Youssef helped us with our bags. He's the most smiley person I have ever met!

Once we had settled in to our rooms Youssef gave us an introduction to Marrakech. He gave us a map showing how to get to the main square which is a short ten minute walk and also talked us through a few of the excursions that were available.

We headed to the main square immediately as our stay was just a couple of days. We spent the day taking in the culture and visiting a few attractions. The palace gardens were a welcomed break from the heat with its leafy shade.

That evening we visited a restaurant recommended to us by the B&B. it had amazing panoramic views of the city and we watched the sunset.

On our second day we booked an excursion through the B&B. Before we set off Said served us breakfast. He too is an asset to the Riad Shaden team. Always available to help and answer questions. He always waits to ensure guests are back safe at night before leaving.

We booked an excursion to the mountains and Abdul was our guide. We made several stops on the way visiting some amazing places. I picked up some authentic Argan Oil. When we got to the mountains we booked a guide to take us up (they are to be paid separately). I would recommend good footwear and a backpack if you're planning on this excursion. It was challenging but magnificent. The waterfalls were incredible. We ate lunch and then drove back to the Riad with Abdul

That evening we headed to a nearby hotel and enjoyed a glass of wine by their pool. The Riad can arrange a day by a pool for you if you wish.

We were so sad to leave but will be going back and staying at Riad Shaden. I've been recommending it to everybody. I'll also be going back for longer and plan to do an excursion in to the Sahara. I cannot thank Shona, Youssef, Abdul and Said enough for making my holiday so special

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was due to visit Marrakech with friends and we were recommended the Riad Shaden - the trip was perfect from beginning to end and it was all thanks to the team at the Riad Shaden.

Upon our arrival we were met by Abdul who had been arranged by the Rian to collect us. A short trip to the Riad and we were met a short walk away from the Riad by Shona the owner and Yousseff to help us with our bags. Shona explained it was the easiest entrance to avoid people trying to 'help' with our bags.

Once inside the hotel we were served freshly made watermelon juice and given a talk of the town including tips and indications of cost for taxis etc. We were also talked through the excursions and trips available and booked the mountain waterfall day trip. After settling into our room Shona (owner) walked us down to the medina giving us lots of useful tips for restaurants and places to visit as she went and after helping us to change money left us to enjoy the day.

We took some of Rhona's advice to visit the joint museum and ecole before heading down to the jardin de majorelle - all worth a visit to see some of the local culture. We visited the souks and using Shona's tips got some great bargains.

The following day Abdul took us on a trip to the mountains, we dropped off at a few gorgeous photo stops, government plantations, Berber houses and finally beautiful waterfall tour. If you are visiting the waterfalls and planning on doing some of the harder climbs wear some good shoes. You have to pay the guide on top of your tour guide but its worth every penny, there were some challenging point but every level was more breathtaking than the last.

Again Shona walked us down to the medina where we had another fantastic dinner on her recommendation, (try the 7 saints, dejeuner de Marrakech, stall no1, the juice at stall no59) and then for some more bartering.

The impossibly cheerful Yousseff, Said and the girls make your stay so welcoming and Shona very much leads from the front. Gorgeous rooms, food, excursions, transport, advice .... I could go on all day and my only regret was not booking a longer trip.

Fantastic service - fantastic team.

Room Tip: We were cheeky enough to ask for a tour. All the rooms are lovely, individually decorated and give t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My sister and brother in law had stayed here before and it lived up to everything they said about how wonderful a place it was,Youssef,Said & the girls defintely make your stay what it is nothing was too much trouble for them. Done the cookery lesson which was great fun and surprise surprise the food was ediable!! We also done the 3 day trip to the desert with Abdul the guide/driver,his knowledge of Morocco was excellent and he took us to some beautiful places which we would of never seen otherwise. Will defintely will be back again soon!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

From the moment you arrive, the team at Riad Shaden were so warm and welcoming. Youssef and Siad are wonderful. I had lunch at the Riad which was a feast of traditional Moroccan food and was delicious. Youssef was excelling in educating me about aspects of Marrakech. I would definitely recommend a visit to this Riad as I enjoyed my time there immensely!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
clydebank
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

What can I say that has'nt been said already about this wonderful oasis in the middle of the old city,this is our 2nd stay and definitely wont be the last.Even from booking the communication with Shona,the owner left nothing to chance,even down to a hints & tips guide.Upon arrival we were meet by our driver Abdul who we done a few trips with and he was an absolute pleasure as nothing was too trouble for him,he showed us some amazing sights which we would never have seen otherwise.Again the staff at the riad are a credit both to the riad and themselves,they make your stay what it is,AMAZING. I stayed at a hotel last year where their motto was you arrive as guests and leave as friends and this motto definitely applies to Riad Shaden!!!See you all again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at Riad Shaden for a week in early March. I was met at the airport by the driver Abdhul who was charming and spoke excellent English. The Riad was all it claimed to be, the staff who were so willing and helpful kept the Riad in spotless condition and nothing appeared to be too much trouble. Either Youssef or his assistant Siad ( both of whom spoke excellent English) were always in attendance. I also had a cookery lesson - first going shopping with Siad in the area by the Riad. Walking the 15 mins to the main square was interesting as one was in the locals part of town rather than the tourist area. However the first time doing this walk was interesting as one could easily take a wrong turn not that that would really be a problem just a longer walk.

Room Tip: I think that the rooms upstairs would be a little lighter however having said that there was nothing...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Shaden? Share your experiences!