My stay at this hotel had some very good points and some not so good points. I'll summarize here:
1. The owners are very friendly and helpful, especially Anwar who actually became our guide and took us to Jamma Al Fna on the first night and showed us around. He even haggled for us when we brought some items.
2. The hotel arranged a taxi to pick us up from the airport which was also incredibly helpful. We could never had gotten to the riad if it wasn't for this
3. The room had air conditioning.
1. The location is poor. It is too far from Jamma El fna square which is where all the action occurs.
2. The alley way which leads to the Riad is too dark, smells of sewers and is intimidating. There occasionally are a few local men who hang around this area and once asked me for money, when I said no, this caused an argument.
3. Beware: the bathroom/toilet and the main bedroom are all in one! i.e there is no door on the toilet. I am newly married so can you imagine how embarrasing that can be? Apparently all the rooms have this which is shocking for a 5 star place.
4. Do not get the meal on the first night. It is 40 euros which is far too much! You can easily go to a nice restaurant near Jamma El Fna for 120 dirhams(about £12).
5. I hate cats and the Riad is full of them. Even when I told them that they bother me, nothing was done.
This is not a five star hotel, more like 3 stars.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Ta`Achchaqa Hotel
- Riad Ta`Achchaqa Hotel Marrakech
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Venere, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Riad Ta'achchaqa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.