“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Sunderland
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I arranged a 6 night stay as a suprise present for my husband and wanted it to be a trip he would never forget. I spent hours looking at other Riads and I am so pleased I chose Riad Mur Akush. We had the best holiday we have ever had. Maria helped me plan it, giving me ideas for trips and arranging airport transfers and a meal for our arrival. Her advise was so helpful and having everything organised before we left meant that when we arrived we could just get on with enjoying our holiday.
We were met at the airport by Hussain who pointed out things of interest on our journey to the Riad. He, like everyone connected with the Riad, made us feel so welcome. We were delighted that we got to meet him again when he took us back to the airport at the end of our stay.
I cant put into words how beautiful the Riad is. Our room on the top floor was wonderful with a sleeping area, sitting room and the biggest bathroom I have ever had. We arrived late and the Riad was all lit up looking so pretty. We got such a warm welcome from Mohamed and Rachid who are just the loveliest people you could meet. They had an amazing meal waiting for us and eating it in the court yard was magical. They made us feel at home straight away. You wont find better hosts anywhere.They look after everyone so well making sure they have everything they need.

Breakfast was always yummy. My fave was when we got cake! Mohamed made sure we had all the coffee we could drink and knew just when we needed a new pot!
On our first morning Mohamed gave us a map and pointed out places of interest and showed us how to get where we wanted to go.Thanks to him we never got lost.
The Riad is in a great location. Just a ten minute walk from the Square .it is next to the Bab Doukkala Mosque so is easy to find. The call to prayer did wake us on the first day but after that we slept through it. There are 2 terraces and the court yard, all great places to sit and relax after a days shopping and sight seeing.Mohamed and Rachid were always happy to make us coffee when we got back to the Riad. The views from the roof terrace were amazing and sitting there listening to the calls to prayer was one of my favourite experiences of the holiday.
We had a day trip to Essaouira on the bus and a day trip to the mountains arranged through the Riad. Both were days out we will never forget and ones we would recommend.
Eating out was so cheap. There are lots of great places near the Riad, including a Moroccan fish and chip shop. There is a little booklet in the room which gives details of places to eat and it was really useful.
We were made so welcome by Mohamed and Rachid that we didnt want to leave! Saying goodbye was very hard. We will definately be returning to Marrakech and to Riad Mur Akush and to the wonderful friends we made

Room Tip: Grand Suite Amel is the most private room in the Riad and is very spacious
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello and thank you for your lovely review. It is so good to know that you had such a wonderful holiday with us at such a special time!
We loved taking care of you and I am so happy that you got to do everything you wanted in the time you were here. I am glad you loved our food, it is made using the best ingredients and our cook cooks exclusively for you, to make sure it is all fresh and cooked with care.
I hope that you will visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for your kind words, Mohammed and Rachid are indeed wonderful people and they are also sending their thanks and smiles! Take care and all the best, Maria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

There are many positives about this Riad but what stood out for us was the staff. Mohamed was friendly and attentive from the moment we arrived and we were genuinely sad to leave after our four night stay here.

The location was great. It is near to the Bab Doukkala mosque so very easy to locate. We liked that the area seemed to be a busy neighbourhood with lots of locals going about their daily business, but it is only a ten minute or so walk to the main tourist attractions if that is what you want to see.

The riad itself was a little haven of tranquility within the walled city which is quite hectic! We stayed in the Meli room which was beautiful. It was clean, comfortable and decorated with a lovely Moroccan style. My favourite part would have to be the roof terrace where we enjoyed breakfast in the sun.

The call to prayer will wake you up - but if this bothers you you may want to consider why you are going to Marrakesh in the first place?! It is part of the culture and to be expected when you are staying in the Medina. We were so tired from our days exploring that we would fall straight back to sleep anyway.

Our stay here was topped off by a very romantic proposal on the roof terrace on our last night. Mohammed had been part of the planning and helped make it a very special night indeed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for lovely review and your kind words. I am very happy that you had a good stay with us and you enjoyed the house and what it offers.
I am so happy for your last night's proposal and I hope that you will always look back at your stay with us with a smile. It was wonderful talking care of you!
All the best for a great future together and I hope you will return to us again, maybe on your 1st anniversary?
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Rashid and Mohd were very pleasant and helpful.

Rashid helped us with directions, gave us pointers on the must-do and see in the medina, and his recommended public hammam gave myself and my friend a really unique experience. I definitely would suggest trying out the public hammam where locals go to for a real treat. I am very finicky about spas and the experience I have had at the nearby hammam proved eye-opening and addictive (I swear I wanted to do it again the next day).

The resident chef, Mohammed, was also very helpful to us and we signed up for a cooking lesson to cap our stay. The lamb tajine that we prepared that late afternoon for our dinner was so sumptuous! We couldn't ask for more. Kudos to the chef!

Rashid has his funny side and loves to joke.

Do be lighthearted with them as they are really so friendly.

As it was very cold, we hardly enjoyed the rooftop facility...you can lounge there, grab a beer in the evening or just simply gaze on the blue skies with the Atlas Mountains defining in the horizon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your lovely and detailed review. I am glad that you had a good stay with us and that Mohamed, Rachid were so helpful and knowledgeable during your stay. They do love talking to our guests and they know more or less everything there is to know about Marrakech!
Mohamed, our chef, is also fantastic, he loved reading your comments.
Louth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Riad Mur Akush hotel in Marrakech has just 6 rooms and if you are travelling in a party of 12, then you can have the entire hotel to yourselves. The hotel is located right in the heart of Marrakech and is close to Koutoubia Mosque. The breakfast is free which is normally continental. You can order Moroccan fare in advance and you should feel happy at the service rendered. The guests can have a choice of venue for their lunch or dinner – the patio, the roof top or the room. The rooms are styled in Moroccan architecture. The bathrooms are private and feature bath/shower and free toiletries. If you like some of the food, then the hotel arranges for cooking classes during your stay, so you can try the cooking back home. The place offers high speed Internet access free. The hotel also arranges for short tours and airport shuttles, if required.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello and thank you for your lovely review! I am so pleased that you had a good stay with us and you are right, Riad Mur Akush is indeed ideal for a group. We hope to hear from you again, all the best for now, Maria
Eastbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We can't really fault our stay at Riad Mur Akush. They arranged for us to be collected at the airport and we had a lovely authentic pre ordered chicken tajine on our first evening, even getting a cake and candles for our 9 year old son's birthday. The Riad is traditional and gave a great feel to our first visit to Marrakech. The breakfasts were excellent and Rashid and the other staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Many thanks for a great stay.
The Mullins family, Sussex, UK

• Stayed January 2014
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, it much appreciated!
It was a pleasure taking care of your lovely family and we hope that your little one will remember his special birthday with a smile. Thank you and I hope to hear from you again in the future.
Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We just came back from 7 day holiday in Morocco and we spent 7 days in this Riad. One of the main reasons that this Riad won me over is the the hospitality of the staff. Mohamed was always there to help, even when we had an early rise for a tour he made sure a good hearty breakfast was ready for us. Rashid was also helpful in answering all our questions and pointing us in the right direction as well as making us feel comfortable. We were always greeted with big genuine smiles. The ladies were also great, the cook always served a delicious breakfast - my favorite being the Msamen! Most Riads are hidden within the alleyways but Mur Akush is easily located both by foot and taxi using Bab Doukala Mosque as a landmark. There's a hamman just around the corner which is convenient, they offer packages for full body massages with hamam treatment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I would like to thank you for all your kind words. It really means a lot to us that you had a great stay with us and to me personally for all the great communication.
I hope that we will hear from you again and thank you once again for your time and input.
Regards,
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a family vacation in Marrakech and stayed at this hotel. They provided our transportation from the airport to the hotel and received us with an outstanding traditional dinner. All staff members are very kind and helpful. The place is beautiful and comfortable. Excellent choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MurAkush, Owner at Riad Mur Akush, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It was lovely having you and your family stay with us and I am so glad that you had a good stay with us. I really appreciate your good comments, thank you. Maria

Been to Riad Mur Akush? Share your experiences!