“Charming and Perfect in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Miski
6, derb Abdelouassaa | Ben Saleh, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #35 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
San Francisco, California
“Charming and Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at this charming Riad in the heart of Marrakech. The crew was superb. The owners were very friendly, flexible and accommodating and very soon after we became part of their small family. Although I received a very sad news from home they all did their utmost best with their kindness to make me feel at home. The breakfast and cocktail on the roof top was unique and pleasant. They were very patient and helpful in helping us choose sights to visit and providing transportation and drivers which facilitate our visits. I can't wait to revisit for more pleasant and relaxing experience. Merci Christine et Francis.
Shirin T.

Room Tip: I had an upper level room and was delightful.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

On arriving at Riad Miski we were met by one of the owners, Christine. We were first shown to our room which is charming, with its beautiful windows and fabulous bathroom hidden behind a cupboard door. After a quick freshening up we went up to the roof terrace where we sat down with Christine and she talked us through a map of the city: where to go, where to eat, what are the important sites if you only have a few days, etc. This information was invaluable as at most hotels/guesthouses you may be given a city map if you are lucky but to have the information personally tailored makes the experience much more memorable.

The riad offers a series of packages to include a meal, hammam, massage, trip to the mountains and even cookery lessons. These are all arranged by the raid directly, again providing the more personal touch. We opted to take a package that included a meal, trip to the Atlas mountains, massage and hammam.

We had our meal on the first night and it was delicious. The trip to the Atlas mountains was private, just myself and my partner, along with the guide and the driver. We stopped at a traditional market on the way to the mountains which was a pretty amazing experience with all the fresh fruit, animals, local doctors... It really is a sight to behold! However if you are vegetarian I would suggest you stay away from the meat section of the market! After the market we continued up into the mountains, stopped the car and walked with José, our Berber guide (who spoke excellent English, taught to him by travelling hippies in the 60’s, he tells us!) to a house in one of the Berber villages and here we were invited into a local family’s house where they gave us tea and cooked us a tagine lunch. It was a truly humbling experience to eat with a real Berber family, rather than just photographing their village from the other side of the valley as was the case offered by many other tour operators. I would certainly recommend this experience.

The hammam and massage were great and it is unbelievable how much skin comes of your body after a good scrub in a hammam! That said, you are left with incredibly soft skin and the massage left me feeling extremely relaxed and I slept like a baby that night, though this is not hard as the riad remains remarkably quiet at night, regardless of the bustle in the city!

Breakfast was provided on the roof terrace daily and each day it was different. The meal itself was always well balanced with fresh fruit and fruit juices.

All the staff at the riad are extremely helpful and I would recommend this riad to anyone looking to stay in Marrakech. Christine and her husband Francis are fabulous hosts and in the evenings and mornings, Youssef was always on hand to help, answer questions or just engage in a friendly chat (as well as usually serving breakfast!). We would not hesitate to go back there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

In Februari my girlfriend & me stayed at this superb Riad. Marrakech is a lively place, but this place was realy like a haven to us. We stayed 3 nights, did a road trip for a couple of days, and even decided to come back afterwards for another 3 nights of marrakech.
Both the owners (a friendly & helpful French couple - christine gave us so much insights & tips on marrakech) and the staff made us feel right at home.
Youssef is one of the most friendly, helpful and above all honest and beautifull person I ever met. and he's always in for a laugh, good fun :-)
And not to forget the food! The cook is wonderfull, if you can do some cooking lessons here, we highly recommend it!
All in all, highly recommended

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
sue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I recently stayed in Riad Miski for four days. We loved the room which was large with a lovely bathroom and quiet and cool. The Riad is beautifully restored and breakfasts are very tasty with plenty of variety. Christine is a fabulous help with shopping and took us several times to various parts of the medina so that we could compare quality and prices for various things. Youssef is also a great help and always on hand to help with suggestions about places to eat and where to go. He can also serenade you with his handmade musical stringed instrument! Raji is also gorgeous and always smiling and happy. She would see us arrive back from a day out siteseeing or shopping hot and tired and appear magically with some cold water for us. A real gem!
The time we spent in Marrakesh was fabulous because of these wonderful helpful people. It's certainly a great place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We arrived here after an early morning flight and smoothly arranged taxi ride. The medina is a real rabbit warren so it is worth asking the riad to arrange transfer from the airport. We were greeted by Yussuf who has impecable manners and a wonderfully calm nature. He immediately made us feel comfortable and is a great amdassador for the Moroccan people. He poured us our first glasses of mint tea (a big hit) and showed us how to get to into the square and where to visit. Marrakech is an old town and the riad is a short walk from the main square but it is not difficult to find if you follow Yussuf's instructions and map. Nothing seemed to be too much of a problem for any of the friendly staff. Our ground floor room was pleasant, the courtyyard calm and peaceful and the terrace a great place for breakfast. Christine, the owner, is very friendly and has put together a great team at Riad Miski. It was a great place to start our first, but hopefully not last trip, to Marrakech.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I will admit we were a little shocked as we were driven to the neighborhood to find the Riad. And we were more shocked as we exited the cab and walked down narrow decrepit streets, dodging motorcycles. But we found a perfect oasis in Riad Miski. It is quite a few blocks from the square and the Soucks, but we soon grew to love the character of the neighborhood and the streets, and dodging motorcycles.

Christine is the owner of this Riad. She bought the Riad and moved from France some years ago. She had written me via e-mail as soon as I booked the room, which I did after reading Trip Adviser. She spent a lot of time with us, showing us the city, and even taking us to complicated locations.

The room was spacious and perfect. This is like an inn in the U.S., with only six rooms, and a lot of open common areas.

The food is beyond magnificent. It's definitely worth it to pay for dinners right there, because Raja is a 5 star chef. Have the chicken cooked in the clay pot with lemon. And the appetizers. I'm telling you, I'd return just for the gourmet food.

The Riad Miski also offers a tour into the Atlas Mountains with a guide named Halib. It is very, very worth it. But be prepared to walk for an hour into a village in the mountains that isn't accessible by car, have Halib and the owner of the house cook the most magnificent tea you've ever had, and then eat the most magnificent meal. Then be prepared to walk for an hour back to the car. Don't miss that.

Besides Christine and Raja, Radia and others, who clean the rooms, etc., there is the manager, Youssef, a 24 year old native. Youssef takes care of everything, getting up early to feed you if you have to leave early, serving dinner, etc. etc. All of these people are kind, helpful, and superb in every way.

The overall experience is a bit rustic, although the Riad itself is not. But I would never stay anyplace else in Marakesh.

See their site at http://www.riadmiski.com/bienvenue-riad-miski-marrakech. If links don't work, click on the site view at the bottom

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed in literally thousands of hotels around the world, yet admittedly, my first stay in a Riad. My hosts Christine and her husband who are from France were impeccable hosts and their staff just the same. Yusuf who is the man to go to about anything you need at the hotel is courteous, helpful and such a wonderful person. All staff share this common zest for life and positivity that is highly contagious. The rooms are comfortable and meet the basic requirements for a few nights in this eclectic city. The breakfast is different every morning and the location on the terrace is superb. I love eggs made fresh and to your needs and Yusuf made them perfectly! I will surely return

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Riad Miski? Share your experiences!