“absolutely wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 490 Hotels in Marrakech
Seattle, Washington
“absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

A peaceful oasis after a busy day in Medina. Friend and I very much enjoyed our stay. Staff is friendly and helpful, surroundings are gorgeous, view from rooftop is something and for those who easily get lost in Morocco's Medinas, the location is convenient and relatively easy to find.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

marrakesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've been living in Marrakesh for two years and am leaving soon for good. I wanted to learn how to cook a few of my favorite Moroccan dishes and also have a private hammam. Riad Miski came highly recommended, and both experiences were just great.
First, the riad is beautiful. I drank mint tea in the white-arched courtyard and could hear nothing but the rustle of hot-pink bougainvillea leaves as they blew across the tile. Raja is a calm and encouraging teacher who even saved me from getting hit by a donkey cart while we shopped for ingredients. Thank you, Raja! I was particularly happy with the zaalouk we made--her recipe for this eggplant dip is my favorite.
I've had several hammam experiences in Marrakesh, and the one at Riad Miski was the best. The facilities are simple, clean and lovely, and they're on the roof, so when you're finished you can relax in the open air of the rooftop garden. Souad, my scrubber and masseuse, was excellent. Many Moroccans scrub too hard for my taste, but Souad's pressure was just right and her massage techniques were varied and highly skilled. I can't say enough good things about the services I received at Riad Miski. I only wish I didn't live here so I could have spent the night!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank liz s
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful 3-night stay in Riad Miski and I would highly recommend a visit to anyone that asks. After trekking in the Atlas Mountains for four days, returning to this riad in the city was such a refreshing, relaxing experience. Christine and her husband and staff were extremely welcoming and accommodating (even joining us for a little chess!). We found the location to be perfect and the riad was such a quiet, calm retreat from the nearby busy streets. I especially enjoyed the lovely lovely terrace, which is furnished with tables and lounge chairs - perfect for enjoying some afternoon mint tea and re-energizing to head back out to the souks. Although the tagine cooking in Morocco is delicious, another small detail that improved our stay was that when we arrived Christine offered use of the riad's refrigerator and plates and utensils in case we wanted to have a few picnic meals during our stay. This proved a welcome alternative for a few lunches and a nice break from eating out.

1 Thank Amelia C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a fantastic morning/early afternoon cooking with the lovely Riad chef here. It was 45euros per person, and we went shopping with the chef round the souks in the morning. We then cooked 3 starters, 2 mains and a desert with the English speaking chef and ate it all at the end. Such a fantastic experience - wonderful people, great food, a real bargain and a gorgeous Riad. Can not rate this highly enough!! We didn't stay at the Riad but it looked beautiful and tranquil. One of the highlights of our holiday.

1 Thank CarolineHackElkins
Pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Riad Miski is located a bit outside the touristed parts of Marrakech, but still within the Medina and easy walking distance to attractions. The english/french speaking owner Christine and her staff were all very accommodating, sharing advice on where to visit, eat meals, and experience the life of Marrakech. The riad is tranquil and quiet inside, even though it is close to busy parts of town. The neighborhood is filled with craftsmen working on decorative carpentry. Breakfast is served on rooftop terrace overlooking the city, and differs each day.

Rooms are oddly shaped, long and narrow, as is the style of a traditional riad. Even though this makes the room a bit small, it is fun and pleasant to spend time in the courtyard and terrace. Staying here feels like being part of a family.

I highly recommend Riad Miski.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My friend and I had a really excellent stay at Riad Miski; from the moment we arrived Christine and the team were friendly and accommodating and the relaxed atmosphere was a perfect compliment to the bustling streets of the Medina. Beautiful rooms, great cooking lesson and would wholly recommend the hammam and massage. Also don't miss the breakfast - a different choice of bread/pancake every day and fresh peach/orange/melon/banana juice.

Its a 10 minute walk to the main square through a slightly less touristy bit of the Medina - Christine will give you a map with directions. She also booked our airport transfers and helped us organise a trip to the Cascades D'Ouzoud. All in all we felt very well looked after and would definitely recommend it - an oasis of calm in Marrakech!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed for 5 days at the Riad Miski in Marrakech in April. It was a particularly hot April with temperatures reaching 38C but there was air conditioning in the room, which worked. The staff and the owner, Christine of the Riad are extremely helpful and friendly. They organised airport pickup and delivery, the also booked a trip for us to see one small valley within the Atlas mountains. After we arrived we were given a map of Marrakech and Christine explained how to find our way around and recommended a few restaurants. The food in the Riad was amazing. We only had one dinner there but it was miles better than what we were served out in the restaurants of the city. Another couple in the small riad ate in every day (maybe it was not their first time there?). The Riad is beautifully presented and very close to the souks and the central square. The only slight downside is that the bed is the hardest thing I have ever tried to sleep on. I slept on the sofa instead (which was slightly softer). Around 5.30 am every morning the muezzin wakes the resident bird (similar to a sparrow) which lives in the riad and it started chirping, which echoes through the centre of the riad and will wake you up. So the holiday was not as restful as we had hoped but it is nevertheless a nice, central and decent location to stay in Marrakech.

Room Tip: 4 rooms are on the first floor and are nice, airy and bright compared to two rooms which are on the...