“An oasis of calm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 470 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“An oasis of calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Riad Miski is just lovely. Christine and her team are incredibly helpful - nothing is too much trouble. Christine provided us with all the information we needed to get around the Medina without getting too lost. We did the cookery lesson, day trip and the Hamman - all of which were great experiences. We loved the hustle and bustle of the Medina but it was always a pleasure to return to the peace and calm of Riad Miski.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here in March 2013 for 5 nights and were first welcomed with beers, olives, and instantly upgraded to a more expensive first floor room as the previous guests had left.

Yousaf, the porter, seemed to be on duty constantly and was there to help us whenever we needed - he also booked a restaurant for us and walked us to the door so that we didn't get lost!

Our friend who came to visit us was also welcomed into the Riad for drinks, even though he was staying elsewhere.

My partner enjoyed the cooking class very much, and I enjoyed eating the result - although pricing structures are a little confusing if you plan to cook then eat.

Overall we had a fantastic time and would most definitely return given the opportunity. I would recommend this Riad to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Riad Miski recently. Christine, Fancis and the rest of the team could not have made us more welcome. We had never stayed in a riad before so we were not entirely sure what to expect but when we got there it was like stepping into a private home with all of the benefits of a hotel. Our room was lovely, the atmosphere relaxing and quite, good food and the central location made for an excellent experience. I will definitely recommend this riad to our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've just realised we've not left a review of our wonderful stay last year at the Riad. It was our first time in Marrakech and let me say: it won't be the last.

The riad is lovely, our room was stunning. Christine is amazing and even though I managed to mess up our return date, she was gracious and I'm utterly grateful to her for that.

The staff on hand were great and really, I don't think we could have had a better time. In fact, I'm looking at dates again for this year.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Baia Rose and I became addicted to dozing on the small couch in the late afternoon...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in March 2012 having read rave reviews. Riad Miski did not disappoint. It is a beautiful, calm building, centrally located, and very competitively priced. The staff were all fantastic, polite, and made us feel very at home.
The Riad itself runs activities, Hammam sessions, cooking classes run by the Riads own chef, and excursions.
We were fortunate enough to be arriving on the evening of Christine's (the owner) birthday and were welcomed with a feast, Moroccan wine, native music and dancing, all within the beautiful atrium of the Riad.

Marrakesh itself is a busy place with narrow, winding streets full of people (and mopeds). Whilst this is part of the charm of Marrakesh it is important to have a quiet, calm space to relax in.
I can recommend Riad Miski whole-heartedly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyreso, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were a group of friends and family (all ages) that stayed at Riad Miski to celebrate my birthday. Christine and Francis and their staff went out of their their way to make us feel at home. They gave us tips about Marrakech, helped us book guided tours and restaurants, and spent hours showing us the souks. The riad is beautiful, clean with nice rooms and bathrooms, lovely roof terrace where we had breakfast every day. Christine and Francis also arranged my birthday party in the Riad with marockan dinner (best food we had in Marrakech!), musicians and belly dancing, a magic evening! We also tried their hamam and massage, recommended.
This was my second time staying at Riad Miski, and I enjoyed it even more this time. It is a lovely riad, an oasis in the Medina!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in January and we loved it! We booked the Mini Miski package for our first night there, so after the plane ride we were picked up at the airport and taken to the Riad. Christine sat down with us and walked us through all the great things to do and see, gave us a wonderful map, and told us what a good price would be for several things we wanted to do (helpful to know when bartering.) After that we had a hammam and massage at the riad. We also went to a fancy spa for a hammam and massage, but the one from the riad was much better. I wish we would have saved our money and just booked a second one at the riad! We had our best meal in Morocco that night at the riad, be sure to eat dinner there at least once. If you need a taxi anywhere just tell Christine or Youssef and they will arrange it for you. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Miski? Share your experiences!