“yum” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #271 of 577 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan, Thai
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Street Food
Description: Open since August 2004, Narwama has become an address not too be missed, where your dinner experience will be turned into a fairy tale. Narwama literally means "Fire & Water", the fusion with arts and culture, where amazing experiences and magic evenings are set in a palace, classified world heritage by the UNESCO. Unique Thai restaurant in Marrakesh, the 2 Thai chefs elaborates an authentic cuisine with ingredients that are directly imported from Bangkok. Narwama also offers an array of refined and subtle Moroccan specialties. The fusion is daring but we have to admit it the result is unbelievable. More than what is already said, the lounge bar atmosphere is intoxicating, joined by fusion music and delicious house cocktails. Daily entertainments and art performances from artists around the world, Narwama will take you to Wonderland!
Boston, Massachusetts
“yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

fabulous fabulous fabulous. I was on a movie set and the main actress. My job was only to enjoy the great wine and amazing food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Derbyshire
“superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident and because it looked fabulous we decided to eat there. We both had food off the Thai menu and it was superb. It was slightly dearer than a lot of restaurants in Marrakech ( we paid 800 dirhams, approx £60 ) but we did have drinks and it was well worth it. The only shame was that there weren't many people in but then we did go in the winter and it was tucked away off a main street.

Visited January 2013
Manchester
“Amazing setting and great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

After eating on more local food during our stay, we were keen to eat something a little different and Narwama didn't disappoint. The setting - in a wonderful courtyard - was incredible and without wanting to resort to cliche, had the air of a film set about it. The food was authentically Thai with the Pad Thai being especially tasty. We ate relatively early and the service was slightly slow then - basically because there was one poor waiter who had to serve a good dozen tables - so I can imagine perhaps later on this might become more of a problem. But for a change from the tagine and to eat in a spectacular setting, I heartily recommend Narwama.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bolton, Canada
“It was Empty - But the Food was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went on a Monday evening - and maybe that is why - but the place was empty.
The food was terrific. Very flavourful, and plentiful. There is a large Water / Fire feature in the main dining area - which is in a covered courtyard. The garnishing vegetables were cut and carved into intricate flowers and shapes!
This was a delightful meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Please don't go to this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hello everyone! Well this is my first trip advisor review and I hope it helps people out there to avoid this place.

My boyfriend and I stopped in there for some cocktails after a night at the market. The decor was stunning but the restaurant and bar were almost empty. This should have been our first clue that something was wrong.

I am sure that I was served the most disgusting over priced martini I have ever had. It was obviously watered down with local water and filled with sweet vermouth. It is rare that I can't tolerate a badly made drink but this was an exception. We started feeling uncomfortable in the empty space and I didn't want to risk another drink so we asked for the bill. 250D for 2 terrible drinks and some water. I can't get over it. This is truly a rip off and the staff were completely useless and untrained to make even a simple drink. All we wanted was an hour or so to relax together and unwind at the end of the night and instead I ended up with a slightly upset stomach in the morning that I imagine came from the sketchy water.

Please don't go there. It could really mess up a nice evening in Marrakech.

• Visited October 2012