“Please don't go to this place.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #274 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Street Food
Description: thai just as good as in thailande and the finest moroccan foodlounge bar wonderfull cocktails shisha bar and music music ...you will not beleave it all this in ONESCO world HERITAGE PALACE
Montreal, Canada
“Please don't go to this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hello everyone! Well this is my first trip advisor review and I hope it helps people out there to avoid this place.

My boyfriend and I stopped in there for some cocktails after a night at the market. The decor was stunning but the restaurant and bar were almost empty. This should have been our first clue that something was wrong.

I am sure that I was served the most disgusting over priced martini I have ever had. It was obviously watered down with local water and filled with sweet vermouth. It is rare that I can't tolerate a badly made drink but this was an exception. We started feeling uncomfortable in the empty space and I didn't want to risk another drink so we asked for the bill. 250D for 2 terrible drinks and some water. I can't get over it. This is truly a rip off and the staff were completely useless and untrained to make even a simple drink. All we wanted was an hour or so to relax together and unwind at the end of the night and instead I ended up with a slightly upset stomach in the morning that I imagine came from the sketchy water.

Please don't go there. It could really mess up a nice evening in Marrakech.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

53% Recommend
manchester
“Unusual find and fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is certainly different to anywhere I have eaten before - Moroccan and Thai food on the same menu somehow works and means there really is something for everyone!

This place is hidden away (it took a few attempts to find but then a helpful member of staff guided us down the last bit, down to the actual restaurant) not far from the main square in Marrakech and is a whole word away from the hustle and bustle of the street vendors/stalls there. I haven't been to Thailand but they definitely made an effort with their decor and it seemed quite authentic: amazing statues, booths, decorations and last but not certainly least, chandeliers! There is also of course the fire/water fountain which the restaurant is named after and is great fun, adding a different dimension to the experience. As does the fact that half of the restaurant is openair - perfect on a warm Moroccan evening.

I had the Moroccan salad to start followed by pad thai. The salad was yummy but there was definitely enough for 2 people at least so sharing should be encouraged! The pad thai wasn't bad either. Wine was freely available (something we struggled with in other places in the city), reasonable and very nice!

The group I was with (4 ladies) was a little concerned we were copping out by having Thai food in Marrakech but the combination of cuisines and unusual setting meant we knew we had made the right choice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

A friend and I had a lovely dinner here one of our nights in Marrakech, it is a large beautiful restaurant, very atmospheric and the food was delicious, just a little pricey.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Wow what a discovery!!! This place is beautiful and the food is gorgeous we had a great evening here for my birthday. I agree with other reviews that it is tucked away and not many people will know about it as hard to find. We were recommend and shown to this restaurant by the manager of our Riad. It was not that busy at all but we did not mind as we had a great time, highly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A great spot, tucked quietly away behind the Jmaa el Fna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The only thing that made no sense to us was how few people were in the place - it is tucked away down a small alley just set back from the square, but if you persevere beyond the odd entrance, you are in for a real treat. The restaurant is set in one of the lovlier (and larger) riads that we visited, and has been lavishly decorated. The staff are friendly and attentive, and combined with the excellent food (we stuck to the moroccan dishes), the place had a real air of luxury. The music was picked just right to fit the gently-lit ambience. Make sure you check out the opulent bar, complete with statues and overly large 'tusks', and take the chance to relax on the day beds between courses.

Visited August 2012