“Al Fassia - The Sequel ;0)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Milton Keynes, UK
“Al Fassia - The Sequel ;0)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my second visit to Marrakech and I knew that I just had to go back to Al Fassia after enjoying a fabulous meal on my previous visit.

Last time, I dined alone, but this time I was in Marrakech with a 'Foodie' friend and I knew that he would love Al Fassia so I booked in advance for lunch on our first day. I'd enjoyed the 'Assortment of Salads' starter before and I was determined to try something else from the menu so I ordered the Pigeon Pastilla and strongly recommended the salads to Ian. However, as soon as the 14 dishes of salads arrived, I coveted them! Serious food envy! I quickly suggested that we share our starters and so we had a blissful beginning to our meal. The Pigeon Pastilla melted in the mouth and the salads were every bit a good as I remembered - a superb respresentation of Morrocan cuisine, showing the wonders the chefs can do with a simple vegetable.

For our second course, Ian chose a couscous with mixed meats and I chose the Chicken Tagine with Lemon & Olives. The dishes were plentiful and delicious, served with good bread for dunking. We had dessert (though I honestly don't remember what!) and we washed it all down with a very nice French rose wine and left feeling fully replete and a little sleepy, paying around 800 dh ( £61 / 72 EUR ) including a tip.

The service was good and well-paced and we found the staff friendly, although we ordered in broken French because they spoke little English apart from the Receptionist. When our Saturday evening plans fell through, we attempted to book a table at Al Fassia again but to no avail. It's hardly surprising that a restaurant of this standard is full on a Saturday evening. Book early!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
London
“Authentic Local Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We recently ate at Al Fassia in Marrakech and were delighted by the delicious local cuisine and friendly service. As a starter we had a selection of traditional salads which could have been a main course in itself! At least 10 tapas-sized salads which included the most delicious aubergine I ever tasted! I would definitely recommend trying this as it gives you a wide variety of local foods to taste and are perfect for sharing. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed and laid back. This restaurant is a true gem if you are looking for authentic, aromatic and hearty local food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Authentic, tasty food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Tucked off the street, at first glance you might walk past this restaurant. But you would be sorely missing out on the Moroccan delights it has to offer. An a la carte restaurant at a reasonable price. The food is traditional, authentic and flavoursome. Offering a light, airy interior for you to sit back and relax. I went there for a birthday meal and enjoyed succulent lamb tagine that fell off the bone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Moroccan dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were reccomend al Fassia by our Raid manager and a friend . It is run by women only except the door man . The portion sizes are generous ,nice wine and the staff were efficient and friendly . I would highly recommend the Pigeon Bastille to share as an entree .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Do not Miss this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Echoe all the reviews food was superb as were the staff. Not cheap but then Marrakesh is not as cheap as the guide books make out - if you like decent food. Had a bit if a blow out 1000 D f for three course having said that the red wine was 300 D - local carbebet very palatable. Great experience would certainly go back. - very busy local in crowd seem to like it - we got in without booking but others were turned away - sugged you find it one day & book for next day - or just take a chance en shalhah - Enjoy