“relaxing place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Bamaga

Save Saved
You added Riad Bamaga to your Saves list
Riad Bamaga
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   86, derb Sidi Bouamar | Riad Lâarouss, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #74 of 1,065 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Montepulciano, Italy
“relaxing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I really enjoyed staying in this riad with its green courtyard, huge terrace and big rooms made our stay very comfortable. Attentive and helpfull staff was always there when you need it, to help with directions, advise or book a taxi.
I particulary liked our big room with livingroom area, big bathroom and ac.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I greatly enjoyed staying in this riad. Not only the beautiful rooms, but what made it special was the warm welcome, help and care of the owners, Colette and Jean-Jacques. They made our stay to a delightful and it felt really like coming home. French charm, Arabic hospitality and refined taste : all in one. In the morning breakfast on the roof terrace with little colourful birds singing and the whispering of a fountain in the court yard. Hard to imagine a better place to start and come back to in Marrakech. Highly recommended !
Malou Nozeman
Amsterdam-The Netherlands

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Riad is traditional and fabulous. The food is as good as, if not better than, any we experienced elsewhere. But above all of that you could not equal the welcome and friendliness you get from Collette, jean-Jacques and the staff.

I've stayed at Bamaga twice now and cannot recommend it more highly.

Apart from the friendliness of the owners their help in planning excursions and recommendations of where to go enhanced the whole experience of Marrakesh.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 2 different rooms. They are all spacious and clean and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I very much enjoyed staying at Riad Bamaga. It has a beautiful courtyard, excellent roof terrace, nice big rooms, and was very clean and pleasant. After three days of hiking in the Atlas mountains it was pure luxury! The breakfast was delicious, with fresh orange juice, coffee, eggs, wonderful jams, and I really appreciated the way they provided some alternative bread as I can't eat wheat. It's about a 15 min walk to the main square, easy with the riad's good map, and I appreciated not being based right in the middle of the touristy section. Wish I was there now!

Room Tip: I stayed on both the ground and first floor, which were equally good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Riad Bamaga was an exceptional place to stay in Marrakech. We stayed here in January 2012. It is run by Colette and Jean-Jacques, a lovely and caring french couple. They arranged a car to pick us up at the airport and met us at the drop off point to walk us the rest of the way to the Riad. They sat with us on our first day to give us maps, written directions to all the sites and all sorts of helpful hints. They also arranged our cooking school excursion (Faim d'epices). Colette and Jean-Jacques really, really care about making their guests comfortable and welcome.

We had an absolutely delicious chicken, olive and preserved lemon tagine on our first night. Our room was elegantly decorated in the local tradition. It was spacious with a big, clean bathroom with fluffy towels and bathrobes.

The roof terrace is lovely, but it was too cold to enjoy in January. I highly recommend Riad Bamaga and look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here in March. The staff were very friendly, especially the Guard, Youseff. Our room was tidy, but there were stains in the shower. The breakfast was fair - morrocan bread, pancake, pastries and cake with freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee. We would have liked cereal or some other variation as the bread was a bit stodgy each morning. We were greeted on arrival with a lovely meal which was a lovely touch. We wanted to go to the atlas mountains and used a company that was recommended by the Riad. We were disappointed - it was expensive - no lunch included, the driver spoke average english and didn't say much ie explain where we were and a bit of history which we expected given the price. There were problems with his tourist insurance on the car so this caused a delay of 2 hours at Imil. However, the riad staff always tried to make us feel welcome and it was a nice introduction to Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cabymons, Propriétaire at Riad Bamaga, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your review.. I come back about your opinion, and give you some answer ;
I am sorry if you didn't agree with moroccan breakfast, and tell you my apologies ; It would be necessary for me to ask you about your taste, in order to know if you agree our choice.Sorry again. We welcome a lot of people, every day, and we meet a lot of people who like so much morrocan breakfast and food ! Really, I couldn't imagine that you weren't satisfied, and I 'm very disappointed. About your trip on the Atlas Mountains, I'm so disappointed also about your review. It's the first time for us with this bad feeling. Rachid is a good driver, and never want to embarrass you. Feeling didn't pass this time, and it's a pity. However, I think it's a good idea to suggest him to include some meal in the trip. I hope that your review 'll bring a better service to our customers. I hope so, Thank you ! Colette - riad BAMAGA
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights in the riad bamaga. The riad is beautiful, very peaceful, clean and the staff and owners are very helpful and welcoming. We had a complimentary meal on the first night which again was excellent. The walk into the main square takes about 15 - 20 mins (using the easy to follow map provided by the riad). We really enjoyed these walks as you pass through souks and little morroccan streets which really gives you a good insight into local life. Overall our experience in marrakech, helped by the riad bamaga was excellent, would definately return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Bamaga? Share your experiences!