“Overall good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noor Charana

Save Saved
You added Riad Noor Charana to your Saves list
Riad Noor Charana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Houmat Ben Sahl | Derb el kebir n°31, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #121 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
singapore
“Overall good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The riad is in a narrow street near the square. I requested to give more details info or one person can meet me nearby and lead me there. In mail exchange, it said if I arrive before 7:00 pm they can do so. However when I arrived around 5:30 pm, my driver from desert took long time to convince them to meet me near the riad.
After reached the riad, the condition of room and environment are good. The breakfast is big and nice . Staff are friendly. Only disappointment is there is no wifi,but when I booked it online , wifi is included.
Overall the riad is good , clean . It worth of value

• Stayed December 2012
gany57, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
having booked 24hrs prior to your one night stand, we did correspond and i warned you ( after having sent you detailed explanation on how to find us on foot in the daylight only) how difficult would it be to find us without reserving a transfer with us.i did offer you to have a member of my team pick you up at cafe de france at 8pm to walk you to our house. but those offers were ignored and you did suffer what most people de encounter after a trek in the atlas... your experienced guides capable of leading everybody in the mountains, and working mostly with riads all located inside the medina and very well aware and knowledgable of the maze of the medina of marrakech ...coming up with the regular excuse that they can't enter inside the medina, ( be warned future guests, to not tip them before they bring you to your hotel or riad doorsteps them-self) when all cars and 4x4 do enter it when they depart for a tour, so i am sorry if you felt that we were reluctant to fetch you where your so capable guide dropped you off... we are a guest house where we aim to treat every customer as a guest, we will look after your comfort and every need inside our guest house, and we will try to make your arrival as smooth as possible, but we need cooperation, not last minute call and expectation of a valet service . we are a simple well appreciated house reknown for its silence and very attentioned service, but we are not a 5 stars hotel. the single room that day was at 22 euros with brkfast. . so i am sorry if you felt so so prior to your arrival, but i am glad you enjoyed our very nice homemade breakfast and felt that you had a good deal.
the management

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
shimla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Raid Noor Charana is the best hotel to stay that I had ever seen. It would never look like a hotel. The amazing appearance gives every visitor, a feel of paradise. The beautiful plants and flowers that decorate the hotel naturally give us a great experience and joy. The stay there in Riad in Marrakech would be the most unforgettable trip for anyone. I had to stay there for just three days. But I could get the real feel of heaven there. The beauty of the rooms and the hotel impressed me greatly. Next is to talk about the hotel is the bathrooms. My expectations regarding this would always be high and Raid met all my needs. The bathrooms were clean and spacious. They were not too old too. The breakfasts offered are traditional type and tasted good. The staff there knew English that helped me greatly and I could get the best car rental deals too. With all these facilities, the rate of Riad was the cheapest. That was quite unbelievable for me when I got such a luxurious stay for just 50 Euros.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
thank you thank you, its a real treat for the team and myself to feel so appreciated. we do aim to provide a very quiet and peaceful atmosphere and you are making our efforts worth the every minute attention we put into keeping our simple house the most pleasant experience you can hope to get in our price range. please do come back and try our so tasty numerous local dishes freshly cooked .
merci and have a great holiday season
Cebu Island, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's a good thing I chose this hotel. I was really impressed with this place. I didn't expect that Riad would be that beautiful. I only stayed here for 3 days but I really had the best time in this hotel.

I got the cheapest room available but it felt like I was staying in a starred hotel. It's a good thing that the staff there know how to speak English. Their service is nice and the room's price is quite worth it. I'm really picky when it comes to bathrooms and fortunately, it passed my standards. It's clean and it doesn't look that old.

Overall, I find my stay here worth it. It really made my tour worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
thank you for your review. i do have a rather simple house and small rooms but i and my team will do anything to provide you with an extremely comfortable home where your needs will be heard and satisfied as much as possible. the riad du silence is or shall be like a home away from home, so thank you for having appreciated our efforts .
have a great holiday season
the team and the management
Arezzo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this Riad few years ago and again I had a great stay. November is a great month to visit Marrakech , we were very lucky with sunny and warm day. The Riad is in the middle of the Medina but very close to the main sq. only 10 minutes on foot. Don't get put off by the the unlit alley and the entrace; once u enter the Riad a different world unfold in front of you. Moha welcomed us and offered us sweet mint tea while we fill up the paperwork. The Riad is simple and elegant , our room quite spacious with en suite bathroom. Great breakfast on the roof terrace cooked for you on the spot , pomigranite juice, yogurt , fresh fruit , cakes , really delicious . This is a totally different experience from tha Mamounia , more real I think and down to earth and of course a fraction of the price . One night we ordered dinner at the Riad and it was the best we had in Marrakech , served on one of the little sitting rooms with the open fire crackling away. Lovely memories . I will advice anybody to stay on this charming and elegant Riad

• Stayed November 2012
gany57, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
thank you for such a pleasant review. me and my team hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our future new location, the riad of silence "concept and team" are moving to another lovely
riad in the medina, ( the riad noor charana will be under a different management ) . stay in touch , our email wont change , riadsilence@yahoo.Fr.
happy new year
the management
Bridport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

From the moment we arrived Moha and his wife were friendly and attentive, organising a driver for us to visit the Atlas mountains and providing a wonderful meal on our first night. As others have mentioned it was 180 dhm each but was freshly cooked, flavoursome and definitely worth the money. The hotel is so close to the hustle and bustle it is surprising how quiet it remains. The loudest thing is the noise of the birds in the trees in the morning! The breakfast which is included in the room price sets you up for the day, with at least two home cooked types of pancakes or breads plus rolls, yoghurt (delicious with some of the honey stirred in) freshly squeezed orange juice, tea and coffee and a piece of fruit. With only six rooms you will never feel crowded and busy here. We were two couples and had two adjoining rooms with bathrooms in between and a sitting area on the landing giving us our own little space when the city all got too much! Highly recommended as good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
noorcharana, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
hello
thank you for taking the time to review our work.we are so happy you enjoyed our philosophy of the riad of silence and also our simple but so authentic food. next time we will try to have try newer recipes. in the name of the entire team, we wish you and your family and friends a lovely and happy end of the year. a bientot maybe.
rene-jean general manager
rio de janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I must say Marrakech was not what I expected, but "my" riad was one of the most beautiful things that I enjoyed there. The manager, Mr. Moham was very friendly and polite and our stayng there was very nice.If in Marrakech, nearly inside the Medina, do not exitate to choose Riad Noor Chanara.

Room Tip: It is realy silent, as advised!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
thank you for such a lovely note. we hope to have the pleasure to have you back in our home. cordially
rene-jean moha radia and naima
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband, teenage son and I had a wonderful 4 nights in Marrakech and were fortunate to have found this delightful Riad on the web. We went with no real expectations of what it would be like apart from the few photos on the web and were more than pleasantly surprised with the decor, setting and location when we arrived. Handy walking distance to the action and far enough away for peace and quiet. Delicious breakfast and very helpful Manager. We were able to recommend to friends that came to stay a month after we left.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
thank you for having stayed in our house, next time we will have you try some of our homemade specialities.
rene-jean GM

Been to Riad Noor Charana? Share your experiences!