“Really nice & relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noor Charana

Save Saved
You added Riad Noor Charana to your Saves list
Riad Noor Charana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Houmat Ben Sahl | Derb el kebir n°31, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #121 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Really nice & relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's a good thing I chose this hotel. I was really impressed with this place. I didn't expect that Riad would be that beautiful. I only stayed here for 3 days but I really had the best time in this hotel.

I got the cheapest room available but it felt like I was staying in a starred hotel. It's a good thing that the staff there know how to speak English. Their service is nice and the room's price is quite worth it. I'm really picky when it comes to bathrooms and fortunately, it passed my standards. It's clean and it doesn't look that old.

Overall, I find my stay here worth it. It really made my tour worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gany57, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
thank you for your review. i do have a rather simple house and small rooms but i and my team will do anything to provide you with an extremely comfortable home where your needs will be heard and satisfied as much as possible. the riad du silence is or shall be like a home away from home, so thank you for having appreciated our efforts .
have a great holiday season
the team and the management

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arezzo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this Riad few years ago and again I had a great stay. November is a great month to visit Marrakech , we were very lucky with sunny and warm day. The Riad is in the middle of the Medina but very close to the main sq. only 10 minutes on foot. Don't get put off by the the unlit alley and the entrace; once u enter the Riad a different world unfold in front of you. Moha welcomed us and offered us sweet mint tea while we fill up the paperwork. The Riad is simple and elegant , our room quite spacious with en suite bathroom. Great breakfast on the roof terrace cooked for you on the spot , pomigranite juice, yogurt , fresh fruit , cakes , really delicious . This is a totally different experience from tha Mamounia , more real I think and down to earth and of course a fraction of the price . One night we ordered dinner at the Riad and it was the best we had in Marrakech , served on one of the little sitting rooms with the open fire crackling away. Lovely memories . I will advice anybody to stay on this charming and elegant Riad

• Stayed November 2012
gany57, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
thank you for such a pleasant review. me and my team hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our future new location, the riad of silence "concept and team" are moving to another lovely
riad in the medina, ( the riad noor charana will be under a different management ) . stay in touch , our email wont change , riadsilence@yahoo.Fr.
happy new year
the management
Bridport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

From the moment we arrived Moha and his wife were friendly and attentive, organising a driver for us to visit the Atlas mountains and providing a wonderful meal on our first night. As others have mentioned it was 180 dhm each but was freshly cooked, flavoursome and definitely worth the money. The hotel is so close to the hustle and bustle it is surprising how quiet it remains. The loudest thing is the noise of the birds in the trees in the morning! The breakfast which is included in the room price sets you up for the day, with at least two home cooked types of pancakes or breads plus rolls, yoghurt (delicious with some of the honey stirred in) freshly squeezed orange juice, tea and coffee and a piece of fruit. With only six rooms you will never feel crowded and busy here. We were two couples and had two adjoining rooms with bathrooms in between and a sitting area on the landing giving us our own little space when the city all got too much! Highly recommended as good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
noorcharana, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
hello
thank you for taking the time to review our work.we are so happy you enjoyed our philosophy of the riad of silence and also our simple but so authentic food. next time we will try to have try newer recipes. in the name of the entire team, we wish you and your family and friends a lovely and happy end of the year. a bientot maybe.
rene-jean general manager
rio de janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I must say Marrakech was not what I expected, but "my" riad was one of the most beautiful things that I enjoyed there. The manager, Mr. Moham was very friendly and polite and our stayng there was very nice.If in Marrakech, nearly inside the Medina, do not exitate to choose Riad Noor Chanara.

Room Tip: It is realy silent, as advised!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
thank you for such a lovely note. we hope to have the pleasure to have you back in our home. cordially
rene-jean moha radia and naima
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband, teenage son and I had a wonderful 4 nights in Marrakech and were fortunate to have found this delightful Riad on the web. We went with no real expectations of what it would be like apart from the few photos on the web and were more than pleasantly surprised with the decor, setting and location when we arrived. Handy walking distance to the action and far enough away for peace and quiet. Delicious breakfast and very helpful Manager. We were able to recommend to friends that came to stay a month after we left.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
thank you for having stayed in our house, next time we will have you try some of our homemade specialities.
rene-jean GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I spent about a week at riad Noor Charana . I can't say enough about the manager and his staff . Everyone went out of their way to help and make my stay as enjoyable as possible . I tend to check my email from time to time and without asking a fresh kettle of Moroccan tea and cookies suddenly appear next to me . I highly recommend this riad to anyone who wants to experience how Marrackshis go about their daily lives !!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
i am glad you enjoyed our home, we try to make everybody feel at home , maybe another time we will show you other secret spots in this amazing city and its maze of a medina. a bientot.
rene-jean astier
general manager
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at this Riad for four nights last week. We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in the Medina area close to Djema El Fna Square.

After booking online, I was contacted by the Riad regarding transportation from the airport within a couple of hours. They offered a taxi service and also provided a map if you wanted to make your own way. We opted for the taxi service.

On arrival at Marrakech airport, we were met at the airport by the taxi driver who was holding a card with my name on it. From the airport, it took about 15 minutes to the Riad and cost 150 Dirhams. Very expensive for the short journey but you get there without any hassle and the driver knows where to go in the maze like alleys of the Medina.

We were then walked through small roads and alleyway when the driver turned and knocked on a door. Me and my wife looked at each other and thought 'oh, no this is not what we expected!'. And it really wasn't, we walked into a beautiful and well maintained riad! An oasis in the Medina.

The Riad is well maintained, clean and lots of light. Also it is very quite and its nickname is Riad Silence!

We were greeted by Mohan and a female assistant. They made us feel very welcome and straight away gave us mint tea and biscuits whilst we went over the formalities. They also provided a map and told us where the main attractions were. Very helpful and friendly although the english was not the best.

We were taken to our room which was very small and not what we had expected. There were twin beds and barely enough room to move around. There was an attached bathroom which was nice but also very small. We were not impressed with the size.

After a sleep we decided that it was too small for us and planned to move out to a hotel. I spoke to Mohan, who then spoke to the owner and within 5 minutes we had been upgraded to a very large room with a bigger bathroom for the same price! Hows that for service?!

The owner then spoke to me and made sure we were happy. I met him briefly during our stay and he seemed very friendly and polite.

We were provided breakfast every morning between 8.00am and 10.30am. The breakfast consisted of coffee, yoghurt, orange juice, 4 types of bread/pancakes and various spreads. Very filling but it was the same every day! No eggs or variety and I did get fed up with it after 4 days!

They also do a 3 course dinner on request. The cost is 180 Dirhams per person. Very expensive (You can eat for a total of 100 - 120 Dirhams for two anywhere decent) but it was the best meal we had in Morocco. For starters, there was a soup, aubergine chutney and samosa like pastries filled with various cheeses. All well made and delicious.

For the mains there was a lamb tagine with a cous cous type wheat. Amazing! The Tagine was fantastic with the meat falling off the bone........

For dessert there was a Apple Flan which was also lovely! We were stuffed and couldn't move.

I would highly recommend travellers to give this a try if they can and I am sure there will be no regrets!

The Riad is very close to the Souk and Djema El Fna. We walked to the square and various other attractions on foot and barely needed to use a taxi in the four days.

It is a lovely Riad in the heart of the Medina. However, please note that it is only a 3* and the facilities are basic. But for the price your paying, its well worth it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
hello
i am sorry for the late response to your lovely review. we hope to have the pleasure to see you back in our house. cordially
rene-jean astier
general manager

Been to Riad Noor Charana? Share your experiences!