“FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #213 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We read many great reviews on the Riad, before travelling and we can only add to the positive comments. The riad is as described an 'oasis' of tranquility in a bustling city and this is a pefect description, Achraf & Said provided great service and advice during our stay.
The food in the riad is excellant as was the standard of accomodation.
In our experience the airport transfer is a must and our personaly guided trip to the Atlas mountains was a fantastic day out...
One visit we would have avoided was the 'tanning yard'. Strong stomach required plus heavily pestered to buy produce or pay for your experience.

Would we return?
Yes and we plan to next year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed here for one night with my partner, having already spent time at another Riad in Marrakech and also just come back from a trip to the desert. I wanted to stay somewhere peaceful, quiet and luxurious and came across Riad Davia after a google search. The Riad itself is just heavenly inside. The guys who work there/own it speak perfect english and are very helpful. We stayed in the room with bed on a mezzanine floor, it was just so special. The best part for me tho was the Hammam I got there. The lady who did it was just soooo lovely and made the whole experience so relaxing. I'd never had one before but came away feeling so refreshed. It was a rare experience to interact with a Moroccan female and I very much enjoyed it. Also - so cheap!
Also, the food here is excellent
All in all, a really beautiful stay

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I don't think my stay in Marrakesh would have been as great as it was if I didn't stay at Riad Davia! Although dragging my luggage through the medina was somewhat intimidating, as soon as I stepped foot into this riad it was the relaxation and class I was looking for. As soon as we arrived the hotel manager, Achraf, offered us mint tea and went through all of the highlights of the medina and Marrakesh. He gave several excellent recommendations for places to visit and experience that proved to be delightful. Definitely has good taste! The rest of the staff was extremely pleasent and accomodating. I plan on going right back to Riad Davia when I visit again this summer.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

My husband and I decided to spend a few days in Marrakech when our cruise ended in Casablanca. Communications from the start with Achraf were so pleasant and positive. One definitely needs to arrange for a taxi to take one there...and the difference between inside and the streets is like night and day! With Achraf's help and advice we were able to find our way to the main square and back. He also arranged for a wonderful guide on a walking tour, plus the best taxi to take us out for the evening. The driver actually guided us from the riad, and also was in the restaurant to guide us back out. Our room was charming and very tastefully appointed. Hafida cooked 2 fabulous dinners for us, the last one being a pidgeon pie on request. Absolutely delicious! Breakfasts were different dishes each morning... Everyone was always smiling and cheerful...very personable. It is the helpful and friendly staff that makes the stay a success. Even though the Davia was among the farthest riads from the main square, it only took us about 15 minutes to walk. And the advantage of its location is that one experiences the neighborhood, without any other tourists around. These appear en masse as one approaches the square. I wish we could have stayed a few more days!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

Riad is very charming and comfortable, the staff were very welcoming.
Lovely room, good food. Would I go back to riad davia or recommend it to my friends ? Absolutely!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I have just returned from 3 days at Riad Davia and was so impressed I felt compelled to write my first review! The riad itself is immaculately clean and so relaxed it feels like your home, I really liked the fact that there was always some soft music on in the background as I hate those places where you feel you have to creep around!
The staff are all fantastic so friendly, warm & genuine and I was especially impressed with all the small touches such as big, fluffy towels, bath robes & gorgeous toiletries (diligently topped up everyday)
The location of the riad is perfect although on first sight it may look a little dodgy once you have walked to the square a few times you realise how unthreatening it actually is, I really loved having the opportunity to see the locals going about their daily business in this colourful vibrant part of town without any kind of hassle (nothing like the souks!)
I also took the opportunity to try out the hammam and had an excellent massage with a great therapist (who like all the other staff was incredibly warm and friendly) for half the price you would pay at one of the big spas and so lovely to be able to wander back to your room in your robe, highly recommended!!
Just wished we had tried out Hafidas cooking but we were too busy out exploring every day, ah well there is always next time!

One last point, if you have a hire car as we did, there is a large carpark just outside the medina and only 5 mins from the riad, we were charged 50dirham per 24hrs.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I and 6 of my friends stayed 4 nights at Riad Davia in Marrakech in January 2011. You definately need to book the transport from the airport, it's not the easiest place to find, and not the easiest place to reach. The taxi takes you into the walled part of the old city, but it's still a bit of a trek to get to the riad. I was glad to be in a big group the night we arrived, as it was a bit scary - relatively long walk partly in darkness as the power had gone off, through streets that were being worked on...so piles of dirt to negotiate in the dark in little streets, strange country. I don't think I would have been at all comfortable if there had only been two of us.

On the way, you are thinking omg, what on earth am I doing, even to the front door of the riad...once you step inside it is worth it!! The Riad is beautiful, although at this time of the year we found it chilly....probably anticipating the change in temperature a bit optimistically...but the staff light a fire and the atmosphere and temperature warm up. Just the amazing staff are welcoming and warm.

The staff at the Riad could not have been more friendly, helpful or lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. Hafida, the chef extraordinaire cooked wonderful meals, breakfast and dinner and didn't stop smiling the whole time. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. She gave some of us a cooking lesson....I can't wait to put it into action!

Ashraf again, could not be more accommodating and helpful - from taxis, information, bookings, everything was organised, and the people he booked for us - driver and guide again, good English, lovely manner and I felt completely safe in their care.

Said- poor man ran around at our beck and call, his manner and kindness could not be faulted. Nothing was too much trouble.

The nitty gritty - showers were hot and powerful - wonderful. Rooms clean and comfortable...except at this time of the year, we were all cold, but extra blankets/heaters were provided on request. One room did have a drain smell, but the pair staying in there, didn't notice it after the first hour.

The Riad was comfortable, it was lovely to be able to congregate in the main room or the dining room by the fire with friends and chat.

Downside - it was fairly central to the Square jamaa el fna, but if you are unsteady on your feet it would not be appropriate. There are constantly 'road' improvements going on and you need to be able to walk over piles of rubble or around them. You need to be very aware of the traffic and stay to the right all the time, so the donkey and cart, motorbikes and man pulled carts can get by without running you over.

Fabulous place to visit, would definately go again.........and stay at Riad Davia.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Davia? Share your experiences!