“Best hotel in the world!” 5 of 5 stars

L Mansion Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 9 Route de Ourzazate, Marrakech BP 6131, Morocco   |
Ranked #156 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Best hotel in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels that i have ever stayed in! Its not the cheapest and the service on the terrace of the italian restaurant can be slow!

We dines in the italian restaurant twice and both times were excellent! We also had lunch at the pool side buffet however i would just try something from the snack menu in the future as the buffet is huge and nit cheap!

The rooms are well equipped and spacious however the separate loo is a tight squeeze even for the smallest of frames!

If you want something special, then this is your place! I would put it in my top three hotels in the world and its worth every penny in my eyes!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had an amazing trip.
Beautiful surroundings and staff couldn't have been more helpful.
I have stayed in Marrakech a few times and could honestly say this one of the best experiences I have had there and have always liked the city.
The food was especially good and we felt very at home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I never write reviews but I decided on L Mansion based on tripadvisor reviews.
After my stay at L Mansion, I have to give back to the community by sharing my experience there.
This was my first stay in Morocco. L Mansion is a magnificent Arabian style palace, the level of details and colors of the architecture are just out of this world.
The manager, Lamya made me feel right at home. She is fluent in English and helped me plan/book all my visits and excursions. She's very knowledgeable and caring. She also makes the best French macarons in town.
L Mansion doesn't have set menus...they delicately prepare authentic Moroccan food based on what you feel like eating and/or your pallet. Food is super fresh and just succulent...best I had in all Marrakech.
Definitely coming back next spring with my friends.

Room Tip: I originally booked the executive suite but Lamya kindly upgraded me to the Senior suite. It the mos...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had to organise a trip for Directors of my company at the very last moment. This would generally be painful but Lamya could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble and in the hundreds of different types of accommodation I have booked, I have never had the pleasure of dealing with someone who is so obviously meant for the hospitality industry.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The grounds are amazing, the food honestly was our best meals in all of our trip to Morocco, and Lamya is so nice and accomodating. The rooms and the grounds are stunningly beautiful. We recently stayed for three nights with our 18 month old in tow. They were extremely friendly and you felt like you were staying at a friends palace, rather than a hotel. Lamya has 2 kids of her own who our son got to play with when they were home from school and my wife and i spent most of our dinners chatting with Layma as we enjoyed the delicious food. The only drawback of our experience was that the hotel is a bit far removed from town (more like 20 or so mins than the 10 advertised)- but given the hecticness of Marakkech, it was actually nice to escape it after a day of sightseeing. It is not cheap, but we weren't expecting a bargain either. Would highly recommend it (especially if you are traveling with kids)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maspalomas, Canarias, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I couldn't believe my eyes when i came in this palace mansion in Marrakesh, it was like to return on the time 1000 years back. The architecture and decoration are of the highest level, not only inside, also outside. If i did heard well when Lamia explained me how long time took for his father not only to build up the Mansion also to collect all these traditional Moroccan tiles with hand carved - painted ceilings, columns etc...., just 25 years, nearly nothing.

I could be the whole day writing about the beauty of the rooms, specially all the living rooms, the gardens, the swimmming pool, but the best of the best was their warm hospitality, specially Lamia and the sweetest waiter i have ever met in my life. I asked him every day for his name and evryday he answered with the same smile. For sure he thought "which a memory have this old man", but the age doesn't forgive anyone. In other words you felt better than at home, at least i did and as well my friend Kolja, Marcos and Souliman,. I had with Lamia many long conversations about the moroccan culture, arts and heritage, and i didi learn a lot of.

I was also lucky to share a special dinner with Lamia and her husband. So thanks once more for all your kindness and great Hospitality. I forgot to tell you that the very fresh sallad and chicken were spectacular. I did eat few times in the most famous restaurant in Marrakesh, but nothing compared with the meals in Lmansion. Next time i will let Lamia to coordinate our tour guide specially about the good restaurants.

The view of the snowed Atlas mountains range were spectaculars, specially if you had the President Suite, maybe one day when i become rich i can afford to stay one or few nights in that paradise room with the best views.

The only thing i would like to recommend is about the Wifi because we had it only in the lobby area. It woul be good at least for people like (business) me to have it as well in the sleeping rooms, swimming pool ant the out door terrace, and if it is possible at least for the businesses man is to have a room with a big tv screen just for meetings and small conferences.

It was so funny as well that in 4 days i only met for few seconds the other 3 couples that shared their holidays at the same time as me. So with this i mean that even if all the 10 rooms are booked, your privacy will not be in danger.

So i highly recommend staying in Lmansion. It will be from now a day my favorite place to relax, not only as a business man and as well with my family. I will try to come back in April for the Marrakesh Grand Prix organised by Lamias Husband brother, Mr Ali. I take the chance to wish my new friend Ali the best Success to get the F1 in Marrakesh.

So once more thanks to all the Lmansion Team specially lamia and the waiter. Thanks, Thanks and thanks

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would recommend the L Mansion for confidential board or business meetings and couples who want total privacy - far (!) away from town - without seeing any other people. There are just 9 rooms and our small group saw no other guests. The hotel is owned and personally managed by a wealthy local family which may be a plus for travellers seeking to connect with the local high society. There are some minor nuisances like (free) wifi only in the lobby area, occasional glitches of hot water in the shower, very cold water in the pool and spa, no proper gym or difficult finding of the service personnel (a bell would help). However the interior design and outside architecture are of the highest quality, like you would expect in a private palace. The food was also pretty good. If you set your expectations right, the L Mansion can be an interesting and enjoyable, albeit unusual choise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to L Mansion Marrakech? Share your experiences!