“The Best Trip ever! Best Morroccon food ever!” 5 of 5 stars

L Mansion Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 9 Route de Ourzazate, Marrakech BP 6131, Morocco   |
Ranked #125 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best Trip ever! Best Morroccon food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I have been traveling around the world for many years and I love to stay in boutique hotels, I can say that L Mansion experience is one of the best of all. They have the very high level of service and hospitality. The management has special personal touch for any service for their guests. I strongly recommended this hotel and plan to stay at least for 5-7 nights and enjoy the Hammam and cooking class. An excellent place for family reunion or even wedding, also I had the best chicken tagine and more ....

Room Tip: Stay 5-7 nights, enjoy the cooking class and hammm
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The glowing reviews of this riad are well-deserved, and I cannot say enough good things about the owner, Lamya, and her staff. They anticipated our every desire, and Lamya spent a great deal of time helping us plan not only our trip in Marrakech but also our journeys in Fes, Essaouira, Tangier, and Casablanca. We stayed in the executive suite, which had a bedroom with two twin beds and another bedroom with a king bed, which shared a hallway and a bathroom. Because it was one friend's birthday, they provided us with a third room free of charge. We felt like kings!

I recommend this hotel without hesitation. We had dinner there two nights and it was delicious. Breakfast was a decadent affair as well.

Be aware that the hotel is fairly removed from the heart of the city, so don't plan on walking to nightlife or restaurants. You'll need to arrange a driver, which the hotel can do, and be prepared to pay around $30-40 USD for round trip transfers. The hotel can coordinate drivers, guides, daytrips, etc, for a slight upcharge naturally, and it was so relaxing to have everything so well orchestrated and to have all of the leg work taken out of the trip.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Warren, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

L Mansion offers a beautifully designed and relaxing stay 15 minutes from the center of Marrakech. Lamya is the perfect hostess...we left NY during a blizzard and did not have luggage for 12 days, yet Lamya lent my college aged children her clothing, and also directed us to some hip shopping stores in Marrakech. The service, food, and air of calm and caring attention to our every need also made our stay so enjoyable. As to the food, my family and I still talk about how much we miss L Mansion's chicken pastilla, lamb tagine, homemade salads....the food was much better than any 5 star restaurant in Morocco. Lamya also set up wonderful tours with guides to the Merzouga dunes, day trips to the countryside, and guides to the medina for us. We cannot wait to return to visit our new Marrakech friend, Lamya. We are so lucky to have met her and her family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My husband and I brought our grown daughters to Morocco. We wanted to stay near to but outside of Marrakesh. We found an incredible oasis at L Mansion! What used to be a private family Palace has now opened it's doors to the public. The decor was out of this world, the Palace was filed with fine antiques and unbelievable Moroccan craftsmanship that needs to be seen in order to believe! The food is excellent! The hotel manager and part owner, Lamya El Manjra is very helpful and went out of her way for us. We loved our stay. This is not a place for budget travelers but for those who wish to totally indulge themselves!
We loved it

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I just returned from my first-ever visit to Marrakech where I had the extreme pleasure of staying at the L Mansion. The first thing that struck me about the "riad," (a traditional Moroccan guest house), is that it is truly a PALACE, complete with all of the exquisite ornate decadence that a visitor could possibly expect. The architectural style and intricate design of the carved and guilded ceilings, the columns, and the incredible mosaics covering many of the walls, create the sense of posh regality.

This feeling also continued in the wonderful treatment that I received from the staff and especially the owner, Lamya. She truly made me feel like royalty while I was there, giving me advice about different things to do around Marrakech, both in the city itself and in the surrounding areas. It is apparent that she takes pride in her culture and her city and wants to share the best of it all with her guests. This also extends to the dining experience at L Mansion. Knowing only the often-times diluted version of Moroccan cuisine that I have experienced in the US, I was blown away by the salads and dishes that I was served. Each day a carefully-chosen menu is prepared for guests that includes traditional salads and main courses, but Lamya was quick to ensure me that if there was anything that I would prefer - or if I had any requests for special Moroccan dishes - that she would do everything in her power to prepare exactly what I wanted. This however, was unnecessary, as I was completely satisfied with the cuisine and loved EVERYTHING!

The location of L Mansion was also perfect for my trip. It is only a quick 10-minute drive into the city of Marrakech, but because it is situated a short distance away, there is lots of peace, quiet and relaxation away from the noise and bustle of the city. It was exactly what I was looking for. Lamya was always happy to arrange for a car to take me anywhere in the city and to pick me up anytime that I wanted to come back "home." The car service was much nicer than a taxi and relieved the pressure of having to haggle with the driver in a language that I do not understand!

I would recommend L Mansion to anyone looking for a relaxing and decadent experience in Marrakech. And the love and care that Lamya gives to her guests really made me feel like I was at home... in a Moroccan palace!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We had an incredible experience at L Mansion. Our first day was a disaster as luggage was lost but the owner Lamja put a smile in our faces. She organized a warm welcome with an Hamam despite the late evening hours followed by a very welcome dinner with Marroccan specialties. Lamja shared clothes and opened her home to us. I felt like in my sister's home. This hotel is a must in Marrakech if you want to have a Prince and Princess treat. Transportation was arranged for us at any hour of the day. We are planning to stay at this gem anytime we visit Marrakech and indeed do refer all our friends. Lamja is a sister I don't have and always have her and family in our minds. The detail of this hotel and collection
Is incredible. Staff service is impeccable.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

This hotel was an experience to remember the rest of our lives. The owner of the hotel, Lamya, made the stay so very special with all of the assistance she provided us. I hope she reads this review. First of all, the hotel itself is absolutely stunning and is like staying in a sultan's palace. It apparently took Moroccan craftmen 25 years to build the hotel and the attention to detail shows. It is opulent in all directions. Each evening we sat down and spoke to Lamya about our planned activities and she made sure that we got everything we needed. Muhammed drove us whereever we wanted to go. Majid was constantly there to provide us with some of our meals and other services. Lamya even assisted us in purchasing furniture in Marrakech!
The food at the L Mansion was exceptional. Not only that, but the hotel prepared a special feast on our 20th wedding anniversary that included an anniversary chocolate cake.
One reason why the service at the hotel is exceptional is because it only has eight suites. Ours was an upgraded suite that was beautiful in its own right.
My comment to the last reviewer of this hotel is simple - when you ask for extra things like a ride to the Aman you have to expect to pay for it - do you expect hotels to provide such extras for free?
We bought so many beautiful things in Marrakech with the help of Lamya. Will recommend the L Mansion to everyone who plans to visit this unusual and rewarding city. Thanks Lamya!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to L Mansion Marrakech? Share your experiences!