My partner and I have just returned from our time here in Marrakech and could not sing it's praises high enough.
We had arranged beforehand our airport transfer and the driver was waiting for us at the airport as we arrived. This was arranged very professionally by the reception team with all prices agreed on before arrival.
Upon arriving at the hotel we were given a guided tour and told that we had been upgraded from the standard room to a larger suite. The tour also included a visit to the standard room so we could see the quality of the rooms. We could have quite happily have stayed in the standard room had we not been upgraded. The room had a lovely reception area, a good sized bedroom area, a fantastic authentic Moroccan Hammam shower room/ bathroom and a private balcony which overlooked the pool and the Atlas mountains.
The pool area is beautiful with plenty of sun exposure if you want to develop your tan but also shaded areas for the hotter parts of the day. There are lovely red dragonflies flying around the pool along with African swallows which fly over the water. There is a bar and restaurant area poolside and a shaded patio area to eat lunch here.
The food at the hotel was lovely especially the lamb tagine which was beautiful. However if you do not feel like eating at the hotel, the reception team are more than happy recommending and booking tables at surrounding restaurants.
They are also happy to arrange excursions or taxis to the city or other places of interest for you.
We used the Hammam spa facilities a lot whilst we were here and I really enjoyed the back massage and face sculpturing massage. My partner had the traditional hammam but I would suggest having this before any sunbathing as sunburn and an all over body scrub do not mix.
Do note that there is no in room wifi however there is very fast, free wifi available around the reception area should you need it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La maison des oliviers a l'ecart des tumultes de la ville rouge est la destination revee pour un sejour a Marrakech. Vous retrouverez dans son architecture le charme du concept d'un Riad traditionnel, allie au confort le plus raffine.Afin de vous relaxer durant votre sejour, un service bien etre vous sera propose. Des vacances pour le confort du corps et la curiosite de l'esprit.Notre etablissement possede 10 chambres standard, 6 Suites Ambassadeur, 12 Suites senior, 1 Suite Pacha, 1 Suite pour personne a mobilitee reduite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and HostelWorld so you can book your La Maison des Oliviers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Des Oliviers Hotel Marrakech
- La Maison Des Oliviers Marrakech