I went on a 4 day trip with my partner and I decided to pick this hotel based on location and value as I thought a more typical hotel like in the new city would take away the fun culture side of our trip. I wasn't dissapointed. Myself and my partner are a young couple (27-23yrs) usually used to high end travel without trying to sound too pretentious we just like 4 or 5 star hotels. We got a cab for about £15 to the hotel. Be sure to print various maps off google to show the cab drivers as they don't speak good english and aren't always sure where to go. It's a short walk down an alleyway which at first you think this surly can't be the way. It's located around a couple of dingy alleyways with no hotel signs just a large pair of double doors. We rang the bell and paused slightly in suspense and a lovely lady opened the door. In we stepped to a wonderful spacious courtyard. The staff were very friendly and always keen to assist you with anything you need. We had the suite room which was big, light and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the shower (although handheld) was fine. You get a real sense of tradition in the Riad's with large wooden bedroom doors and arched windows with old shutters. This was the general theme with the Medina area, you walk down weird slum alleyway's thinking the worse then in you step to the most amazing places. Never judge a book by it's cover couldn't describe the Medina in a better way. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in an excellent central location. It's clean and the staff are always willing. The food we had was fine but basic as we just ate breakfast which was mostly bread jam fruit and eggs. You can sunbathe on the roof terrace on lovely beds with a shower. Would definitely return in the future! Excellent all round!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Assala’s superb location means that it’s hidden away from the rumble tumble of everyday life but is just a 2 minutes walk away from the famous “Jemaa-el-Fna” Square. It is very easely accessible and is the ideal place to stay to discover the ochre city ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers, Prestigia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Riad Al Assala Medina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Al Assala Medina Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Al Assala Medina Marrakech