Riad Al Assala Medina offered the perfect hideaway just 2-3 minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the Djemaa El Fna. The staff were all very friendly and helped us with confirming our day trips and booking taxis to and from the airport. The riad only has 6 rooms, all surrounding the courtyard. Our room was spectacular, with a split level living area and sleeping area. The tasteful furniture mixed well with the old Moroccan style building which offered plenty of character. There was also a safe and hairdryer in the room.
We had breakfast on the roof terrace where there are also a handful of sun loungers that allowed for an afternoon nap after a day in the souks. Breakfast is simple (bread, jam and butter, orange juice and either some fruit or cake) but serves its purpose and I suspect it is the same at other riads as well. There is also a more complete menu so you can eat lunch or dinner at the riad as well, although we didn’t do this opting to explore instead. There is free wifi in a small area in the lobby and the staff will let you use their computer as well if you want.
A few points to note - our room had a beautiful big bath, but just a handheld shower, the bed was a little firm, and you can’t lock your room from the outside as the doors are the original, giant wooden doors that have probably been there since the riad was built. I don’t think there is much of a security risk though and again, I suspect that you can’t lock your doors at many other traditional riads. Lastly, the riad has no signposts or even a name outside so you won’t find it unless your taxi driver takes you or you have good directions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Assala’s superb location means that it’s hidden away from the rumble tumble of everyday life but is just a 2 minutes walk away from the famous “Jemaa-el-Fna” Square. It is very easely accessible and is the ideal place to stay to discover the ochre city ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Riad Al Assala Medina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Al Assala Medina Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Al Assala Medina Marrakech