“Arrived as guests and left as friends....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
You added Riad Noir d'Ivoire to your Saves list
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Surrey
“Arrived as guests and left as friends....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I use trip advisor a lot when booking trips away - it has become my personal travel agent if you like! When I looked up Riad Noir D'Ivoire I couldn't believe how many positive reviews there were - I felt sure that all those people could not be wrong so set about booking 3 nights for my friend and I. After a few emails between Jill and I ,our stay was booked and she even offered to have us picked up from our first destination which was Essaouira - 3 hours away from Marrakesh!!!

I am not going to repeat what has already been written on here other than to say that I can't think of a more perfect place to stay when in Marrakesh. It really is an oasis of calm in a city of chaos and from the moment you arrive you are made to feel relaxed, taken care of and at home.

Nothing is too much trouble and Jill & Damien go to great efforts to ensure that you get the best out of your stay in the city - from booking restaurants, arranging trips out or a driver for the day, to giving you a mobile phone so you can call the Riad if you get lost or have any problems (what a lovely touch!)

We were accompanied by a member of staff during the evenings from the riad to the area where the transport can get to so we didn't have to walk down dark alleys at night on our own, and when we returned there was always a member of staff waiting for us to escort us home again! What a service! We really appreciated this and it meant that we could relax and enjoy ourselves in the evening without being concerned about what time we were coming home and walking home in the dark!

We had a hammam while we were there which was excellent, as well as some henna tattoos - literally as soon as you mention being interested in a particular activity they were there on hand to make it happen.

We only ate in the Riad for one evening as there were so many other restaurants that we wanted to experience but I have to say that the lamb tagine I had there was out of this world! As indeed was breakfast which you can have at anytime of the day and changes daily with whatever fresh local produce the chef has bought.

The attention to detail in this Riad is second to none and many other hotels around the world would do well to stay here see how it should be done!

The only down side was that our trip was too short! There is so much to do in and around Marrakesh that 3 nights is just not long enough.... the upside is that we have a bonefide excuse to go back!!! And I can't wait!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I have arrived in marakesh for 4 days. Has specially decided to stop in Medina, in the center medini and there was this hotel. At first it seemed to me that the arrangement isn't so convenient, but it only during the first moment. When from noise of streets and huge number of dealers it wanted to have a rest - I came into hotel, in the number and it there was an oasis. Very beautiful from within. Decorative and second pool for bathing. Pleasant free breakfasts with tasty toasts, jams and fruit AS I love. To understand in medina to me has helped staff and I never absolutely have lost the way, when went on Medina and in the evenings came back in hotel.
In the heart I was subdued by their massage and to boors. Morocco 70 country in the list of my travel and to surprise difficult, but extra a class massage by stones was super to boors, and next day. It really becomes professionals. And comfort and cosiness atmosphere was everywhere and everywhere. I am grateful to this hotel that I lived in it and pleasure marocco. Sincerely to you I recommend to visit it when you will arrive in marocco

• Stayed August 2010
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

The Riad is beautiful and a very quiet and relaxing oasis in the medina. The owner Jill is very friendly and helpful with advice on where to go and what to do.

The only negative we experienced was that the alley outside the Riad was being dug up to install some pipework which meant navigating it was very difficult (this was in feb 2010). On top of that the weather wasn't great which meant it turned the path into a quagmire. However this was hardly the fault of the Riad and would have been a temporary situation - just bad timing on our part. The alleyway outside is a bit daunting at first, especially at night, but was actually very safe.

The medina is busy, noisy, smelly and a fantastic experience - maybe not for everyone but I loved it. We got lost a couple of times and you do get hassled which you need to be prepared for.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

from the minute we stepped into the riad we were made to feel welcome and at home. The owner Jill arranged for one of her staff to prepare breakfast for my husband and myself which was very much needed. Jill has certainly got an eye for detail and the design of the riad is cozy and relaxing but at the same time has a very spacious feel about it. in fact all rooms were occupied but it felt like we were the only guests staying there. We had the most wonderful massages and tried out other treatments that were available there. Jill, Damien and her staff always took our safety into account when ever we went out either daytime or evening and always sent one of her staff to meet us and walk us back to the riad, but I must say that not once did we feel unsafe, as the locals were all so lovely. we were even given a local mobile phone so we could call if we happen to get lost!. Jill and Damien were great host and nothing was too much trouble, from advice on where to shop and recommending restaurant for dinner. We are really looking forward to going back, and will only be staying at one place!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Spent a short week in Marrakech in July. We stayed at this lovely boutique hotel and had a wonderful time. Staff are excellent - friendly, helpful and all - , setting is gorgeous, rooms are comfortable and spotless clean...
Will definitely stay here again when we come back to Marrakech!
An other great find whilst in Marrakech was Restaurant Riad Monceau where we had 2 fantastic Moroccan meals.
Both highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Zaandam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

To sleep in this hotel is like sleeping in your own fairytale. Everything is so beautiful en the people are so friendly. A stay in this hotel makes you forget all other things in de world for a few days.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Macclesfield Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

My husband and I got married at Riad Noir D'Ivoire last October and Jill and all of her staff made our stay there and actual wedding really, really special. The attention to detail and time and effort everybody put in for us was just beyond words. We had a party of 16 people and everybody was just blown away by the few days we had at Noir d'Ivoire. The hotel is stunningly beautiful without feeling uncomfortable....a place you really feel you can put your feet up on the sofa. The staff attend to your every need without it feeling intrusive. On our first stay we loved it so much we opted to get married there we were so impressed. The only regret we have is that we decided to spend the second half of our time in Marrakech in a well known and regarded hotel in the Atlas mountains for a change of scenery. What a let down that was! There is just no comparison at all as we were totally spoiled by a beautiful riad with wonderfully warm and attentive staff. Jill has got this place absolutely perfect in every way.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!